1st Grow GC - DWC - LED - Indoor 2017

Gauge Steel

Recently moved from a state that has a population of reasonable intelligent adults concerning Cannabis to a State that is not so much. My mission was clear, provide myself with safe quality herb.

Bought two books from well known authors and read them both from front to back and appreciated the history and genetic information within, however there were a lot of reading between the lines the authors seemed to think I would just understand out basic knowledge. I did not.

I started doing internet searching and found :420: Many of the grow journals were extremely informative as i watched new growers succeed and struggle and the support and encouragement from members ended up being the best resource i found. In an effort to continue paying it forward, here is my Journal.

Germinated as per Our Sponsors Crop King's instructions except: after soaking in distilled water i planted directly into plant starter plugs that are derived from peat moss about a 6mm deep or 1/4 inch. Tore off a little of the plug material and placed it over the hole. Placed the plugs into my net pots. I placed Hydroton into the gaps between the plugs and the pots. Filled Solo cups 1/4 the way with Hydroton and then water till the Hydroton just begin to floats. Plopped the net pots into the solo cups and placed them on top of a heating pad on low in a dark environment. I stuck an instant read food grade thermometer into the center cup and used the low setting at first and then adjusted to get the temp around75-80. I had 5 out of 5 seeds pop within 48 hours.

After 72 hours i took my net post out and placed them in my DWC hydro system into a 1/8 strength solution of RX Green Grow. Keeping my water level just below my net pots has made my roots stretch into the solution and after just 5 days i have my first true leaves.

Pics Soon

Note: Already pre washed all equipment with Hydro Peroxide.

IMG_20170201_082142081.jpg
IMG_20170201_082135865.jpg
IMG_20170201_081912640.jpg
IMG_20170201_081757384.jpg
IMG_20170201_081726756.jpg
IMG_20170201_081553290.jpg

Looking good man, im subbed in :thumb:

Im looking at doing a DWC for my next grow so it will be interesting to see how it all works. Is this your first DWC ?

Which strain are you using ?

Been a way for awhile. Going full nutes starting this third week. Been doing so much reading and have heard so many opinions i have started to get this desire to "fiddle" with my girls. Test the "ph", lower than raise the the light just to turn around to lower it again. I am sure this is something few of you all have dealt with. Ordered a EC / PPM meter and look forward to learning about that. My leggy girls have turned into "fat bottom" girls and have started to spread. Height has slowed but all the node activity near the top makes me think this is where the plant is gonna branch from and i am gonna have some amazing plants. Took out one of the four original plants today. :35 It was a runt and the fan leafs never got near the size of its sisters. Competing for resources is a biatch!. My seeds are feminized. The thought crossed my mind as i ground her up in the disposal she was the one female.
IMG_20170214_153834019.jpg
IMG_20170214_153812174.jpg

Quick update. My girls are up around 13 CM now and doing well. The Skunk side of Green Crack comes out early so don't kid yourself about stealth growing and a cheap filtration system with this strain. Tomorrow will be the end of the 3rd week and i figure at this rate she will be ready for flower the end of next week. Got an EC/PPM meter and that just makes things easier and a lot more fun. Watching my girls eat and drink digitally is a nerdy science pleasure i never knew i needed. My PH meter also arrived and last night after i calibrated, i checked my water and then used General Hydro PH drops and those drops were spot on. If you do not have a bunch of $$$$ but want to test, the GH drops are a good way to go. My roots are filling the entire 3 gallon basin and are a lovely white color. The PH (6.4) has been stable for 3 days and there is no slime or funk at all which is a first for the end of its 7 day cycle. Of course all of this makes me nervous and i am waiting for something catastrophic to happen. I am going to change solution tonight and give the roots an air bath, will post pics tonight.

Guage

Mars 45 reflector. Glad you are here

Sent from my XT1585 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I wanna try a fit a Mars into this box, might get one before flower.

Height above the plants is my crutch though, I am limited. Well so are you, so I'm interested to see how low you can run it.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My box is 68 ". That light can be 4" without burning, I don't know about light stress. LED has a pretty quick reaction to plant growth in Veg for me so far. Fun to make nodes than stretch them. Than lower the lights slow them down and bush them out. Starting to stretch again.

I wanna try a fit a Mars into this box, might get one before flower.

Height above the plants is my crutch though, I am limited. Well so are you, so I'm interested to see how low you can run it.

Using Mars II 400w my buds are now touching the light, Not caused any probs yet with roughly 2/3 weeks to go. So you should be fine.

Using Mars II 400w my buds are now touching the light, Not caused any probs yet with roughly 2/3 weeks to go. So you should be fine.

Good to know, from my looking around I haven't gotten a definitive answer if it does light burn very close, thanks. I'll defiantly be getting one to put more watts into this box.

My box is 68 ". That light can be 4" without burning, I don't know about light stress. LED has a pretty quick reaction to plant growth in Veg for me so far. Fun to make nodes than stretch them. Than lower the lights slow them down and bush them out. Starting to stretch again.

Mines 4' so 48" tall. 4" down wow! Ok that helps, most info I have been seeing keeps saying 12-18" but it never made complete sense. Might depend on focal angle etc. but I like what I'm hearing!

Back
Top Bottom