1st Grow; Jack Herer, Northern Lights, Critical Mass, 3 Run Homer

graybeard

420 Member
I suppose my first day on the site is a perfect day to start a journal so here we go.:cheer:
The strains I'm growing are listed above so I'll start with some equipment pics mostly because I like equipment:p

I had an old fridge that didn't work so I installed some lights on a timer, drilled some holes in it for air flow and temp control, also a vent fan and heater with an Ink Bird controller. I can germinate seeds in the top freezer and grow for some time in the bottom. Right now I have my tomato seedlings in it so I'm really glad I built it!
15b0bfe52672be23-photo.JPG

I decided to start small with a 3'x3' LightHouse 2.0 tent, a Spider Farmer 2000, a Visosun 4" fan and filter, and a fan and heater I had around the house. The tent is also controlled by an Ink Bird. I also have a humidifier in the tent that can be programmed to the desired RH.
be7a77282929b451-photo.JPG
4d4741c4a564e3c0-photo.JPG

The Grow...:nomo::hmmmm::nomo::hmmmm::nerd-with-glasses:
The amount if information out there can be pretty overwhelming but I made my choices and rolled with them.
Here's a few pics as they came along.
This one is when they were about a week old. They were germinated in a paper towel and dropped in these pots when they had tails.
d5ff3842587c1f5c-photo.JPG

This pic is right after they were transplanted into 5 gallon pots. They were 2 weeks old except the one in the middle was is a three week old 3 Run Homer given to me by a friend.
03cdcf4b6268b1f7-photo.JPG

And a coupe days later they are growing nicely.
14cc7346df084545-photo.JPG

This is when I started feeding Fox Farm Big Bloom. I mixed the first dose at 1/2 the recommended so I could be sure and not damage them. It wasn't long they all looked kinda like this.
d1b5f35daf148db6-photo.JPG

So fast forward to one month and this is what I have. Two Critical Mass, one Jack Herer, and one Northern Lights that are in low stress training. These four are auto flower femunized. The one in the middle is a femunized photo period 3 Run Homer that has been topped. The Critical Mass in the lower right of the pic just got bent about an hour before this pic was taken so it's not very happy right now.
4d4741c4a564e3c0-photo.JPG

Nice green and healthy.
I like the Northern Lights on the upper right corner. It’s actually purple like it looks and the center is deep emerald green. I don’t know if it’s a good thing or not but it has been a trouble free plant from day one.

Here's some close up shots. I've been working on trimming, trying to find a balance between letting light in and keeping enough fan leaves to promote growth. It seems my plants are shorter than other pics I've seen. I hope I haven't stunted them to a point that will effect the buds.
4a97d6d8ce311032-photo.JPG
61fd99072f24a567-photo.JPG
97d07d6c6fa030cc-photo.JPG
041457b989dd3bd9-photo.JPG
afa9bc9ba2432e3a-photo.JPG

What a difference a week makes! This week I did some trimming of fan leaves from the bottom and trimmed some that were blocking light from the tops created by LST. They also got a very heavy watering with no nutes.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting in Medical Marijuana Strain Reviews?

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom