1st Grow - Northern Lights - CFL - Budget Stealth - DIY

JamNinja

Hey guys!!! Welcome to my first grow journal.:welcome:

After many many months of reading journals and soaking up info, I have decided it's time to get my own ladies growing.

Purpose of this journal will be a few things. 1. Keep records to help my future grows. 2. Hope to provide some information and help others as so many have helped me through the use of journals. 3. Show off my girls. (hopefully!!! :laughtwo: )

I will say upfront, I did not intend to use CFLS, but a local store was doing a great deal on CFL's and I was picking up 6 23W for 2 bucks. This allowed me to budget to start a flower chamber as well. :D

Now for some information:
What strain is it? Fem Northern Lights x2
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mostly Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? None yet
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor stealth
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 80% FFOF 20% Perlite
If soil... What size pot? Starting red solo, moving to 3.5 gal
Size of light? 10(maybe more) - 23W CFL, a few other random CFL thrown in
Is it aircooled? Freeflow intake with 6 inch inline exhaust 240 CFM.
DIY carbon filter.
Temp of Room/cab? Around 80 for test.
RH of Room/cab? Around 25 for test (no soil)
PH of media or res? Will keep around 6.3
Any Pests ? Nope, seeds
How often are you watering? When the top inch or two are dry
Type and strength of ferts used? Haven't picked em up yet.
Growing in a 3'x3'x4' DIY grow box. Walls are 2mm Mylar.

Will be making a DIY tutorial on my filter, light housing, Co2 and any other requests.

Now... Some PICS!!! (sry if they are sideways, looks like i will have to do some editing in future)

The box
20150128_161622.jpg

Scrub a dub dub
20150128_161840.jpg

Top Lights
20150128_161823.jpg

Thanks for stopping bye!! Hoping to have you all along for the ride. :D

I completely spaced saying my seeds haven't arrived yet. But.... today was the day! What a great feeling. Anyhow, got two NL fems and two Afghani regular freebies in distilled water for the night.
Also, started a dwc clone bubbler, God I love the dollar store. Pictures tomorrow.
Lastly, I don't know if this is by the books here but wanted to give a shout out to Herbies, the package was great and super stealth. Got to west coast in nine business days. Kudos boys. Alright enough ranting. Night guys

As promised! Here are some pics:
The seeds!
20150130_214656.jpg

2 NL and 2 Afghani taking a bath. This was last night, this morning all 4 sunk with a small poke.
20150130_230946.jpg

My little DWC cloner I made.
20150131_145118.jpg

Wont get to try her out til the lovely ladies get big enough but still fun to build.

Checked the seeds a bit ago, were a bit dry so added some more water to the towels. Will check back in on them later tonight.
And on to writing some DIY guides.
Take it easy guys!

i got the same freebies as you. i havent popped the afphi yet. have some of your ww. so far so good. in bloom now. my original ordered was ice. they are with the ww. so far, anytime i get two reg seeds, they are both males. the last being sleestack skunk. i ran a nl #5 for quite a while. very nice tasting med. fair yeilds, nothing special. great odor. and easy to grow. good luck with your grow. you dont need huge lights to get some stash. enjoy the hobby. i never quite learning.

Nice! i just ordered some seeds and apparently ill be receiving a free Dutch Passion "white Widow". Can't wait to grow this strain to.

I grew two outdoors seasons with Foxfarm nutes. My buds came out pretty damn good! I used the three basic bottles and some molasses from the grocery store. I forgot what soil I used, but i think it might have been foxfarms ocean forest.

Plants are looking nice and happy!

Back
Top Bottom