1st grow ever need LED light help

I saw a video for the Grow star led light of amazon, the numbers it gave was very impressive, plus cob lights for only 79.99. I was considering it for myself. But for like 40 bucks more you can get the Sp 150.

Beg to differ my friends... I pull 100-180g a plant (dry) with my blurples....
322D2D33-0785-48B9-A9CF-406201184D06.jpeg

My centers have more than just red/blue though.
53A757D8-0AA8-48B0-962B-3D8FC3DA2372.jpeg

My only complaint is you cant see deficiencies very well.

First pick has pink color with your added two dominant red spectrum lights on, Second pic blurpurple without your two dominant red spectrum on. Do you not run the the two centers through flower? Just curious why they are off. To add to what I said Blurpurple can grow buds all day and can do ok but not as good if they had more red which makes a pink tone. I have tested this over and over the blurpurple do not yield as much as the pinks. Just a little research on blue vrs red on bud growth will tell you that. My comment was not a attack saying your blurps wont grow shit it was explaining a difference between blurpurple, pink and white lights which I see many people have no clue there is three main types of colors.

First pick has pink color with your added two dominant red spectrum lights on, Second pic blurpurple without your two dominant red spectrum on. Do you not run the the two centers through flower? Just curious why they are off. To add to what I said Blurpurple can grow buds all day and can do ok but not as good if they had more red which makes a pink tone. I have tested this over and over the blurpurple do not yield as much as the pinks. Just a little research on blue vrs red on bud growth will tell you that. My comment was not a attack saying your blurps wont grow shit it was explaining a difference between blurpurple, pink and white lights which I see many people have no clue there is three main types of colors.
The ones with the lights off was a couple grows ago. They were off just for the pics.

I didn’t take offense at all, it’s just how the majority of folks on here shoot down blurples (blue and red). Especially to someone that just purchased their first lights. I’ve grown some monsters with them, so I just want the OP to confident that it’s not ALL about the light.

Mine has two switches. Veg (more blue, less red) and bloom (adds more red).
I completely understand the spectrum and what the different color waves do hence the smaller lights having the added colors. I honestly have never heard of the pink LED before though. I wasn’t on 420 when I bought these, but luckily I picked a decent set. Blue, Red, white, whiter, UV, and IR are all in the smaller. Red and blue only on the 4’.

I don’t use the 4’ers until bloom. They are specifically for bloom and wouldn’t really help in veg.

You've bought crap lights.
Have you seen anyone on these forums trying to grow with such lights?

Actually, a few people do have the Phlizons including myself. They are by no means “crap”. Sure they aren’t QB’s but they get the job done.
I’m pretty sure @BeanTownFan420 grows under them too. Don’t quote me on that though

Actually, a few people do have the Phlizons including myself. They are by no means “crap”. Sure they aren’t QB’s but they get the job done.
I’m pretty sure @BeanTownFan420 grows under them too. Don’t quote me on that though
I think he does too, but haven’t seen him in a bit. I came across a few when I searched. The main compliant I see is the heat it puts out.

haven’t seen him in a bit

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing his name. I don’t find it gets that much hotter then the 500w Budget Series 3. I mean I havent noticed any change really, but I should be able to get some real number over the next few days. Just about done building my second room.

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing his name. I don’t find it gets that much hotter then the 500w Budget Series 3. I mean I havent noticed any change really, but I should be able to get some real number over the next few days. Just about done building my second room.
I’m not digging the tent thing... I miss my old room. Lol! I like going in a sitting with them. :morenutes:
Can’t wait to build a new one. My ole lady says I need to give it a break for awhile after this run.
She wants to go see some family back in TX, and I don’t trust anyone to water them correctly when I’m gone. Lol.

Last seen Feb. 14 2020

You can grow just fine with Blurple lights.
The biggest difference is the newer diodes are just quite a bit more efficient, create less heat and should last longer.

These were grown under Blurple lights, look about as good as any grown under any other light.
Yield was pretty fair, average per plant for 3 1/2 years was 8.6oz.
Blurple grows just fine as long as you have enough watts.

Another viable option is to build your own lights from strips.
20170907_210112.jpg
20190710_143337.jpg

You can grow just fine with Blurple lights.
The biggest difference is the newer diodes are just quite a bit more efficient, create less heat and should last longer.

These were grown under Blurple lights, look about as good as any grown under any other light.
Yield was pretty fair, average per plant for 3 1/2 years was 8.6oz.
Blurple grows just fine as long as you have enough watts.

Another viable option is to build your own lights from strips.
20170907_210112.jpg
20190710_143337.jpg
Damn that’s sexy!

You are right man! I saw a video on this and that the same thing they said, Pink spectrum is better for flower. blurpurple is better for veg.

The ones with the lights off was a couple grows ago. They were off just for the pics.

I didn’t take offense at all, it’s just how the majority of folks on here shoot down blurples (blue and red). Especially to someone that just purchased their first lights. I’ve grown some monsters with them, so I just want the OP to confident that it’s not ALL about the light.

Mine has two switches. Veg (more blue, less red) and bloom (adds more red).
I completely understand the spectrum and what the different color waves do hence the smaller lights having the added colors. I honestly have never heard of the pink LED before though. I wasn’t on 420 when I bought these, but luckily I picked a decent set. Blue, Red, white, whiter, UV, and IR are all in the smaller. Red and blue only on the 4’.

I don’t use the 4’ers until bloom. They are specifically for bloom and wouldn’t really help in veg.
Watch this video, I don't care much about the light, but the info on the spectrum is pretty good.

I’m going to run the two MARS HYDRO TSL 2000W down the center and put the philzon lights on either side. My purple mazar auto fems sprouted yesterday...I’m pumped

Attachments

• E584EEA9-6F0C-4113-9DEE-6BBAC819512F.jpeg
    E584EEA9-6F0C-4113-9DEE-6BBAC819512F.jpeg
    743.4 KB · Views: 51
  • CD731E34-6BEA-41A1-929E-71BB3846FBCA.jpeg
    CD731E34-6BEA-41A1-929E-71BB3846FBCA.jpeg
    925.1 KB · Views: 46
I’m going to run the two MARS HYDRO TSL 2000W down the center and put the philzon lights on either side. My purple mazar auto fems sprouted yesterday...I’m pumped
The two in the pots are aloha haze hemp....the big sprout is wedding cake sprout I though I killed...she was like dried out ...put her back in the dome and she snapped back....the itty bitties are the purple mazar

Watch this video, I don't care much about the light, but the info on the spectrum is pretty good.
They look like the same diodes my small veg lights have. This video speaks mainly on IR, I didn’t hear anything about a pink or blurple led.
What he leaves out is why IR is so important with blurple LEDs. This is what I understand about the evolution of IR in LEDs.
Most optimal LST specs (75F) were taken using HPS.
What they found out was that with blue/red “blurple” lights, LST on the leafs was not optimal because the red/blue only wouldn’t heat the leafs enough. There are certain colors in the spectrum the heat up the leafs. UV, IR, white, soft white, will heat the leafs, but red, Blue, Green are not very efficient, if at all.
If your LST is not optimal, your plant is not running at peak performance obviously. With tradition red/blue “blurples”, people would have their ambient set at 75F but would see less than satisfactory yields.

They ran an LST test on multiple plants, with multiple lights. What they found with “blurples” was that you needed an ambient room temp of 84F in order to achieve optimal cannabis LST.
54FDA656-AA3A-4594-8C45-ABB4F6B8172A.jpeg

They found that white lights heated a bit better, then just went down a list of 10 different styles of lights. I posted it earlier last week, but Teddie took it down. We just had a huge discussion on this last week, or the week before.

This is why people say natural (full spectrum) lights are better because there are more “spare” light waves to assist with LST, and other metabolic process cannabis does.
When you have an “blurple” with upgraded technology like my two smaller lights, they are not the bs “blurples” people commonly associate crappy blurples to. You have to actually look at the specs. All “blurples” are not created equally.
Mine have triple chip LED with concave lensing, that also includes the other important wave lengths need for optimal cannabis grows.
A782BB48-4F9C-47A3-B181-B091ED0066D3.jpeg

Blurples that do not contain any other portions of the light spectrum, are your cheap blurples. Some of these natural color LEDs are junk. Some of the quantum boards you see are junk. It all boils down to the range of spectrum they cover. Again, the plants don’t use the entire ROYGBIV spectrum.
I consider lights that hone in on the specific beneficial light ranges efficient, and a quality product, regardless of the name or color that the human eye perceives it to be.
I urge people not to turn to YouTube videos that have vendors explaining why their product is more superior technology.
We are all guilty of running to YT for quick information, but I find research studies done by unbiased sources such as universities and tech companies to be a lot more helpful and precise with they’re data.

Apologies for the rant....
:ganjamon:

Attachments

• FFF237FF-235C-4729-8B1A-BE54DB1612CA.jpeg
    FFF237FF-235C-4729-8B1A-BE54DB1612CA.jpeg
    851.9 KB · Views: 45
I'm a HUGE FAN of QB lights

All I run now

Started with HPS and T5...then some blurple

Got the white light Samsung diods

Never looked back

@Budget LED is a sponsor here...look at their lights

I'm sure they will pop in soon for recommendations
So based of several members suggestions I purchased two Mars Hydro TSL2000. How should I place the lights? 96x48x80 Viparspectra tent. The TSL2000 down the center and the philzons on either side ?

Back
Top Bottom