1st grow ever turning into a nightmare!

cbdemon

hey guys, complete newb here. so please be easy and forgiving. i have recently started growing a free seed from a friend who guaranteed it to be a female. well im well into bloom now and it is seeds galore with pollen sacs. im not sure if it is due to my fault or just incorrect information. i will be as detailed as i can. i started the plant in late july. grew fast and amazingly healthy outdoors until about 8 inches tall. growing is "frowned upon" where im located so i decided to move the grow inside a garage. i went out and got myself a 2'x4' t5 high output 8 bulb fixture. the store i got it from recommended i move the plant to a shady spot for a week then move it indoors. while it was in shade, the 3rd day a squirrel knocked and killed half the plant. i then moved it inside that day and just vegged the hell out of it. got it looking pretty good for what i had to work with. well im now in week 3 or 4 of flower and its full of seeds. not sure if i stressed it or if it was like that from the start. i have since ordered a blueberry fem and an auto white widow fem from a trusted bank and they are on week 3 or 4 since planted. all of the growing i do is in soil, ph to 6.0-7.0. never under watered or over watered. used gh grow and bloom for the male until now. also it is flowering under a 600 watt mh bulb due to budget. the blue and widow are all phd and temps around 70s with rh topping out at 50 and bottoming out at 16. im working on getting a better and bigger humidifier but need to know if im doing something wrong first. my room is 2 4x4s. one veg and one flower. both get a lot of light leaks. not sure if that would affect veg. mh is 20 inches away from plant and t5 is around 5 or 6 inches away. any help, tips, criticism, upgrades, anything! will be so greatly appreciated!

You didn't do anything wrong. You got a male. It happens. ;)

Also--just a thought--if you could break up a giant block of text into paragraphs with some spacing, you'll make the post easier to read and probably get more responses. (Capital letters help readability too... ;))

OK. Thank you guys so much for replying!

Now, should i keep the male and hash? I have a "good buddy" who says we can make some good wax with it, but i'm a little skeptical on that. Any thoughts?

Side note, the Blueberry and White Widow seem to be thriving right now! Should i worry about getting a bigger humidifier? With winter knocking on the door it will only get drier.

As you have noticed i'm trying to make the post a little more easier to read, lol. I apologize for that.

Bin the male in less you want to keep pollen etc for breeding reasons and that may require a separate space other wise it will pollinate your other plants !

Sensimilla is with out seed & good bud to enjoy.

Doe's any one know what busted balls look like on a male plant just in case accidental pollination has happen.. got a pic, mate ?

> should i keep the male and hash? I have a "good buddy" who says we can make some good wax with it, but i'm a little skeptical on that. Any thoughts?

You are right to be skeptical. Like FuzzyDuck says, unless you want pollen for breeding, get rid of any males.

> Blueberry and White Widow seem to be thriving right now!
:thumb:

> Should i worry about getting a bigger humidifier? With winter knocking on the door it will only get drier.
What is your current humidity reading in your grow area? About 50% or so is good. (Lower is better when flowering.) A 13 x 9 baking dish full of water with your circulation fan blowing over it will help humidify (and cool) an enclosed grow space.

If you will answer the questions at the How to Ask for Grow Support topic that would help us to understand your situation better.
How to Ask for Grow Support

OK folks. Just started reading through some of the material Scientific provided me, and I want to apologize once again, because if i would have taken the time to follow the instructions, then i would have had my answers without bothering u guys.

13x9 baking pan is an ingenious idea! I'm going to get that setup right now!

I will try to pictures up as soon as i can but, i still use a flip phone and dont own a camera... And sadly im only 23 years old.
My next post will be all the information that is requested as per the "How to Ask for Grow Support" guide.

Cant thank you guys enough already! Very much appreciated!!

3 posts later & this is just the beginning on an epic journey.... not that any one would know i replied after 3rd post depending on some stuff if ya not to medicated to work it out :Namaste:

Hey guys, just wanted to give everyone the info that is required from the get-go.

SOIL GROW

Strain - Blueberry Fem and White Widow Auto Fem

# of Plants - 1 of Each

Grow Type - Soil

Grow Stage - Week 2 from seed

Bucket Size - Solo Cups - (5 Gallon Final)

Lights - 1 T5 4' 8 bulb

Nutrients - General Hydroponics

Medium - Bag of Garden Safe Organic

PPM - N/A

PH - 6.0-7.0

RH - 16% to %50

Room Temperature - 70 to 90

Room Square Footage - 4'x4'

Pests - None Known

I want to start this grow off new from here and would like to forget the whole male incident.

Will upload pics as soon as i can get my hands on a camera.

All information is current.

Stuff looks just fine buddy.

RH seems, Mmmm well ya know mate you don't need a dehumidifier for that... at best you may need a humidifier whilst lights are on & timer switch for it at best ?

Perhaps you may wish to explain when you get high and low readings with RH during your grow this could be a lights on vs lights off issue or perhaps ventilation to how you have it set up.

Just working it all out & a little chin wag don't hurt about stuff :thumb:

Lol. I have been running a humidifier which makes no difference. its a pretty small one. Although i have since been able to keep my humidity above 32%.

Full ventilation as my veg room is a 3 wall setup with black visqueen as the 4th wall. Which is now fully open to allow for the increase in humidity i discovered.

I am running a timer (18-6) with a 600 Watt MH for the White Widow about 30 inches above the plant. No timer on the T5 as i am trying the 24 hour period for the Blueberry as this will just be a mother plant. Also this setup for the White Widow is in a seperate room (Flower) which is the same 3 wall setup with black visqueen for the 4th wall, although the black visqueen is completley closed.

Sidenote, since the Widow is an auto, should i throw a HPS in there instead of that MH?

Still working on the camera too!! Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom