1st Grow: Jumping Into The Deep End, DWC

Heya Bill!
Hope you're doing well today!

:ciao::slide::rollit:
Thanks Mucker.
Busy day today, still have to do fire wood. Fek,hehe.
I hope you and the wife are doing well. :love:

Stay safe
Bill

Thank you guys that helps a lot. Hopefully I will taking your advice soon ;)
Happy Growing.

Thanks Mucker.
Busy day today, still have to do fire wood. Fek,hehe.
Firewood. Nows there's a haunting word for memories, don't envy you the task, but I will say nothing beats the comfort of a real fire. We heat with gas, and the bills for the heat in the new house is brutal.
I hope you and the wife are doing well. :love:

Stay safe
Bill
I'm feeling a bit better, still fighting the flu bug. Mrs Rex decided it looked fun and caught it. So it's been a pretty quiet time for us. And yes, covid PCR test was done last week, came back negative.

Thanks for the warm wishes brother, I'll PM you tomorrow (or soon) to pick your brain on the sump project. And take you up on the kind offer when the install day arrives (if everyone is feeling better- you really don't want this bug)

Thank you guys that helps a lot. Hopefully I will taking your advice soon ;)
Happy Growing.
Oh man, your gonna be smoking the primo stuff once your harvest is dried and cured!
Do you have a dry/cure plan in place? I think we discussed it, but I wanna make sure it goes smooth for ya.

Do you think I should remove the dead leaves from the top or just leave it be?
At that point I’d defol off the worst ones and especially if there is some bigger ones shading/covering bud sites.

And I do agree, give them at least one more week. Judging by the trichomes.
I bet you could gain easily +15% weight in that week.
Photos ripen slower than autos (generally ofc..) and I’d aim for about 30-40% amber ones before the chop.

Looks super, happy growing!

Thank you @Bill284 and @Rexer for your help yesterday. Sorry I went quiet, I got my covid booster Tuesday night and started fading fast yesterday afternoon. I am feeling much better today, though.
Oh man, your gonna be smoking the primo stuff once your harvest is dried and cured!
Do you have a dry/cure plan in place? I think we discussed it, but I wanna make sure it goes smooth for ya.
I am looking forward to it. I am going to dry multiple ways then cure using Grove bags. See this post for my plan. I also plan on making hash with the trimmings and freeze drying that as well :)
At that point I’d defol off the worst ones and especially if there is some bigger ones shading/covering bud sites.

And I do agree, give them at least one more week. Judging by the trichomes.
I bet you could gain easily +15% weight in that week.
Photos ripen slower than autos (generally ofc..) and I’d aim for about 30-40% amber ones before the chop.

Looks super, happy growing!
Thanks @Verbalist that is pretty much what I have done up to this point as far as removing any leaves. I will give them all another week at least.
Happy Growing.

Thank you @Bill284 and @Rexer for your help yesterday. Sorry I went quiet, I got my covid booster Tuesday night and started fading fast yesterday afternoon. I am feeling much better today, though.

I am looking forward to it. I am going to dry multiple ways then cure using Grove bags. See this post for my plan. I also plan on making hash with the trimmings and freeze drying that as well :)

Thanks @Verbalist that is pretty much what I have done up to this point as far as removing any leaves. I will give them all another week at least.
Happy Growing.
Hope your feeling OK today my friend.
I got shingles the night I got my second shot.
That was rough, I had no idea what it was until it was too late.
Try packing a whole house by yourself with one arm.:eek:
Hope your harvest turns out perfect
Can't wait to see nug of the month. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Date: 1/2/22 - Day 73 of flower

Strains - 420 Hindu Kush and White Widow - All fem and photo.
Light setting and height - 400w LED Set at 100% @ 12 inches
Lux - 65000
Medium - DWC with Hydroton in 6" netpot in 5gal bucket
Nutrients - AN pH Perfect 3part
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - 48x48x80 tent in basement
Extraction - 6" Variable Speed Extraction fan

It looks like we are finishing up here. I see mostly orange/red pistils and even Lorraine is getting a lot darker. I believe the tricomes are showing the same. I tried to get shots from as many different buds as possible. Today I plan on flushing Alice, Demeter, and Kini. All three will have nothing but pHed water until Wednesday when they go into their final night. I plan on harvesting them on Friday after 36 hours of dark & drought. I will let Lorraine stay in the tent a bit more to finish up. I know flushing is a bit controversial, but I decided that the possible upsides outweigh any downsides at this point.

@Bill284 and @Rexer thanks again for all of your help. If you could please review the pictures below and let me know if you think these ladies are ready I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to all who have helped and supported me on my first grow. Hope everyone has a very happy 2022 filled with bountiful harvests!

Happy Growing.

Wait to see what others say (in case I overlooked something), but I gotta say....congratulations on the wonderful grow:adore::drool:
Start your chainsaw up and sharpen your scissors, cause your good to go :thumb:

Wait to see what others say (in case I overlooked something), but I gotta say....congratulations on the wonderful grow:adore::drool:
Start your chainsaw up and sharpen your scissors, cause your good to go :thumb:
Thanks @Rexer what do you think about Lorraine. Do you think she will be ready by Friday as well or one more week?
Happy Growing.

Date: 1/2/22 - Day 73 of flower

Strains - 420 Hindu Kush and White Widow - All fem and photo.
Light setting and height - 400w LED Set at 100% @ 12 inches
Lux - 65000
Medium - DWC with Hydroton in 6" netpot in 5gal bucket
Nutrients - AN pH Perfect 3part
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - 48x48x80 tent in basement
Extraction - 6" Variable Speed Extraction fan

It looks like we are finishing up here. I see mostly orange/red pistils and even Lorraine is getting a lot darker. I believe the tricomes are showing the same. I tried to get shots from as many different buds as possible. Today I plan on flushing Alice, Demeter, and Kini. All three will have nothing but pHed water until Wednesday when they go into their final night. I plan on harvesting them on Friday after 36 hours of dark & drought. I will let Lorraine stay in the tent a bit more to finish up. I know flushing is a bit controversial, but I decided that the possible upsides outweigh any downsides at this point.

@Bill284 and @Rexer thanks again for all of your help. If you could please review the pictures below and let me know if you think these ladies are ready I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to all who have helped and supported me on my first grow. Hope everyone has a very happy 2022 filled with bountiful harvests!

Happy Growing.
Hey @LKABudMan garden is amazing. :love:
In the group shot it looks like white pistols.
When I zoom it might just be so much crystal it just looks white.
So no white pistols, she is finished building for you.
Tric's great mix of colors and fek tons of them.
Shut out your lights and get out the sheers. :thumb:
I agree with Mr @Rexer Chop away.

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks @Rexer what do you think about Lorraine. Do you think she will be ready by Friday as well or one more week?
Happy Growing.
Considering it's your first grow. Chop em all, you'll have a nice variety of stages.
which will help even more in deciding next grow, of which mix of cloudy/amber you liked most.

Considering it's your first grow. Chop em all, you'll have a nice variety of stages.
which will help even more in deciding next grow, of which mix of cloudy/amber you liked most.
^ This ^ :thumb:

Thanks guys. They are all getting chopped this week :)
Happy Growing .

Well, so much for plans. Winter storm hit yesterday morning and knocked out power. Possibly for days. Could hear trees snapping all morning.

I had enough gas to run the generator for a while, but had to shut down at 6pm. Humidity started climbing right away. What to do? We took all the girls out of the tent, spread them out, then stripped as many fan leaves as possible. By flashlight. Three hours later and the plants can breathe a bit.

Finished the night with some nice finger hash ;)
Still no power. Trying to shovel out to get gas today. Plants will stay dark and dry today and will harvest tomorrow either way. Wish me luck!
Happy Growing.

Well, so much for plans. Winter storm hit yesterday morning and knocked out power. Possibly for days. Could hear trees snapping all morning.

I had enough gas to run the generator for a while, but had to shut down at 6pm. Humidity started climbing right away. What to do? We took all the girls out of the tent, spread them out, then stripped as many fan leaves as possible. By flashlight. Three hours later and the plants can breathe a bit.

Finished the night with some nice finger hash ;)
Still no power. Trying to shovel out to get gas today. Plants will stay dark and dry today and will harvest tomorrow either way. Wish me luck!
Happy Growing.
Oh no.:eek:
Those poor trees are going to take a beating.
What about heat and your pipes?
How far do you have to go to find gas?

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom