1st Grow Journal - 2nd Grow Altogether - Help Appreciated

Re: 1st Grow Journal, 2nd Grow altogether. Help is appreciated.

Question before I start my feeding process in the next week or so, I ended up getting the GO Box (Gen. Organics) and under the feeding chart it says "Adjusting pH is not nessessary". LOL that's word for word, funny thing is they spelled "Necessary" wrong. Anywho, do I need to adjust the pH still? I use gen. hydro pH down seeing that I never have to pH up.

If the fert says no need for PH, then it probably wont need it as its organic. Plus a few nutes do have ph buffers in them. But I dont pH my soil grows only coco grows and hydro if I ever did it. My lime and organic minerals keep my ph in check.

I use a home under-the-sink reverse osmosis filter and before that I used distilled water*, so I've never had to adjust pH levels. Most nutes seem to be adjusted for that problem. Soil is a little more forgiving for those kind of problems too. If the water you use on your plants measures okay on a pH meter, you should be fine. I feed more by the looks of the plant than by a regular schedule, too. Amount of light affects amount of photosynthesis, which affects amount of nutes plants take in and if it's not all tweaked right or there's not enough light or CO2 it's easy to put a plant into nitrogen toxicity with regular feedings and not even realize as a beginner that I did it. If I waterlog soil, the plant leaves will look sometimes like they have the nute deficiency symptoms I see in the grow books. And then I give it more food and the problem compounds. So I water and feed according to size of plant and feed according to leaf color, taking care to notice the specific healthy leaf color and not letting them get too light green or yellow before I feed.

*If I don't use Cal-Mag or the equivalent in my highly filtered water I get spots on the leaves (which is a calcium deficiency).

Reps on that post Potchimp, spot on. I went through all that, too much water and feed for my environment. I was following and taking advice from people with bigger plants and better set-ups. Like you say dont do charts , do plants.

If the fert says no need for PH, then it probably wont need it as its organic. Plus a few nutes do have ph buffers in them. But I dont pH my soil grows only coco grows and hydro if I ever did it. My lime and organic minerals keep my ph in check.
Alright thank you!

*If I don't use Cal-Mag or the equivalent in my highly filtered water I get spots on the leaves (which is a calcium deficiency).
Thanks a bunch for the info! You and JBC have been more than helpful!!!! So high spots on leaves? The "poofy" looking leaves? I have had that happen to me and I didn't know what it was, in between the veins I guess you could say, they looked poofy like little leaf pillows.

Chemdawg_9_.jpg

The leaves on the left side with the spots are from like the second day with watering, but they have stopped and have not proceeded to get worse thankfully. The leaves I'm talking about are on the right side, have that pillow-y look I was talking about, also have like a weird blue-ish tint or something, but as I said I will be feeding her either tonight or in the AM. Using the GO Box I'll probably use everything and not leave out Bio-Marine or Diamond Black like I notice some people do. Your thoughts?

Like Potchimp says on the last page them spots are due to a calcium deff. They fine though, your tap water should have some calcium in it, so a water may take it away. But as you've re-potted anyway they should be fine for another 2 weeks. If it continues use a feed with calcium in it.

Like Potchimp says on the last page them spots are due to a calcium deff. They fine though, your tap water should have some calcium in it, so a water may take it away. But as you've re-potted anyway they should be fine for another 2 weeks. If it continues use a feed with calcium in it.
Alrighty!! Thank you thank you! So CaMg+ would suffice I take it? I mean obviously the Ca is in it, but what about the Mg? I just don't want to over do it, I never really did over do it [yet] lol. although, with success comes mistakes.

New soil should take them through a little awhile. They looking good for now. A water usually gets rid of them for me in soil.

Tahoe_Headband_1_4_.jpg

TAHOE HEADBAND (ROOT STUNTED ONE) SHE'S STILL ALIVE AND KICKING IT!

Chemdawg_16_.jpg

CHEMDAWG FRESHLY BENT OVER FOR MORE PRUNING AFTER A LONG DAY OF STANDING STRAIGHT!

Chemdawg_18_.jpg

CHEMDAWG AFTER A FEW ALTERNATIONS IN LST (NOTICE LEAF POSITIONS)

Black_Tahoe_2_4_.jpg

BLACK TAHOE #2 (2nd strongest grower) DOING EXCELLENT!

Black_Tahoe_1_14_.jpg

BLACK TAHOE #1 (STRONGEST OF THE 2 (PICKED #3, WAS SLACKING)) DOING EXTRA FINE! SHORT SHORT BUSHY THING!

Back
Top Bottom