1st Grow - MH/HPS + LED - Advice Welcome!

I can't believe how purple that bud looks TD! Looks very tasty :yummy:

Are you able to see the trichomes under magnification to see if they're cloudy or turning amber? I've read and heard that choosing the harvest time based on the state of the trichomes is a great method for getting the buds just how you want (i.e. for a cerebral/up vs. a couch-lock type of effect). They do look very frosty, but it's hard to see the trichome colors with the naked eye. They do look very close to harvest time though!

:goodjob: and good luck on the harvest I'll be harvesting very soon too. Getting very excited :high-five:

I bought a cheap hand held microscope off amazon but I'm not able to see the trichomes under it. I was bummed that I couldn't after ordering it. As of now, I'm just playing it by ear. I plan on taking them very soon. The hairs are about 30% brown at this point. I'd like to get to at least 50-75%. I checked them tonight and couldn't help but notice that their buds seemed to be still bulking up. I know it sounds off but I have noticed that giving them that short dark period has rejuvenated them. Since that time, they have looked much healthier and I have seen a slight change in bud density. I trimmed all the remaining dead leaves and almost all of the lower fan leaves to allow air to circulate because I am worried about mold issues. I'm hoping to cut this weekend but I'm doing my best to just be patient and let them just do their thing. The wife and I just ran out of smoke recently so it's getting tougher ans tougher to sit on my hands!

Screenshot_2015-06-28-20-46-25.png
OK homies. Day 82 and they got the ax! I honestly think they could have went a little longer but due to my current circumstances, they had to come down. Also, I like the milder head high. I don't like to be zombiefied. Here I my biggest top. Gonna let em hang for 7-10 and then to jars!

Unfortunately my friend I didn't. Circumstances arose that really squeezed my time. I will be sure to take plenty of bud pics though. I am trying to plan accordingly so I can make the proper time to trim before jarring. Plan on taking a whole day to just play and bask in their glory! Lol

So....... this is the end! They hung for a week and I trimmed and jarred them today. Honestly, I wish I could have let them hang for another week. They are still very moist. And STINKY! EEEWWW THEY ARE STICKY!
Final Weight was almost exactly 3.5 ozs. About 2 grams under. I'm worried that might be deceiving because of the fact that they are still not completely dried out. Here are some final pics

Very very nice!

Be careful putting moist flowers in jars. If you aren't sure, I'd error on the side of "just a bit too dry". Maybe get a hygrometer for your jars to be safe. I wouldn't be afraid to cycle them in/out of a paper bag for a few more days if you have doubts. Nice harvest!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom