1st Grow In Soil

Just spent $5xx today on a Ecilent 6'' 308 fan, Phresh Carbon filter, and a lot of other accessories. Fed the ladies nutrients prior from flush and they have increased growth tremendously over the past few days. Also germinated a lot of new seeds. Also trimmed the RP Headband and topped the other ladies for new growth. Surprised at how thick the stem is on the RP Headband for being one of the youngest ladies out of the bigger ladies. Have high hopes of her. Hopefully we'll get some new branches to come out. I didn't LST her, but I will with the new growth. Also decided to have 1 entire room dedicated to the veggie room.

Tahoe OG, Skywalker OG, 818 Headband, 707 Headband, RP Headband, Kosher Kush

54104.jpg

Will be picking up Myler sheets to wrap all the walls and white clear painter cover sheets for the floor after vacuuming and deep clean the carpet. Will be picking up two window vent kit to have the vent's set up for the entire room. Been very busy this past month with working overtime. Payday was a few days ago.

So here's a list of what I had purchase.
4x JDL 600watt
3x JDL 6'' 400CFM Fan
3x Carbon scrubbers
4x 25x6 metal ducts, Y splitter, clamps, tape
30x 1gal & 2gal smart pots
Pipe cleaners
Drill and drill bits
30x Saucers
Eva-Dry Dehumidifier

Waiting on BPN to be back in stock with their organic nutrient kit so I can pick up another batch.
As you can see, I bought more than plenty stuff needed. I like to buy everything and have extras that way I won't need to make more stops to stores.

Also, trying to research a bit more to pick up supplies for the electrical work. :thumb:

New goals were made and plans were changed. Hopefully I will have everything all ready set up within two weeks when I have a normal work schedule again. Will take a lot of pictures for you guys. May split the room into two as well.

Holyyyyyy smokes!!
You really went shopping didn't you!
That's a pretty heavy hitting package you got there.
Can't wait to see it all set up.
Good on ya for working full time and, handling your biz with the grow as well.
:high-five:

Little update. Set up a second light. Electrical work will be done soon to set up the other two lights. So far two lights up and running.

Tahoe OG all germinated and sprouted. Fire Alien Romulan, Jack Skelington, Jack Herrer. Not sure if you can in the pictures. Was in a rush due to limited free time at the moment. Going back and fourth to the new location. Well here's what it is. New pictures up tomorrow night. Also, you can tell that the babies have recovered from the topping and trimming and looking absolutely happy. :thumb:

55104.jpg

Little bit more organized. Don't worry, the 3rd and 4th light will be set up soon to cover the entire room. It's just a quick organizing. Due to this cold weather at the moment, I need to keep the inline fans off to keep temperatures around 70-80 Degrees with both lights on.

56101.jpg

WOW!
I wish I had that much room/power/gear to work with!!
Damn!

Going to be running 4 lights!
awesome!
I did get your PM,
but I've just been so busy lately. I haven't had time to take pictures for you of the CO2 setup.
But I will in the next day or so.
What exactly did you want to do with CO2?
bottle/regulator/timers?
or fermentation DIY generators?

Bottle, regulator, and timer. How you set up your set up as well.
Searched as much as I could to see other people's set up but haven't found much info. Reasoning for why I'm still up this
Late after a 12 hour shift and tomorrow I have another shift. ;(

Wednesday I plan on picking up some more stuff for the room and hopefully be fully operating! ;)

Ok,

Well it sounds like you're not going to be using tents anymore. I read that you were going to be getting mylar, I'm guessing for floors and walls.
Then my setup is going to be completely different from yours.
You're going to have to try and seal the room.
And one thing, I hate to say it after you spending so much money, is you're going to need a CO2 controller along with a regulator, and bottle. For that room? I'd get a 50 LB bottle so you only have to re-fill about once a month.
You see with my setup I'm only running in a 5x5 tent, that is pretty much sealed. So my need for CO2 is a lot less than you're going to need to get the same effect.

The reason why I say to look into getting a controller, is the newer ones take all the guess work out of the administering and fans. They use a technology called static timing, where they sense what the PPM of the room is at and cycle the exhaust and intake fans to keep the room, #1 at a consistent CO2 PPM and, #2 keep the room at optimal temperatures so the plants can use it. That way you don't have to screw around with timers and what not. Plus if you don't get a controller, you're still going to have to buy a CO2 meter to gauge what PPM's your room is at, to set it up properly and above all SAFELY!
CO2 is a very dangerous gas, and can kill you and everyone in the house while you sleep. All it takes is a timer to fail in mid dispersal to fill the whole house.. and then? well, let's just say you wont wake up to see your beautiful plants ever again. And you could kill all your pets and everyone else in the house. So when you are thinking about running CO2 think very carefully about it, and do not cheap out on gear, as it could save your life.

I think you said you're using painters drop sheets for the floor?? I think that's a really bad idea myself. You're going to need to put thick mylar down and seal it all up. You don't want moisture getting through to that carpet and causing mold, then you're whole rooms screwed. Also you mentioned you were going to steam clean the carpets first? Make sure those carpets are BONE dry before putting mylar down, or you'll trap moisture in, and you guessed it, mold will grow under there and infect your crops down the road.[/LEFT]
Better to almost skip the steam cleaning, and cover it the best you can with plastic, sealing it to the outer walls.
And then just steam clean at the end when you move out.

I can help you to set up your CO2 room, but I can't just take pictures of mine, and tell you how to set it up in yours. Every room is different.
Do some research into sealed rooms. As it really could be beneficial to you with it being so cold where you are. Also look around for a good controller that cycles with fans.

Personally, I think you should run one, maybe 2 rounds BEFORE even introducing CO2..
Seriously, take my advice, you really need to learn the basics before you start messing around with things like CO2. get your rooms dialed in first.
Besides, getting the benefits of CO2 will be all for nothing unless your rooms are running perfectly.
And I mean PERFECTLY!
Daytime/nighttime Temps, RH, exhaust, intake.. there are so many variables to worry about before bringing CO2 into the equation. Maybe stick with a bunch of the CO2 generators for now?

That's all I can really give you at this point, until you make some decisions, and figure out how much money you really want to spend here.. Because it's not going to be cheap..
You're setting up a pretty pro level room so far, with 4 lights!!
I've never seen a new grower go that balls to the wall right out of the gate. So you need to understand what you're getting yourself into as well. A lot of work!!
Do you have a partner? Are you going to be doing all this by yourself?
Think about summer too, it's going to get damn hot in there with 4, 600's running, and it's right around the corner.

You're going to need a flip box, air conditioner, humidifiers/de-humidifiers, exhaust, filters, intakes, vent hose, window kits, CO2 controller, lots of nutes!, a veg tent, and stuff for that..
I know you've got a lot of that already, but the more I type the more I think you're moving too fast.
It's Tuesday now, and you said you're hoping to have everything up and running by tomorrow? And you're working full time!!?
Come on brother, let's be realistic here.
Do it right and take your time.
I don't want to seem like I'm nagging you at all. I just know what it takes to run a larger room like you're planning, and setting it up right is what takes the most time, and money.

A friend on here UrbanGrower, jumped right into the same kind of thing you're thinking about doing now. It damn near wrecked him, and he's still struggling to get everything running the way it should be, while the plants are growing. Don't get me wrong, he's a very smart, dedicated, and hard working guy and I've got nothing but mad respect for him as a friend and a grower. But he's trying as hard as he can to get everything done while still trying to balance everything else in life. And in no way am I saying, he barely made it and you won't. But there is only so much one can do in a day, life, love life, family, work, eat, grow, sleep.
People on here can help, but it all comes down to you.
There were times there where I just wanted to physically help him to get shit done, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Done right? Those rooms could produce a LOT of amazing meds. But if you rush right into this without planning it all out first, you could get overwhelmed.
Don't mean to preach, but you're gearing up for a major project here..
Hope you're ready!!

First, great job so far! You've done very well with the plants thus far, and even have lady luck on your side with the lottery thing - nice! :high-five:

Thought I'd sub to your journal, hope you don't mind another straggler. :)

I think Vick just gave you a TON of great advice. I can't find a thing in there that I would disagree with. You can still grow really nice plants with good size without co2. I don't use co2 at the moment, at all. Co2 is one of those things that you can do pretty cheaply and DIY-like in a small space like where you started, but for a large room it's quite involved. IMO, it's the last priority for you - if you want my honest opinion. Get everything else dialed in and clicking, go through a grow or two without it, then decide whether you still want to do it. Otherwise you're spending a BUNCH of money that you may not even see the benefit on until you have your growing skills and room dialed in better. Again, Vick said it all just perfectly, so I won't re-hash it to death. :)

If it seems like we're being pessimistic, it's just that we've been around the block a couple more times as it relates to growing, and we've see this type of "quick ramp-up" crash and burn with even the most dedicated, intelligent and organized individuals. Sometimes it's the plants and the grow that crashes, sometimes the finances, and sometimes the relationship to wife/girlfiend - often it's a combination of the 3. Vick gave you an example, but I could give another dozen more too. Just trying to save you a lot of $$ and headaches at this juncture! I wouldn't suggest this if you couldn't grow great plants without co2. Like I said, I don't use it and I do okay.

Best advice I can give you is to take it a bit slower until you get your skills down and room dialed in. Keep your plant numbers manageable for now. Then, have at the sealed-room co2 stuff, and controllers and yada yada... :goodluck:

:popcorn:

Holy shit Vick! Thanks for the info. I'm at work I didnt finish fully reading everything just skimming. I only meant to say to have the room fully set up with the basics. My apologizes for not being detailed. Co2 will take time to set up properly this reasoning why I pm'd you for your knowledge and GREATLY APPRECIATE it. I do have a partner, 4 partners which are ALL legal to to prop 215 caregiver scripts. Money isn't an issue. After I get on my break ill get into more reading thoroughly of your post. Big reps for that if I may give it again!

Co2, I plan on gathering the material and I promise I will not be going cheap.
I listen once and you had to remind me. I did the generator you told me about and have done that. I don't plan on rushing anything. Just want the myler sheets up and lights and electrical work. Co2 is my last task. Just a plan for future to gather the parts. Money isn't an issue at all especially this year I have been really lucky.

Tomorrow. I need a new keyboard. Is there a possible way to post pictures through the phone?

Yeah, not sure how exactly.
Seen lots of people do it on here.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom