1st Grow Ever

Knemila

I'm not entirely sure what kind of weed the seeds came from. Though, i know they're decent because, 1: i got them from my buddies homegrown, 2: all of them were nice and solid and a good medium/dark brown with stripes.

Anyway, i read some germination techniques on here and decided to go with the cup full of Slightly warmer than room temperature water, in an insulated coffee travel cup to hold in warmth and keep light out.

I'm currently doing my homework on what to do and when to do it, so please bare with me through this 1st one.

What size pot should i plant the seedling in?

Re: 1st Grow ever.

I would use a gallon pot. But, a standard party cup will work too.

When I germinate my beans, I just stick them into rapid rooters. I push them down into the rooters about a 1/4 inch. Then cover them with a humidity dome till they pop. Then I take off the dome and transplant them (rapid rooter and all) into dirt. But, there are many ways to do it. I suggest you try several different styles of sprouting your seeds. Then, when you find one that works really well for you, go with it. I suggest you do the same thing with clones. Try several different methods and stick with the one that works for you and your setup.

I've been reading through the FAQ's and gathering information. The info doesn't or won't soak in until i apply it in the growing process.

Is an old milk gallon okay to use? i don't have any party cups.

Also there are some old pots out in the shed from flowers last year, is that soil still okay to use?

Old milk gallon should be perfect. Make sure you have enough holes to drain the water from watering the plants. I wouldn't use the old soil. Have you begin germinating? You'll have 24+ hours to get new soil. I am currently using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil w/ 30% perlite mixed in to help with drainage and oxygen follow by roots being to grow easier throughout the soil. No need for nutrients for atleast 2-3 weeks with FFOF as they come with nutrients in their mixture.

Set up in my closet with the 600watt lighting set to 50% estimated at 375Watt I believe. Just for now until I clean out my messy room to set it up to 75-100%

photo1-5.jpg

Here's G13 Labs OG13, starting it's 2nd set of leaves. :circle-of-love:
photo3-3.jpg

And then here are the two HSO OG K, Notice this one has a bit of curling on the fan leaves. Been like this since the seedling shell came off of it.
photo4-4.jpg

Here's the other one HSO OG K We'll call her #2
photo5-3.jpg

I woke up today and checked on my seeds, they took a bit longer to germinate than i had anticipated. i would post pictures but it seems my camera is misplaced, looks like i need to go get a new one.

I started three seeds. one was accidentally discovered while smoking a bowl so i wasnt counting on that one sprouting. the other two look healthy to me, the had started to eject lil baby arms, OH SO CUTE!

I moved them into half plastic water bottles filled up with miracle gro (only thing i could afford) my buddy is working on getting me some nutrients and better soil for transplants, right now im keeping a heating pad under the bowl i have the cups sitting in. i placed both good seedlings, seed side up maybe an inch under some soil. Also using a desk lamp with a 200 watt bulb for warmth as well.

Thanks for the tips everyone, and i'll try to get some pictures up after i have something to shoot. :D :D

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom