1st Grow In Coco: 70% With 30% Perlite

Set-up

Growing medium: - 70% cocoa 30% perlite with 2 gallon smart pots (which I guess are too small?)

Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro and Calmag
Giving half strength right now. Not sure when I'm supposed to up the strength?

Water: well water (ph from my well is consistently 7.8) So far my babies look healthy.
They were a little slow getting started, little plant in the big pot mistake (I won't do that next time).

Strains: Green Crack / Amnesia / Northern Light / Big Bud all autoflower seeds from Spain.

Room: Spare bedroom stays about 72 degrees with 45% humidity. Controlling pretty well opening and closing a/c vent
and running ceiling fans when needed.

Tent 2.5'x2.5' iPower GLTENTXS3 (I'm getting a much better tent next week. These zippers suck)!

VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED (seems to be working ok, but I'm going to use this for veg & get a much better
light for the new tent that has more control).

These plants sprouted from seed on May 10th. Went directly into 2 gal smart pots.

Green Crack is the runt. Had that seed helmet which made it stretch, looking for the light. Northern Lights is the big girl followed by Big Bud.
I guess they'll be bushy indicas.

I like daytime sativas and nighttime indicas. The wife wants only indicas. So, I'm going to try and grow some of each every grow.

Patience is what I need to learn, because there's not much to do yet except water and exhaling co2 onto them.

NL WEEK 1.JPG

BB WEEK 1.JPG

GC WEEK 1.JPG

AMNESIA WEEK 1.JPG

NL WEEK 2.JPG

BB WEEK 2.JPG

AM WEEK 2.JPG

GC WEEK 2.JPG

I would Roll the sides of those pots down. Everything looks good. When plants are still young I let the pots dry out some before watering. Once they have established a good root system go to every day.
That makes sense. Thanks!

Dont let those pots dry out to much it is coco after all not soil. :thumb: and :welcome: to the party.
I've been watering every couple of days and they never seem too dried out at that point always still a little moist. Watered this morning just til I got run off from all 4. Only took about 3 cups in each pot.

Result. Just unless i have some sort of an issue or trying to make roots grow in one direaction
I always keep it moist never letting it dry out due to it being coco.But thats me what works for you my
friend if its not broken etc :)

Result. Just unless i have some sort of an issue or trying to make roots grow in one direaction
I always keep it moist never letting it dry out due to it being coco.But thats me what works for you my
friend if its not broken etc :)
I don't have any idea what works for me yet. I was just afraid I was over watering early on because they seemed to my uneducated eye to be growing so slowly... But, I will start watering daily. I love to interact with them!

I don't have any idea what works for me yet. I was just afraid I was over watering early on because they seemed to my uneducated eye to be growing so slowly... But, I will start watering daily. I love to interact
Watch your plants and listen to them, if they start drooping all day stop watering. Too much water on a young plant can bring on root rot.

fill up them pots. you can probably look at something bigger as well for a pot.

in veg coco needs fed daily to about 10% runoff. early on you might get away with every second day. that changes fast. up to multiple times per day in flower. it's a commitment.
ph to 5.8

in coco you can run a smaller plant in a smaller pot without too many issues. they just flower a bit earlier and will achieve less yield. feedings occur faster and more often as well.

autos have a tendency to trigger flower when the roots hit the sides, it's a bit more pronounced in a hard sided bucket than a fabric, but will happen with both.

autos over all are a tough choice for a first grow. they are finicky, picky feeders, have their own timetable, and can flower premature under induced stress that photos will laugh at and keep going.

you're on the track. so far so good. keep at it.

I'll be watching them like a hawk. Thanks and please keep watching....
I’ll turn my watch back on brother, that shit annoys me. Nobody grows the same, but all different ways work. This is just one flower room. All 70/30 hydroton/coco
06D98840-A469-4E13-96B8-6748F930C2E0.jpeg
D4C80661-4E9E-4C27-99CE-F2D7384BA6BA.jpeg
A797BDC3-BB63-4B74-8FF3-13B4E8170412.jpeg

Your room looks great , as you said every man does his thing a llittle way different.Smoke some and mellow
my friend i can only comment on myself and i did not comment to offend anyone.But seems like u catched a feeling.
Sorry how about that.

I’ll turn my watch back on brother, that shit annoys me. Nobody grows the same, but all different ways work. This is just one flower room. All 70/30 hydroton/coco
06D98840-A469-4E13-96B8-6748F930C2E0.jpeg
D4C80661-4E9E-4C27-99CE-F2D7384BA6BA.jpeg
A797BDC3-BB63-4B74-8FF3-13B4E8170412.jpeg
Okay, I'm drooling...

Back
Top Bottom