1st Grow Ever: 3x Liberty Haze, LED & Coco

First let's go through the pictures from yesterday:
This is the big one, growing strong. No longer growing tall, which is good, just fattening the buds! 2, 3 more weeks to go?

IMG_20170623_204747.jpg

In the next picture, you see the strongest plant at the front and in the background the second strongest plant. It is now the tallest plant! It is a couple of inches taller and I beleive it will still grow some more! I hope it does not grow too much more. I've already have to put the lights higher up as it was 10 inches from the tallest. Now it is at 12. I'm planning to leave it at 12 as they seem to be OK with that.

IMG_20170623_204758.jpg

And here a closeup of the tallest plant
IMG_20170623_204825.jpg

The third one is quite shorter than the rest, it is weaker, but has a few buds starting to form. I may put some boxes underneath it so it has more light, and as it grow tall, I'll be changing it for smaller boxes (or a stool, don't know).

I'll go water them now and see what I find.
Humidity is an issue.....the other day it was 71. I'm making an extra effort to remove all excess water and make it down to 61.

Ohhh by the way.....I dried a few of the leaves and as I don't have anything to smoke....actually I've not consumed any weed in months as I don't want to cheat on my babies....I said...why not? I put them in the vaporiser and..
:volcano-smiley:
I think it did something....I know it's too early and they are not supposed to do much. Maybe was placebo. I have a couple of leaves more that I took yesterday (had to do it as it was covering some flowers). If this early leaves are hitting....I can't only dream of what the flowers will do =)

Officially in the 6th week of flowering
:cheer:

To make it easy to refer to the plants I'll add this diagram
----------
- P1 P2 -
- P3 -
-- door --

P1 keeps on growing tall. I pull the tallest branch to the left back corner so it is farther away from the light. It is now at 11 inches.
P2 grew a bit more. Some of it's branches are not receiving a lot of light and I don't think they will grow tall. But as we dont' have a lot of space left, we'll leave nature figure out what to do. It will not provide a lot of flowers probably, but let's see.
P3 is faaaat. It amazes us the difference between P3, P2 and P1.

Picture from the door. P3 on the front and you can see how much taller P1 is (and how short P2 is)

IMG_20170625_225337.jpg

Close up of the tallest branch of P1

IMG_20170625_225348.jpg

And now P2, the tiny one:

IMG_20170625_225354.jpg

We'll share now a rookie mistake that could have costed us everything!
We installed a new fan (as I read that it is good to have fans not just for humidity but also to encourage flowers to grow bigger). There were not plugs left and I use an extra plug to use a lamp to check on the girls. I disconnect it when I leave as all plugs are full.
As I left I forgot to disconnect the light and connect the extractor fan!!!!
The tent was wihout extractor fan for 2 days. Yesterday I went to the tent and when I opened it was a tropical jungle, I didn't understand why! humidity was....94%!!!!! So I opened all the windows of the tent, and made sure there was no water.
Today it was 80%!!! And then I realised that the extractor fan was not working.

Crisis adverted. All working now, humidity should be back to 'normal' 60% tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, we smoked a couple of leaves again. This time my girlfriend confirmed that they 'do something'.
:Namaste:

PANIC!!! Ok...don't panic...we can do it.
Humidity is back to 60%, but I noticed yellow tips in a lot of leaves. It's very tiny, less than 1mm for most of the affected leafs.

1) All 3 plants have it.
2) Mostly in the top 2/3 of the plant, but I've seen it also in some lower leaves.

Going through our pictures from yesterday I think I see a bit....

I'm not sure if it is: a) light burn (but why some leaves with not much light are also affected?... also the smaller plant is affected (but not that much).
b) nute burn (I had this before, and looks exactly the same).

I assumed nute burn and gave them water today (yesterday was also plain water). Ph is fine. Usually around 5.8.

Check the pics and let me know what you guys think. I'll check again tomorrow.

IMG_20170626_205716.jpg
IMG_20170626_205901.jpg
IMG_20170626_210155.jpg

May Gaia help us.

Sometimes folks switch to flowering nutes too soon. You shouldn't switch over till the upward bolting is complete and you see some form of packing up of the grow tips indicating impending flowering.

So chance are your plants still veg'ed for 3 weeks after the flip. And if you switched nutes at the same time you flipped, they could be lacking in nitrogen.

I would give them a few days of grow juice rather than flower juice. See how they respond.

HOWEVER - I can only see a photo or two. This is my best guess based on a photo. Hence be ready to flush is the plant goes down hill.

Cheers

I'm pretty sure now that it was nute burn. It happened when the plants were much younger and now again. I watered using water for 3 days, and then gave them half of what I was giving them.
I think the issue was a couple of days I was giving them less water, and it started on the day I was flushing (I nute every other day). As humidity was up like 94%! (the few days that I accidentally turned off the extractor fan!).

So now it's all kind of back to normal. In order to keep humidity down I removed the trays from the plants, as it was always a bit of water. I left only the support that lets them be 1 cm above the floor. I put a wooden plank under the tent, and I put some little wood squares to have a decline to the door of the tent. So now the water flows to the door, and I use a pump to take it out. It's dryer in there now. Also I opened the second window to have more air flowing.
Humidity is now always less than 70, and close to 60.
But while I was doing all this....somehow I accidentally chopped the top of one of the main colas =(. I was heartbroken:

IMG_20170628_192729.jpg

RIP!

Anyway, life continues. This is how they look today. Tomorrow it is the start of the 7th week of flowering!
One of them is way waaaaay ahead of the others. They look so different. So I'm giving different nutes. Late bloom doses for the big one, and early bloom for the other two.

IMG_20170629_1941591.jpg
IMG_20170630_204908.jpg

IMG_20170630_205010.jpg
IMG_20170630_205033.jpg

There are some yellow spots in one of the plants, only in a couple of flowers....I wonder if it can be light burn...
I'll keep an eye on it. Could be some injuries from all the movements I did the other day, to remove the tray and move them around.

IMG_20170630_204945.jpg

I have a question. It's not clear to me if you are supposed to remove the leaves that are turning yellow. I mean, do you have to take them as soon as you seem them loosing color (all these leaves are from the bottom of the plant, so it is normal)? Or do you have to wait until they lost most of the color? I'm asking this because I read that the plant is taking back nutrients.. But I read that you should remove them because they are sucking energy (maintaining the leaves takes energy and that's why the plant is letting them go). It's kind of conflicting messages. The plant is sucking the energy back...so why will I remove it before it takes that back?

Just to show, here is a pic of the leaves I took. Some are not that yellow. One of them is a good green one that I removed because it was covering a small cola coming from one of the smaller plants (so you can see what is the color of the good leaves).

IMG_20170630_205446.jpg

I guess I should buy the magnifier to check one of the girl is ready!

Now almost at the 7th week of flowering. The two slower plants keep on growing up, specially the tiny one. It's catching up.

The one closer to the door has not been growing for more than a week. It's been fattening the buds!
Nutes are controlled and almost back to normal, all good. Humidity is at 65% most of the time, that's the best we could do.

First a picture of a couple of days ago:

IMG_20170703_221050.jpg
IMG_20170704_220804.jpg

And today:
Welcome to the jungle:

IMG_20170706_204045.jpg

A close up of the fat one:

IMG_20170706_204107.jpg

Photo update! It's been 7 and a half weeks since we flipped. So we are in the 8th week of flowering stage (counting the flip as the first week). Acording to the provider this plant flowers for around 9 weeks? Tomorrow we will have a scope/zooming thingy to check the thricomes. Never did that in my life so not sure what I'm looking for but we've been checking videos and all that. Let's see.

This is a pic of the fat one (this should be ready to harvest a couple of weeks earlier than the rest). The other ones are getting taller by the day. I guess once I harvest one the others will have more room. I think if all continue like this it will be a great harvest! Just a few more weeks! Can't wait!

IMG_20170711_211712.jpg
IMG_20170711_211820.jpg

Today starts the 9th week of flowering!!! We bought a super small magnifier 60X but I find it so difficult to focus on the thricomes. I'm getting a 40x jewels one now, maybe I'll be able to see better. There is definitely almost no amber trichome. But hard to tell weather they are milky or not. I think they are mostly milky but can't be sure as this is the first time in my life looking at that. May be a focus issue.
Not a lot of yellow leaves (almost none...maybe a couple per day at the bottom). And still a lot of white pistills so I think one or more week maybe?

Check them out!

IMG_20170715_200908.jpg
IMG_20170715_201038.jpg

Hi guys! Another week. We are now in day 64 past the flip. 9 full weeks, and now in the 10th week.
We are focusing on the fat one, can't wait for harvest time so we can get some space for the other two that are coming along slow, but taller than the fat one. So nice things ahead.
I've not seen any amber trichome and hard to tell the proportion of milky/transparent ones.
As I don't want any couch lock we will probably harvest once we see 10% amber or something like that.
The plant is still not losing many leaves. I've seen pictures of other plants close to harvest and they get a lot of yellow leaves, specially near the colas. Is this always the case?

Ok, check them out and let me know what you think, any tips or whatever for this next critical stage. No idea how much times is left, one week at least seems likely.

IMG_20170723_191710006.jpg
IMG_20170723_191741242.jpg
IMG_20170723_191815816.jpg
IMG_20170723_244527036_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170723_192205377_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170723_244357779_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170723_192257110_HDR.jpg

Looks like they are all starting to cloudy up for you maybe a week or so. Once the hairs start to shrivel back into the buds you are getting there. Doesn't look like yours have yet.
Yellow leaves come when you flush your plant which is a good idea. As the plant uses up the stores nutes in the fan leaves they turn yellow and start to fall off. If you haven't flushed at all I would start now. Just feed them plain PH'd water for like four days. After that you shouldn't have to ph anymore as most of the nutes will be gone. If you don't flush out those nutes you will get sparkler weed.
Plants look fantastic. They really got big in the last week. Gonna be some killer smoke.

Hi guys! Another week. We are now in day 64 past the flip. 9 full weeks, and now in the 10th week.
We are focusing on the fat one, can't wait for harvest time so we can get some space for the other two that are coming along slow, but taller than the fat one. So nice things ahead.
I've not seen any amber trichome and hard to tell the proportion of milky/transparent ones.
As I don't want any couch lock we will probably harvest once we see 10% amber or something like that.
The plant is still not losing many leaves. I've seen pictures of other plants close to harvest and they get a lot of yellow leaves, specially near the colas. Is this always the case?

Ok, check them out and let me know what you think, any tips or whatever for this next critical stage. No idea how much times is left, one week at least seems likely.

IMG_20170723_191710006.jpg
IMG_20170723_191741242.jpg
IMG_20170723_191815816.jpg
IMG_20170723_244527036_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170723_192205377_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170723_244357779_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170723_192257110_HDR.jpg
Looks great!
Nice big colas !

We've been not giving nutes for a week at least already. But I was Ph ing the water. I didn't know that it is no longer necessary once the nutes are out. I'll stop Phing the water I give to this plant.

I've actually not nuted the other ones in the last 4 days neither as they had some nute burn.

Yesterday my girlfriend saw a couple of amber trichomes!!! Still not a lot.
I'll post more pictures soon. This Saturday it will be 70 days from the flip...we should be close to harvest day =)

Hi guys! we are in day 72 A.F. (After Flip).
Buds are getting fatter, we could see a few amber trichomes...but very very few. I think maybe one more week until harvest. Check them out. This pictures are from yesterday (71 A.F.).

IMG_20170730_202618834_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170730_202412047_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170730_202553058.jpg
IMG_20170730_202720620_HDR.jpg

And there is one of the other thing ones that are going slow. They are now not growing anymore, they are starting to get fat, slowly. But it is taller so I think will have monster colas. Check this out:

IMG_20170730_202627483.jpg

Until the next update!

Back
Top Bottom