1st Grow in 30 yrs 12/12 HPS from Seed

Looking nice old_skool. All you 12/12 from seed guys almost have me wanting to give it a try. Keep up the good work !
peace:theband:

Brother that is one fine looking grow.:clap: It makes my mouth water at how sweet they will taste when done.:drool:

Hi Brother,
For the UNK strain I happened to get some more of it :bongrip: and now I remember why I saved the seeds from it :trance: It has a dank spicy taste to it! I remember thinking I can make this taste better when I had it the last time. I might try molasses to up the taste a little, but the most importantly I am going to give them all the grow time they want, when the amber trichs cover 40 to 50% thats when I will chop them down.

Sorry to hear the last hold out was a male.:yikes:

That's what I get for vegging those one's in the peat pots from now on right into 3 gallon pots under 12/12.

I'm a few weeks behind ya and smiling that mine may look like yours.:cheesygrinsmiley: I got lucky and had 7 out of 12 go female on me.:grinjoint: I just hope to look as good as yours in a few more weeks. Your work has paid off.:phew:

Thanks for your kind comments :smokin:
Brother yours will look just like mine, as a matter of fact, they already do!! when I look at this image I remember seeing my plants at this stage :eyebrowsmile: deja vu

P4110005.JPG

Looking nice old_skool. All you 12/12 from seed guys almost have me wanting to give it a try. Keep up the good work !
peace:theband:

Hi Runamok :byebye:

Thank you for your kind words :blushsmile:

I am trying to find out the pros and cons on no veg time now! So far my conclusions are the same as Atmosphere's post 6 on this page https://www.nomercy.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=241&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= Atmosphere said: "This proves you don't need a veg. period. Plants over 40 inches tall are not suited for indoor growing because the light will never penetrate that far." I have read this conclusion elsewhere as well. It seems that this type of grow I.E. 12/12 from seed is quite popular in European countries where they are trying to cut the cost of using electrical energy just like we would.

Of course, I am willing to be convinced otherwise if the facts prove that vegging for 1 -4 weeks then under 12/12 for flower produces more end product for the cost involved of running two light systems.

You will almost defeinately get a better yield from a well grown veg'd plant. That said, if your space and lighting is limited, and you are allowed to grow 25 plants at a time, instead of 4-5 big plants, you can have 10-20 2-3ft main colas. Besides the fact that the best bud comes from that cola (the higher on the plant the higher the THC concentration) so you don't have any popcorn buds acting as weight when it really just fluffy crap :) I like being able to toss seedlings into the flower room at any time and setup the rotations. You can harvest every month if you want, it's one of the benefits.

Cool, I will find the paper. It is in our fact's somewhere. Northern California is the only place i know that is allowed 25 plants in any stage. They are trying to drop it to 6 as we speak.

Boss: post up some information on why the top part of the cola has the higher thc content. Im real interested in what you have to say about this subject and what you know about it. So, please share.

Yes please I would think it would be an outstanding read. Thank goodness that I scaled down my grow to 6 plants :cheesygrinsmiley: I will have to keep the count lower next time. That might intrigue me to doing a scrog grow! What do you think Joe ;)

Update:

Found the strain of the UNK plants I am growing

Strain name: Maroc Skunk
Description: Haze like plant, original Maroc flavor with the strong smell of skunk. The plant is unusually resinous and tastes very hash like when smoked.

Sativa/Indica 85%/15%

High
Very crisp and sharp high, with a bit of a "funny people smile" etched on your face. I really love this type of weed. Your body doesn't feel stoned till your mind remembers that you smoked! In the meantime, all kinds of wonderful funny and enlightening things occur.

Flowering time
8-9 weeks

Height: Indoor/Outdoor 100cm/210cm
Yield: Indoor/Outdoor 110gr/460gr

The only diffrence is that the previous grower let it get a light musty (dank) flavor to it. You can taste it sometimes YUCK!!

So, I plain on doing it right the first time to bring out the full flavor!!

After today the UNK's will be called MK

Pic update:

UNK 04 is still the wild woman with cola production all over the place, I counted 16 cola's off of her

UNK_04.jpg

All the buds you see are UNK 04's side cola's

UNK_04_side_buds.jpg

Random shots:

sidebud2.jpg

side_shot1.jpg

sideshot3.jpg

sideshot4.jpg

I wanted to turn the light off and see then without the 400W HPS, I was surprised with all the colors I saw:

Lights_out1.jpg

Lights_out2.jpg

Ol' Skool, you have the touch! Your ladies are absolutely beautiful. The way you describe the high sounds delightful. Reps+

Coming along so well man, great job!

Ol' Skool, you have the touch! Your ladies are absolutely beautiful. The way you describe the high sounds delightful. Reps+

Boss, Herb Fellow,
Gentlemen, thank you for your kind comments! Coming from knowledgeable tenured mentors like yourselves I am humbled :bigblush:

Herb Fellow thank you for the Reps+ :winkyface:

Hell yeah man, those are looking absolutely awesome! Beautiful colors, what day of flowering are you around, looks like late 30's early 40's.

Hi Berry,
The pictures are from day 60 12/12 right from seed with a 400W HPS.

Great work, love the colors without the hps! They look very healthy and putting on some weight too!

Thanks bro, I have to agree that she looks tasty already :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom