1st Grow - Indoor Northern Lights Auto

GreenKitty

Hey there :) This is my first attempt at growing a plant, I've never planted anything in my life, but with lots of research (a lot of it here in the forum, thanks for all the amazing info you have) I have my little plant growing. She's 20 days old and I wanted to create a journal to share this amazing ride. Also to post some pictures and make sure everything is going okay.

[EDIT] This is mostly for fun, it's a hobby, just seeing this little girl grow and taking care of it is already enough for me, I've been fighting depression for about 6 years and I just need something to keep my mind of things. I know these are not optimal conditions, I'm trying to made due with what I have and what I can get. Don't be afraid to say I'm saying things wrong, because when I started this I accepted that most likely I would kill the plant before it even got to where it is now, so from now on for me is just awesome, if I can get like 5 grams off of this plant I'll be more than enough :) Also I chose Northern Lights Auto because it looked pretty in the pictures ^^

So let's start with what I'm growing and how. I bough a Northern Lights Automatic seed and Easy Start from RoyalQueenSeeds, I was delighted with their packaging, they seem to be really professional about everything:

52ac352ff8f04b6208b055f773f8b0c6.png

They sent the poster, a catalog, little paper things to stick on the earth to identify the plants if you have several, 3 little fliers and the seed itself and the Easy Start.

The easy start is really easy to use, I followed the instructions, kind of, I used only a part of the powder and only used one of the little things with earth or whatever, I'll try to use that next time, I don't think it'll work but I'll at least try. The Easy Start is however really great for people that want to sprout lots of seeds at the same time, for me it was really overkill because I only bought one. I think the Easy Start is great even for advanced growers but I might be wrong, maybe you guys can talk about it in the comments :)

Information about the seed (from RoyalQueenSeeds website):

Indica: 80% Ruderalis: 20%
Yield Indoor 500-550gr m2
Height Indoor 80 - 120 cm
Flowering time 5-7 weeks
THC 14%
CBD Low

[EDIT] About the veg phases and stuff, I don't really know :/ Isn't there a seedling phase? I'm completely new at this, but I have lots and lots of photos so you can see how the timeline is. I think it's been in veg for 2 and a half weeks if we take about half a week off because of the germination.

Now to the germination box. I used a cardboard box, white printing paper, put a hole in it, then put a light on that hole, I was using a 40 watts 6700k CFL:

becce62346781a61e202eb4b3d6e3d89.png
c8b8fb72002f839795c6d0730492b8a7.png
WP_0000512.jpg
WP_0000551.jpg

At day 3 she was like this:

WP_0000582.jpg

At day 5 (I think, lost track, but all from the first to the last of these, there was a timespan of less than 40 hours):

WP_0000621.jpg
WP_0000631.jpg
WP_0000641.jpg
WP_0000662.jpg

It was reaaaally amazing seeing the little baby get out of its seed, so exciting! :D

I did water it until now, I had a the plastic part of a syringe (no needle) and I used that. I put about 4 drops 2 times and the last time I turned it upside down with care to water it on the hole the little plastic thing had.

When it was time to transplant the germinated plant I noticed that I should have done it sooner. There was about 2cm of root on the side of the earth, totally exposed, so next time as soon as it starts growing up I'll transplant it, also now I know what side of the seed is up, that should also help with it growing faster.

Now I don't have many more pictures from then to when I put it on the soil, but I do have of the making of the enclosure I made:

WP_000068_Medium_.jpg
WP_000070_Medium_.jpg

The fan will be upside down on this top part, the wind doesn't go straight down, but at a 45 degree angle.

WP_0000761.jpg
WP_0000742.jpg

The enclosure has loooots of light leaks, but it's all used stuff I reused, except the two faced white/black plastic. I have no way to measure temperature/humidity/soil ph, nothing, and I'm not going to buy anything either, I cannot afford it :/ At least not in time for it to matter, next time I'll have all of those things and make a better space for the plant. But with that said, the temperature and humidity seem to be okay.

I also bought the biggest pot I could get at the store. The soil is Janeco Light Mix, it has fertilizer NPK of 12-14-24, I think it's an okay soil, it has no time releasing anything.

WP_000072_Medium_.jpg

At day 8:

WP_000084_Medium_.jpg

WP_000088_Medium_.jpg
WP_000091_Medium_.jpg

Because of the growth that I thought wasn't good enough, and I thought it was stretching, I decided to go and buy a 100 +/- watt CFL, I found a 110 Watt CFL bulb 6700k and put it there, also added a fan fixed on the top of the enclosure I made, this fan was a little old and couldn't rotate.

WP_000092_Medium_.jpg

This was also the day that I went to check for more info on transplanting the germinated plant and found out that I should have watered the soil so all of it was moist, so I carefully took out the plant, when I did I realized that there was little to no root grow, just two little horns, about 2mm had grown :/ So I watered the soil, I used my hands to mix it and make sure there weren't any dry patches of soil so there weren't any stunted root growth. After getting the new bulb and doing this the plant started to grow much better. In my mind it can be either that the plant needed to adapt to the new soil or it was really a light + soil issue.

Day 9-12 I don't really remember:

WP_000095_Medium_.jpg

At day 12 I watered it a little, about 1/4th of a liter, in a circle at about 7 cm from the stem of the plant.

WP_000097_Medium_.jpg

Here's day 14-15:

WP_000098_Medium_.jpg
WP_000102_Medium_.jpg
WP_000104_Medium_.jpg

Day 15 or so I saw the leafs curly a little bit, it can be seen in the pictures, I'm not sure if it's anything, but I did some research and I found that it could be heat stress, indeed the plant had been growing up and I didn't adjust the light, I adjusted it and the curling has since stopped, I'm not sure if it has really reversed.

These are from around this time:

WP_000107_Medium_.jpg
WP_000108_Medium_.jpg

At day 16 I got a new fan, the old was a 30w with 2 speeds, the new one has larger blades, 40w and 3 speeds. The blades of the old one and the new one are, the fan is all white.

At day 18 I realized that I needed to water the whole soil until the water poured from the bottom of the vase. So I did, I did not however put much water in the middle, to have more root growth. The plant shows no signs of either over or under watering to me.

Also around day 16 to 18 I had to kill a few bugs that were around the plant, I killed like 4 little green flying ones and one white one. I cleaned anything that could be any kind of egg, I examined the leafs with care and I haven't found any new bugs since.

Day 19:

WP_000113_Medium_.jpg
WP_000115_Medium_.jpg
WP_000118_Medium_.jpg
WP_000119_Medium_.jpg

I let my cat go and have a look, she's also there for scale

Day 20 (today):

WP_000125_Medium_.jpg
WP_000126_Medium_.jpg
WP_000124_Medium_.jpg

(You can see some curling on the most left leaf, that was from the supposed "heat stress" I thought she suffered.)

Dear god, in about 5 days it grew really fast! At least I think so... It's such a beautiful plant! I really love how it looks and I even smelled her today and when people say that it has a strong smell, they aren't kidding, but I actually like it!

[Edit] Almost forgot, I'm using 18-6 light cycle.

As you can tell by this journal, I did some mistakes along the way. I did a lot of research, but only when things happen do you go research a certain thing that you maybe didn't know you needed to research.

What do you think of the stem of the plant? Should I increase the fan or keep it like it is? Speed 1 of 3 (fan has 40w of power)

Should I get any food for the plant about now? And what NPK? I can get a NPK 21-16-19 is that a good one? I'm very limited in my selection of fertilizers where I live.

Next time I will definitely start a journal sooner!

Hey there :) This is my first attempt at growing a plant, I've never planted anything in my life, but with lots of research (a lot of it here in the forum, thanks for all the amazing info you have) I have my little plant growing. She's 20 days old and I wanted to create a journal to share this amazing ride. Also to post some pictures and make sure everything is going okay.

Now to the germination box. I used a cardboard box, white printing paper, put a hole in it, then put a light on that hole, I was using a 40 watts 6700k CFL:

I did water it until now, I had a the plastic part of a syringe (no needle) and I used that. I put about 4 drops 2 times and the last time I turned it upside down with care to water it on the hole the little plastic thing had.

I have no way to measure temperature/humidity/soil ph, nothing, and I'm not going to buy anything either, I cannot afford it :/ At least not in time for it to matter, next time I'll have all of those things and make a better space for the plant. But with that said, the temperature and humidity seem to be okay.

Because of the growth that I thought wasn't good enough, and I thought it was stretching, I decided to go and buy a 100 +/- watt CFL, I found a 110 Watt CFL bulb 6700k and put it there, also added a fan fixed on the top of the enclosure I made, this fan was a little old and couldn't rotate.

This was also the day that I went to check for more info on transplanting the germinated plant and found out that I should have watered the soil so all of it was moist, so I carefully took out the plant, when I did I realized that there was little to no root grow, just two little horns, about 2mm had grown :/ So I watered the soil, I used my hands to mix it and make sure there weren't any dry patches of soil so there weren't any stunted root growth. After getting the new bulb and doing this the plant started to grow much better. In my mind it can be either that the plant needed to adapt to the new soil or it was really a light + soil issue.

Day 15 or so I saw the leafs curly a little bit, it can be seen in the pictures, I'm not sure if it's anything, but I did some research and I found that it could be heat stress, indeed the plant had been growing up and I didn't adjust the light, I adjusted it and the curling has since stopped, I'm not sure if it has really reversed.

At day 18 I realized that I needed to water the whole soil until the water poured from the bottom of the vase. So I did, I did not however put much water in the middle, to have more root growth. The plant shows no signs of either over or under watering to me.

Also around day 16 to 18 I had to kill a few bugs that were around the plant, I killed like 4 little green flying ones and one white one. I cleaned anything that could be any kind of egg, I examined the leafs with care and I haven't found any new bugs since.

(You can see some curling on the most left leaf, that was from the supposed "heat stress" I thought she suffered.)

Dear god, in about 5 days it grew really fast! At least I think so... It's such a beautiful plant! I really love how it looks and I even smelled her today and when people say that it has a strong smell, they aren't kidding, but I actually like it!

What do you think of the stem of the plant? Should I increase the fan or keep it like it is? Speed 1 of 3 (fan has 40w of power)

Should I get any food for the plant about now? And what NPK? I can get a NPK 21-16-19 is that a good one? I'm very limited in my selection of fertilizers where I live.

First, welcome to :420:

Now to the grow, and you're probably not going to like what I have to say.. but here it goes.

I wouldn't suggest paper. You have the risk of fire, and mold if it gets wet.
CFL lights are discussed with actual wattage, not incandescent equivalent wattage. Incandescents cannot grow Cannabis, so this number isn't helpful for our purposes.

I would also suggest increasing the number of lights. I don't think 1 bulb will be adequate to support a plant all through Veg and Flower.
Watering. Do not over water. Wait until the soil starts getting dry, and starts pulling away from the edge of the pot.

No way to measure temp, humidity and PH is dangerous. Especially PH. If you run into a problem, with no way to measure PH, you won't know the cause, which means you won't know how to fix it, and this could be the death of your plant.

Thermometers and hygrometers are like $5. PH meter about the same for a basic meter.

Again, CFL wattage is actual watts, the equivalent number only helps people replace an incandescent with an energy saving bulb of a similar brightness.

Bulbs should be 2-4" or 5-10cm away from the plants.

Pulling your plants out constantly will damage roots. Don't dig around in the soil. Leave it alone. You'll kill your plant in a week doing this.

Stop watering the soil so much. Just give it time to grow on its own.

Curly leaves is probably overwatering.
If you had a thermometer, we could know immediately if it was heat stress. Cannabis requires specific conditions, and guessing will not be adequate.

Overwatering is likely the cause, not heat stress.

The smell will increase in flower. If you can't have someone find your grow, you will need a carbon filter also.

Fans are typically discussed in terms of CFM, not wattage. Stem will get thicker with time.

Keep your cat away from your plants, there's a chance it will eat them, or damage them.

No nutrients now. Not until 3-4 weeks usually. Do not use time release nutrients. I suggest a 2 part or 3 part nutrient system that will allow you to mix it.

Good luck on your grow.

EDIT: I'm not saying this to be mean, I made a lot of the same mistakes, and I'm only trying to help from experience.

First, welcome to :420:

Now to the grow, and you're probably not going to like what I have to say.. but here it goes.

I wouldn't suggest paper. You have the risk of fire, and mold if it gets wet.
CFL lights are discussed with actual wattage, not incandescent equivalent wattage. Incandescents cannot grow Cannabis, so this number isn't helpful for our purposes.

[...]

EDIT: I'm not saying this to be mean, I made a lot of the same mistakes, and I'm only trying to help from experience.

It's okay :) I came here and posted this to learn. It's all good! About PH, temp and humidity monitors I cannot get them for that kind of price where I live, stuff like that is really expensive, I searched and the only PH monitor I can find around here is like 30 bucks, no way I'm paying that... And to buy one online cheap, it'll take a long time to get here and I can only buy it in about 2 weeks to in like 2 months it's here... I'll probably get all that for the 2nd grow attempt which should be in 3-4 months.

Smell will not be an issue, trust me :)

On the heat stress vs overwater, I'm pretty sure it was heat stress because by the time I noticed the light was about 3cm of the plant and a lot of heat was coming from it.

The light itself it's a 23 watt 6500k with around 1400 lumens.

I'm going to water the plant in about 3 or 4 days, I figure that's around the time when the top of the soil is going to go dry, but I'll keep checking!

The plant area is protected from the cats, I just let her go in because she's a curious one, it was the first time she went in there, and I cleaned the area where she went in to make sure no hairs or anything were in there.

And okay, on the 4th week I'll start feeding it, but I'll ask here before I buy them :)

I will edit the post and put some sort of a disclaimer, because I know this isn't an optimal way to grow the plant. It's mostly an hobby and having bought the things that I already did and having not killed the plant already I think I've got things well enough to if the plant dies, I'll just get another (cheaper seed) and try again with little additional cost. I'll just need to buy PH, temp, humidity monitors and the seed, should be about 20 bucks everything and I'm good to start again. I have a lot of soil so xD

I thought auto would be better as a first time, but now I think it isn't... I feel like I'm in a race against time to get it as big as possible before time runs out and it starts flowering, am I right or wrong to feel this way?

It's okay :) I came here and posted this to learn. It's all good! About PH, temp and humidity monitors I cannot get them for that kind of price where I live, stuff like that is really expensive, I searched and the only PH monitor I can find around here is like 30 bucks, no way I'm paying that... And to buy one online cheap, it'll take a long time to get here and I can only buy it in about 2 weeks to in like 2 months it's here... I'll probably get all that for the 2nd grow attempt which should be in 3-4 months.

Smell will not be an issue, trust me :)

On the heat stress vs overwater, I'm pretty sure it was heat stress because by the time I noticed the light was about 3cm of the plant and a lot of heat was coming from it.

The light itself it's a 23 watt 6500k with around 1400 lumens.

I'm going to water the plant in about 3 or 4 days, I figure that's around the time when the top of the soil is going to go dry, but I'll keep checking!

The plant area is protected from the cats, I just let her go in because she's a curious one, it was the first time she went in there, and I cleaned the area where she went in to make sure no hairs or anything were in there.

And okay, on the 4th week I'll start feeding it, but I'll ask here before I buy them :)

I will edit the post and put some sort of a disclaimer, because I know this isn't an optimal way to grow the plant. It's mostly an hobby and having bought the things that I already did and having not killed the plant already I think I've got things well enough to if the plant dies, I'll just get another (cheaper seed) and try again with little additional cost. I'll just need to buy PH, temp, humidity monitors and the seed, should be about 20 bucks everything and I'm good to start again. I have a lot of soil so xD

You'll eventually need all of them. My suggestion would be start shopping around to get a good price. PH is especially important. Without knowing your PH, if you have a problem, there will be NO sure way to tell you how to correct it.

3cm is plenty of space, and would not cause heat stress unless temperatures were high. This is why I say it's likely that it was overwatering. Heat stress can also cause a bleaching on the leaves, which I see no evidence of. Especially not with a 23w bulb. I have 14 bulbs all real close to my plant, and no signs of heat stress.
There are cheaper PH meters available. Usually they will test PH, Moisture, and Light. These are around 4 Euro. I found a thermometer/hygrometer (tests temperature and humidity) at a local store for 3 Euro. It was in the household section, with light bulbs, extension cords etc.. and is made to hang on a wall, or window.

The nutrients you use are your choice. Some growers use synthetic nutrients, others prefer organic (natural things like manure/compost). Just make sure you don't use a nutrient that is pellets or balls, and slowly feeds the plant. This type will interfere with the flushing you need to do later before the harvest.

I thought auto would be better as a first time, but now I think it isn't... I feel like I'm in a race against time to get it as big as possible before time runs out and it starts flowering, am I right or wrong to feel this way?

That's basically exactly what Autos are. But they're good for a first plant to learn the basics. When growing a photo period plant, you will NEED a timer for your lights. The lighting schedule has to be exact. Autos aren't really effected by varying light schedules like a photo period plant would be.

Aannnnd in case you didn't see it yet: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know This topic will have a lot of great information for you. I'm finishing my 2nd grow now, and I still use that information. It covers all the basics of growing, and also covers many advanced topics, so it's a good page for growers of all skill levels, new and old.

Antics, thanks for the reply.

The first problem with buying them on physical stores where I live is finding them. In the city I live in there are maybe 2 stores that have one model of a ph tester, I kid you not :/ One of them is 30 bucks and the other one was 25, they put stupidly high prices on small equipment like that to get a margin, to then be able to sell compost cheaper for example. I'll keep on searching and try to get one that is around 7 bucks.

On the lights I have no idea how many I really need, I'll just buy then as needed, I don't need the plant to get very big, like I put on the original post for me if the plant flowers and gives 5 grams, it would already be really awesome, after that the more the better.

I have only smoked weed once, this is for me and my partner, he usually smokes but not really at home. I wanted to start growing a little bit for us both. I don't even know how 5 grams even look like, I really just like the plant and wanted a hobby ^^

For this one how many 23w bulbs do you think I need? For the veg phase? Because then when I switch to the other bulbs for flowering I'll just trade the ones we have around the house and then I have plenty of bulbs to switch.

The thermometer should be easy, hygrometer not too bad. But the PH meter can be difficult. Your best option for that might be to buy online somewhere. From a nearby country if possible to shorten shipping time.

Lights.. I like to use 100 watts for each plant in Veg, and 150 watts in flower. I have 350+ watts (14 bulbs) sitting over 1 plant now, and I just harvested the other.

If you don't want it to get tall, I suggest topping. I would also suggest topping and LST since you are using CFLs.

For right now as a seedling I would use 2 bulbs on it. As it gets bigger I would slowly add. You can grow a really nice plant with just 4 bulbs in Veg, and I would recommend 6 bulbs for Flower.

I also used mixed spectrums of my CFL bulbs. Just buy 3 of each color, and use all of them to grow. You don't have to buy all the bulbs twice.

The thermometer should be easy, hygrometer not too bad. But the PH meter can be difficult. Your best option for that might be to buy online somewhere.

[...]

I also used mixed spectrums of my CFL bulbs. Just buy 3 of each color, and use all of them to grow. You don't have to buy all the bulbs twice.

Wow, on your 2nd grow you got some really amazing looking plants! I'll try to use the techniques you used on my little girl.

Anyway I got another 23 watt bulb. But I realized that the light was too high :/ So I put it lower and after 14 hours I see some grow. Since she's an auto I'm keeping the lights up for 24 hours and then I'll put her 18/6 again.

Here's some photos, this is day 22:

WP_0001282.jpg

This is not the positioning of the lights, it's just to show, when I close the enclosure I have they get spot on top of the plant, at about 4-6 cm of hight :)

WP_0001291.jpg

WP_0001301.jpg

WP_0001312.jpg

You can definitly notice some grow since yesterday. Now with 46 watts on her she should start growing better. Unfortunately I can now only get her the other 2 bulbs in a week and a half x.x But I'll try to get some 20 watts there, though I need to get cables and other stuff. The next 2 bulbs will be 2300k, but the 20w are also 2300k.

Anyway, thank you for everything you have told me! It has helped me a lot!

[EDIT] I'm not sure if I should say this is day 22 or 18, because it's been 18 days since she broke ground, so I guess it's day 18, right?

Thanks :) And my plants were really easy to do. Honestly.. it was basically the bare minimum except for lights and nutes.

Basically: 5 gallon pots, plain potting soil. I think it was about 15% perlite (I'm adding more for the next grow)
I used a simple 3 part nutrient system, Just like General Hydroponics makes, and tons of other companies.
I have a thermometer and hygrometer bought for $3 USD at a local store. I use a cheap PH/moisture/light meter (light meter is useless though). I used plain tap water that I let sit at least 24 hours to let chlorine dissipate.

14 total CFL bulbs, total wattage is 351 (was 383 watts but a bulb blew, and I had to replace it with a smaller one).

The hard part.. TOP your plant. To grow well with a CFL you want the plants canopy as flat as possible. My previous plants I grew, I let grow tall and normal. 8.55 grams, and 9.07 grams from 2 plants.

This time, I FIM'ed them (similar to topping), and used LST to tie down branches so it grew flat. I harvested my first plant from this grow at 30.82 grams.
I should be harvesting my second plant in about a week, and it should have at least 40-45 grams on it. And these are DRY weights also.

If your plant is an auto you have to make a choice... you can top it, but it can slow down growth for 2-7 days. OR you can just bend the top flat, and slowly bend each branch down so they are all the same height. This will be less stressful for the plant, and will provide the same results.

I love the 23 watt bulbs. Nice brightness, and low enough wattage to use several of them spread around to keep an even layer of light on the plant.

We count days 2 ways. First we count time in Veg, and we only count after it broke ground. THEN for people that switch to 12/12 for photo plants, we count from the day we switch to 12/12. For you, you can count total time, since breeder numbers go by total time from seedling to harvest. So yes, 18 days.

And lastly, you will most likely run into problems. Spots on leaves, discoloration, etc.. Don't panic, and just work on this one at a time. But again, I have to say it.. it will be easier with a PH meter. So put that on your shopping list when you have the money for it.

Thanks :) And my plants were really easy to do. Honestly.. it was basically the bare minimum except for lights and nutes.

Basically: 5 gallon pots, plain potting soil. I think it was about 15% perlite (I'm adding more for the next grow)
I used a simple 3 part nutrient system, Just like General Hydroponics makes, and tons of other companies.
I have a thermometer and hygrometer bought for $3 USD at a local store. I use a cheap PH/moisture/light meter (light meter is useless though). I used plain tap water that I let sit at least 24 hours to let chlorine dissipate.

[...]

And lastly, you will most likely run into problems. Spots on leaves, discoloration, etc.. Don't panic, and just work on this one at a time. But again, I have to say it.. it will be easier with a PH meter. So put that on your shopping list when you have the money for it.

It's on the shopping list already :) That and a humidity/temperature monitor.

I'll try to use LST, kind of like you did, but I'll just make the plant go towards one way so it's leaning the more that I can, when it's time, I think it's too early, maybe in 5 days depending on growth rate.

For LST I used ribbon, tied a knot at the end to make a loop there, and would loop this around the branch, putting the loose end through the loop I tied in the other end, and used paperclips to attach the loose end to the rim of the pot. I ran out of ribbon towards the end, and used pipe cleaners.
Don't use anything thin like string or twine, it can cut into branches as the plant grows. Use wider things like large string, ribbon, pipe cleaners work, but if they are used in a place with a lot of force of the branch against the pipe cleaner, you can cut a piece of drinking straw to slide over the pipe cleaner, and let the straw rest against the branch.

Just make sure whatever you use doesn't have loose threads/fibers (they can stick to trichomes and you don't want to smoke those things).
LST is really pretty east to do though. Just think of a flat canopy, and you slowly pull branches down until it's flat. The plant will naturally grow the ends up the branches up to the light, but if you don't want the branches growing up yet, just adjust the LST to pull down more.

I thought I'd post a few pictures now, after 3 days she seems to be responding well to the new bulb. I watered her today.

EDIT: Now comparing the shots she really did grow a whole lot in the last 3 days o.o The leafs that were just starting to grow are now how the big top leafs were 3 days ago xD My baby is growing so fast xD This is so awesome T_T If I'm like this over the plant imagine how I'm going to be when I have a daughter or a son ^^

WP_0001401.jpg
WP_0001391.jpg
WP_0001422.jpg
WP_0001432.jpg

Looking good for your first plant! It's a really exciting, and relaxing hobby. I absolutely love it.

The plant will start wanting nutrients soon, if you haven't already started on them.

Hey Antics, it really is! Also I haven't started them on any food yet. The one that is cheap and I can get is this: B'cuzz Coco A&B | Atami

The details are on the links on Coco A and Coco B but I'll just past the chemical details here:

Coco A has:

Nitrogen (N total) 6.27%
Phosphoric pentoxide 0.18%
Potassium Oxide 6.95%
Natrium Oxide 0.23%
Calcium Oxide 4.63%
Magnesium Oxide 1.51%
Sulfur Trioxide 0.13%

Coco B has:

Nitrogen (N total) 0.81%
Phosphoric pentoxide 4.61%
Potassium Oxide 6.83%
Natrium Oxide 0.23%
Calcium Oxide 0.28%
Magnesium Oxide 0.81%
Sulfur Trioxide 1.14%

I think these are good enough for the plant, what do you think? I also have access to the Bio-Bizz stuff but it seems more expensive. I can get the Coco A + B for 10 bucks, while one Bio-Grow is like 8 bucks.

Also I'm going to sub on your LED grow! :D

That should work just fine, and it has te calcium and magnesium your plants will need too which some nutrient solutions leave out.

Now keep in mind that is developed for coco coir growing, which has NO nutrients in it naturally, and you're growing in soil, which already has some nutrients, so you might need to mix a slightly weaker concentration of the nutrients.

That should work just fine, and it has te calcium and magnesium your plants will need too which some nutrient solutions leave out.

Now keep in mind that is developed for coco coir growing, which has NO nutrients in it naturally, and you're growing in soil, which already has some nutrients, so you might need to mix a slightly weaker concentration of the nutrients.

That's even better, that way I don't have to spend as much and it'll last for a long time, I want to make other grows after this one ^^

Today no photos, I feel like there's quite a lot of photos here already. Also, is there any harm on saving the runoff water from when I water the plant? I did it once, nothing bad happened, I figure, since I'm going to give her the nutes a little late, the runoff water should have the nutes that were in the soil, so saving the water, waiting 3 or 4 days and then watering it with just the runoff water I'm putting at least some nutes back in the earth, right? Otherwise the water will just evaporate and the nutrients will just stay on the plastic thing where the runoff water goes. I'm guessing the only problems could be maybe Ph related but since I have no ph meter I can't measure the ph of that left over water. What do you think? And thank you so much for everything :) You've been super helpful :3

Runoff will eventually be collecting salts, which you want OUT. By reusing runoff when you use nutrients, you will reintroduce salts into the plant, which can limit water, nutrient, and oxygen uptake by the roots.

Now if you have a rain water collection barrel, that stuff is great for plants!

Thanks! And I think read about using salts at the end of the flowering stage to flush the plant, now it makes sense because then the plant will not be able to get anything from the roots and will use the nutes that it already has. And I'll stop doing this, hope I didn't screw the plant too much.

Now for an update... I FIMed the plant, I really hope I did it correctly, here's some photos:

4120e7e8-8987-4dc6-af5b-7332f423449d.jpg
ff24616a-4951-4bd4-925d-80416b485835.jpg

And the things that I removed:

WP_0001511.jpg

I hope I did a decent job at it.

Also here's a photo of the way that the branches are bending downward, this is because I put the fan on 2nd speed:

WP_000152.jpg

Maybe that was a bad idea, but I think that because they are going downward a little, the plant is getting more bushy, it has so many new things growing, and it also has so many more that you can see in the picture bellow! But one thing I found weird is that on some growth journals the first two little leafs just fall off, mine aren't falling off and in fact there's new leafs sprouting under them.

Here's a photo of the new branches that are growing:

WP_000153.jpg

I wonder if you can also FIM some of these.

Here's a final picture of how she is:

WP_000154.jpg

This is day 24 :)

Not to burst your bubble, but it looks like the FIM wasn't low enough. The FIM should take off about 80% of the growth.

Fuck I Missed :p ahah ^^

EDIT: I just cut it lower now, should be okay, I was careful to not top it accidentally. I'll just have to wait now and see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom