1st Grow Journal - 2nd Grow Altogether - Help Appreciated

jz1990

Hello, this is my first grow journal, and my 2nd grow altogether. My first grow consisted of 1 Black Domina (Female) 1 Tahoe OG (Female, stressed to hermie ( :oops: )) and a 3 week later addition Sour Diesel (Female). All three of those were from seed, I was very thankful for the female turn out. As I mentioned the Tahoe OG was a stressed hermie, so the seeds from other plants that are seeded from it should be female, so I've been told !!!! :idea: !!!! I got about 4 oz out of the three plants not one being over 3ft, If you want to see the few photos I have of that grow feel free to check out my photos. NOW onto the CURRENT grow :). From the last grow I received many, many seeds from the Tahoe itself and the Black Domina, somehow the Sour Diesel didn't get many seeds. SO having the information about how the hermie plant seeds worked out, I went from there. I germinated 3 Sour Diesel x Tahoe OG seeds, 3 Black Domina x Tahoe OG, 1 Black Domina, Hindu Kush, and later grabbed a Chemdawg clone. Out of all of those seeds both 1 Sour Diesel x Tahoe OG seed and the Black Domina seed wouldn't germinate so I tossed them. As of right now i am about 3.5 weeks into things, one Sour Diesel is starting to die off it looks like? and the Hindu was looking sick but is starting to shape up a little. WILL HAVE PHOTOS UP WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE HOURS! :lot-o-toke:

Re: 1st Grow Journal, 2nd Grow altogether. Help is appreciated.

SORRY ON LACK OF INFO!
Pot size right now for 4 of the 6 plants are in little 4 inch pots and 2 are in little 6 inch pots, clone is in a red plastic cup, will be translplanted within the next week to a 3 gallon, then a 5 gallon.
All is indoor and soil, MH (Metal Halide for those who don't know) lighting 1000w
General Organics 'Bio-Series' (Last grow I tried Foxfarm line all except ChaChing and Beastie Bloomz)
Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil, eventually I will be mixing my own organic soil and such.
All will end up in 5 gallon buckets by harvest. I realize that isn't too big but I am limited on space lol.
Using a Sun Hut (4x4x7) for the indoor Medical Grow.

2013-01-19_11-47-42_708.jpg

Black Tahoe [Black Domina x Tahoe OG]

Hey JZ1990,
Nice girls, i'l be subbed if you dont mind, partial to a bit of soil. :)

Hey JZ1990,
Nice girls, i'l be subbed if you dont mind, partial to a bit of soil. :)
subbed as in subscribed? Just about to upload a photo I just took of all the babies except the Hindu Kush. When I upload the Hindu I will need help figuring out what is wrong with her :( I'm guessing a Ph problem. (Only because I'm not ph'ing my water YET, I will actually probably start on the next watering) Just a little abnormal growth is all lol.

2013-01-21_11-25-29_836.jpg

Bottom 3 are Black Tahoe (Black Domina x Tahoe OG) top left two are Tahoe Headband (Tahoe OG x Sour Diesel) (the left most T.H. is basically laying down (but still growing, so a weak stem) If I can't help her I may toss her sadly) and the top right is the ChemDawg Clone. :) (Hindu is still in under the little fluorescent light, a little sick.) Also, this is after the 1st change with LST on the chemdawg, I bent her over the opposite way this morning.

They look fine, you shouldnt have too much of a problem with ph, but like you say pH to 6.2 if you feel the need. The one with the weak stem just re-pot it to its first leaves. roots will grow out of that stem then. And maybe think about moving light a bit closer if its not to hot to reduce stretch again.

They look fine, you shouldnt have too much of a problem with ph, but like you say pH to 6.2 if you feel the need. The one with the weak stem just re-pot it to its first leaves. roots will grow out of that stem then. And maybe think about moving light a bit closer if its not to hot to reduce stretch again.

thank you very much, it's my 2nd grow and I'm soooo stoked lol. as for the Ph, I'll definitely be doing that within the next day or two (whenever watering is needed) Yea I was thinking to just pot the one a little further in, the hindu (pic will be up in about 10 min) has like NO stretching lol I'm surprised the nodes will stay so close together.

Have you been feeding? How often are you watering? No pests in there either is there? just one looked like its new growth was deformed.

Leaf curling down is usually over watering or too much N. New deformed growth could be thrips or something. Any of them fit?

Have you been feeding? How often are you watering? No pests in there either is there? just one looked like its new growth was deformed.

Leaf curling down is usually over watering or too much N. New deformed growth could be thrips or something. Any of them fit?

No feeding yet, I water when about top 2in of soil feels dry. THRIPS! grrr my last grow had a problem with them, I've seen them flying this round through too, BUT I sprayed Bonide Tomato & Vegetable 3 in 1 and haven't seen many since. So all in all I guess it could be thrips, those come with bangs of soil I assume eh? Wait, a thrip looks like a small flee-like insect, right? if so then yes :(

yeh small 1-2mm worms on leaves usually white to orange and the adults have wings and fly. If you have adults they can spread fast. I put some ground cinnamon on top of my soil , they hated that. It stops them going up the plant and they stay in the soil. Then you dry the soil out as they need water, then they end up at the bottom in the drip trays trying to get that water. Thats how I got rid.

Think the sponsors SNS here do some good products for that.

And maybe the Hindu needs some phosphorus as the end of one leaf was turning black and dying.

yeh small 1-2mm worms on leaves usually white to orange and the adults have wings and fly. If you have adults they can spread fast. I put some ground cinnamon on top of my soil , they hated that. It stops them going up the plant and they stay in the soil. Then you dry the soil out as they need water, then they end up at the bottom in the drip trays trying to get that water. Thats how I got rid.

Think the sponsors SNS here do some good products for that.

And maybe the Hindu needs some phosphorus as the end of one leaf was turning black and dying.

Okay I will give the cinnamon a try! I really appreciate the help, I don't understand why more people don't pop in and help lol
I'm going to post a pic of a bug I found on my last grow. Okay,yea I noticed some dark dark colors starting on the Cotyledons compared to the others, but I just thought it might have been something with the strain itself, I have so much to learn!!! Luckily I hopefully produced a nice batch of female seeds from the last grow, all plants except the hermie itself. Is that true? If a plant gets seeded by a female that was stressed hermie, does it produce female seeds (75% < greater chance for female)?

Question, should I start feeding Veg nutes? or should I wait? I have foxfarm line that I used last grow (wasn't bad for non-organic (except big bloom)), I am actually getting General Organics Bio series either today or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom