1st Grow in 30 yrs 12/12 HPS from Seed

old_skool

I have been lurking for quite some time and watching Boss's 12/12 Day 60 > and https://www.420magazine.com/communi...range-bud-bubblegum-grow-mystery-seeds.71236/ Billy Blica's grow I decided to try the 12/12 from seed grow and went to https://www.nomercy.nl/forum to study SpeesCees grow experiences I saw a post there that was very interesting, the site admin Atmosphere is doing a grow that was taught to him by SpeesCees.

Of course there are going to be variations but here we go:

Grow Journal

02/17/08

Started with:
Section of room down in the basement, divided it into 41” L, X 27” W X 61” H, and covered the area with 4 mil Black & White Poly

Soil and container:
One18 gallon Tupperware like container, about 26” L, 20” W and 1.5’ H
One bag of FFOF soil, one bag of Schultz perlit 8 qt and one bag of Schultz Peat Moss 8 qt, mixed very well.
Watered soil marked and placed 9 seeds spaced apart. NO GERMINATION!!
Covered soil with clear plastic and placed under 400w HPS 12/12 lighting

02/18/08

Concerned about the seeds planted right into the dirt, I decided to germinate some seeds as well the old fashion way, in a small container with a lid, paper towels and water placed on a warm area.

02/19/08

Heat, heat and more heat, woke up this morning and waited till the light turned on and checked the soil and room temp, soil temp 100° F, room temp 86° F. Turned up the box fan to high and turned off the heater and removed the plastic that covered soil, this brought the temp down soil temp 78° F, room temp 76° F. :thedoubletake:
Went out and bought A/C flexible duct work, 2 small 6” clip fans (plan on using them for the light) and a small 3 speed osculating mini tower fan for the babies when they need wind on them.

02/20/08

WE GOT SPERMIES!!! (sorry Boss, but when I read that in a thread you commented on I howled :rofl: Opened the container this morning and had at least a ½ dozen crack open and long tails, (others are open but the tap root is just barely out) took 6 peat pots and filled them with FFOF soil, buried them watered the soil and down under the 400w HPS for the 12/12 treatment.

Till next time,
Oh, BTW this is my first post to the forum.

Old Skool

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I have been thinking of doing the same type of grow. My cabinet is almost complete. Should have it done in a few more weeks. I read the information at No Mercy Supply a few months ago. Sounded like something I wanted to try. I will be following your grow with interest. Good Luck.

I'm impatient, so I've been growing the lowryder. Maybe next fall, I'll try something else with the 12/12 method. I try to stagger my lowryder so I am getting the proper flow to meet my medical needs. ;)

I'm impatient, so I've been growing the lowryder. Maybe next fall, I'll try something else with the 12/12 method. I try to stagger my lowryder so I am getting the proper flow to meet my medical needs. ;)

Hi Baremeat; Herb Fellow,

Thank you for your kind words, :blushsmile: Herb Fellow nice grow :clap: I hope to do as good :smokin:

Very cool :) I like to see these 12/12's and it sounds like this will be awesome :)

Lots of room!

+Rep for luck!

Wow, Both Boss and Billy Blica stopping by my humble post, :joint: Thank you both for the rep.

+rep and good luck!
everything sounds good, you are growing six babies no? bagseed or something from no mercy?

why did you stop for 30 years if you don't mind sharing? :)

you are growing six babies no?

Billy, I started with 9 in the 18 gallon container, 6 sprouted from the old fashion way germinating seeds with paper towels, planted in peat pots and filled them with FFOF soil, just in case some don't make it I've got replacements.

Small update as well, another spermie today planted in a peat pot, watered and down in the room she went.

bagseed or something from no mercy?

These are bagseed but good stuff, Skunk and unknown, but both are up there in quality :smokin:

If the grow makes any kind of reasonable success then I will "PAY" for some good seed and give it a go!

why did you stop for 30 years if you don't mind sharing? :)

Just stopped growing not :smokin:, Life is the answer, wife, kids, work, etc.... I remember how successful I was back in the day growing, came across this great forum and started reminiscing :scratchinghead: "thoughts are things". Now that all the kids are grown I figured I would give it another go.

Thanks for stopping by, :blushsmile:

Old Skool

Life can throw a kink in your growing plans. Now that the kids are grown, it's time to play!

UPDATE:
3 in the 18 gallon container popped their heads out this morning, on the 5th day of germination. I've also got 3 that popped their heads out in the peat pots 2 days after being under the 400w HSP. Also 3 more germinated from the paper towel method today planted in a peat pots, watered and down in the room they went. :straightface:

02/23/08
Total of 18 seedlings are above ground as of today, interesting note with the seed-to-soil VS paper towel/container germination, 6 days for seedlings in soil to rise ¼"to ½" from soil bed, with germinating from the paper towel method 1-2 days for seedlings (spermie's) in soil to basically the same height about ¼"to ½" on average.

02/24/08
Plants on average doubled or tripled growth this morning, average height is about 1"to 1½" in the18 gallon container, the seedlings in the peat pots about ½ that. Do or die!! Since Atmosphere's grow did not tell how long he kept the tent on the seedlings I called it, after babying with a tent and spraying them with water 2—3 times a day off comes the tent. Soil moister meter reading of a 1-10 scale getting a 8-9, now that I am giving them full light (Note: without a tent I am going to have to watch the water level). Checked about an hour later and had to turn up the box fan to medium to bring temps back to 77-78° from 83-84° Fahrenheit. Some of the peat pot seedlings didn't make it, total of 11 went down, 7 are left the other 4 never broke soil.

02/25/08
Nobody died!!
Checked them this morning, all are alive, not damage that I can see, as a matter of fact they like it. Plants on average stabilized growth this morning; average height is about a 1½"to 2" all plants on average grew another ½" in the18 gallon container. Soil moister meter reading still at 8-9, 24 hours into full 12/12 light (no tent) in the container, (Note to self: you read a million times about too much water, no more water until the moister meter says so). The peat pot plants were bone dry, no reading on the moister meter so I watered them.

Picture of the grow area:

Picture_00110.jpg

Pictures of the babies:

Image3.jpg

Image22.jpg

Image12.jpg

Image4.jpg

Random shots of seedlings 4 days since breaking ground, average height of 2 to 3", I noticed that since yesterday they have been working on their leaves by broadening and stretching and working on their 3rd set already ;)

Back
Top Bottom