1st Grow Journal! Be Gentle!

Concrete Seed

Hello everyone! "Concrete-Seed" here! This will be my 1st EVA Grow-Journal here at 420Magazine.com and i'm def excited to get some GREAT feedback!!! I *REALLY* appreciate their being a community I can rely on for good quality information as thats a rare thing these days! Well, On to the good stuff, eh!? I have several plants in my "Veg-Room" right now but I figured since this is my 1st Grow-Journal, I'd keep it simple and document x1 of my Skunk#1 plants.

SKUNK#1

Strain: Skunk#1 (Clone)

History: Originally a 3-way, its seen now more as a 4-way cross of Afghani, Acapulco Gold, Colombian and Thai (75% Sativa 25% Indica)

Grow-Site: Indoor

Medium: Organic Soil ( A mix of: Fox Farm Ocean Forest(60%, Happy Frog(15%, Worm Castings(10%) & Coco-coir w/ Growstone15%) Note: I use "Uprising:Foundation" & "Elements" dry supps also.

Container Size- 3Gal. (Plastic. I normally use smart pots but had to deal with regular plastic this run.)

Lighting: 400watt MH HydroFarm light. (Roughly 8-12inches away from plants.)

Room-Temp: Average 78degrees (Min 73, Max 80)

PH: Between 6.3-6.8

Pests: The occasional gnat....aka "free entertainment"! No others though.

Watering schedule: When needed. (On average, 1x per day, sometimes morning & night.)

Nutrients: Mostly let the soil do the work through the veg-cycle. Sometimes Roots Organics if needed. (Amino-Aide, Trinity, Grow-N, Buddha-Grow) I normally don't measure my nutes, I just listen to the plants!

Hopefully, I remembered everything!!! Hahaha! I hope to see all of you here & I can't wait to learn even more through another harvest!

CHEERS!!! :420:
CONCRETE-SEED
veg_pics_001.JPG

Looking good .... but isn't that 400w awful close? I guess it depends on how much heat it puts off. You using a cool tube for the light?

Looking good .... but isn't that 400w awful close? I guess it depends on how much heat it puts off. You using a cool tube for the light?

No light-cooler, however, i'd love to get my hands on a couple of them! haha! I've been running it that close for all my runs and i've never had any problems. I will say, I live in Colorado and right now, its not the warmest so that might contribute to me being able to keep it that close without burning anything. I also have adequet ventilation so I don't have too many heat issues. (Although, I did in my first few grows. It was around 89degrees in my first flower-box! lmao! They grew though! slowly.)

CHEERS MATE!
CONCRETE-SEED

Nice journal Concrete Seed! I use a similar ratio in my soil and have had really good results :) looks like you have definitely done your homework :) I'm subbed for this grow for sure to cheer ya on !

Icemud- Thank you sir! I'm absolutely STOKED to have my first sub on my first Grow-Journal!!!! haha! I def appreciate it alot! I was pretty lucky in that I was born and raised in Colorado and have been surrounded by AMAZING growers since I was 15yrs old. One day, I hope to be one of those "amazing" growers! haha... I have a buddy who has been teaching me the ropes for the last couple years. He's a *REALLY* good underground grower and I really have him to thank for anything I do know.

Now, i'm looking forward to learning some of the "more advanced" systems and more subtle area's of growing. "True connoisseur shiat!"!

Thanks gain man! I'll try my best to come through with a MONSTER!

Well, here is an update on the Skunk#1. Everything is going GREAT! I have started a new Foliar-Spray from a local company named "Foli-Organic" and lemme tell you, the stuff works REALLY well so far. (Foli-Organic Product Names: "Ultra-Veg" & "Root-Rush") I have also added a 16inch wall-mount, oscillating fan for air-circulation replacing a 6inch desk fan. Other then those small changes, everythings GREAT!

Here are some pics I took today of the Skunk#1 being documented and a couple other pics of my smaller veg rooms.
CHEERS MATE!!!

**UPDATE**

SKUNK#1 Clone is looking GREAT! The FoliOrganic foliar-spray is working great and the organic soil is giving the plants everything they want and more! Here is a photo of her growth! She hasn't gotten too much taller but has def gotten *ALOT* fatter, hahaha. Enjoy guys!
Skunky_002.JPG

Below is a pic of the Veg-Room that the x4 Skunk#1's are in. (There are other strains too)
Skunky_004.JPG

Thought I'd snap a picture and give an update on Skunk#1 Clone Project. She's growing leaps and bounds and her leaves are starting to get to be about the size of my hand. I think i'll have some chest-size leaves off this baby! Hahah!

Anyway, no problems, this has switched over to Cyco Nutrients though. I am having my last run on "Roots-Organics" line. (They're great nutes, just wanna try the Pepsi-Challenge"!

Skunky_1_002.JPG

CHEERS!!!

I just took x4 clones off her today, so i'll give her about 2-3 more weeks with a B-1 boost and then this one will go in the "Bloom-Boom-Room"! I always get nervous when they get over 30inches.....haha

CHEERS!!!

Ive noticed the features of this Skunk#1 pheno are "exaggerated" a bit...HUGE leaves, monster smell, large pistols, etc....really a good strain!

CHEERS!!!

Hey guys, quick update for this Journal. I'll keep it short&sweet by saying that I rely on growing as a HUGE stress-reliever and hoped to share my passion w/ others, however, when it becomes stressful (or just not worth it) there's no point in doing it anymore. I will continue to grow and learn but I will no longer be sharing it, and that truly sucks. It was an absolute blast while it lasted & I *REALLY*, *REALLY* appreciate those of you that I had the pleasure of interacting with and xtra props to anyone who subscribed to the journal! I genuinely apologize you won't see the finished results do to this. I hope this finds you in the best of spirits and wish the best for all of you & your grows!

As usual, Stay safe and CHEERS!!!

Back
Top Bottom