1st Grow, RainForest 318, 400W HID, Chronic Haze, Yumbolt47, California Dream

As you can see, you can't spread the plants out very far, which is why I was interested in the hempy grow. I still might get individual drip pots for next time.

11-26-09_082_1_.jpg

I believe the required, tight grouping of the plants in a Rainforest could be a problem, even if you only grow a total of 2 or 3 plants, although I sure like the idea and the results I have seen from folks using the Vortex sprayer. Mulitple units, drip or Vortex, will involve more tanks to regulate and change. Subscriber ronnie6690 has taken 2 Rainforest units and modified them to work together off of a controller / reservoir:

My First Grow Journal OG #18 - Scrog - Recirculating Aero/DWC 600w LED Medical Grow

with considerable success and less frequent changes and more room overall. He retains the Vortex sprayer advantage and incorporates a recirculating pump connecting the 2 RFs and his controller. Kind of like an Under Current from Current Culture but with only 2 grow units, in this case RFs.

I have not bought my RF yet and I am considering just going with the 4 unit Under Current with 18 inch plant centers and 8, not 13, gallon containers, one net pot per container - total of 4 containers - 4 plants. I will lose the advantage of the Vortex and also spend more money doing that but have only one "system" to regulate and change and have more room for my babies to spread out.

Also, Current Culture makes a chiller coil specifically for these units. I believe that for my summer grows I will need a chiller. That way I don't have to worry if the grow room temperature itself is a little high at times because my water temp can be controlled independently.

Not saying this is a better idea or anything like that. Everyone has to decide what is best for the existing conditions and possible problems. Bolivar, I am very grateful that you have mentioned that the plants are kind of close to each other in a RF and that some modification of that is worth consideration.

I missed my weather window for growing with the HID, so now I'm seriously considering trying one with LEDs. It just gets really hot here in July and August, and I'm not sure the portable A/C will be able to deal with it, even using LEDs. Otherwise, it's wait till October. What you up to now?

Just enjoying life man....jump in the led world, that will solve those heat issues..I picked up a solarflare 400 and a couple extreme 360s a while back..

I missed my weather window for growing with the HID, so now I'm seriously considering trying one with LEDs. It just gets really hot here in July and August, and I'm not sure the portable A/C will be able to deal with it, even using LEDs. Otherwise, it's wait till October. What you up to now?

My portable ac unit pumped into the room barely kept up with summer lol

My portable ac unit pumped into the room barely kept up with summer lol

As soon as I get a couple of things taken care of around the house (water heater, toilet) I'm going to dive in with 2 or 3 plants in the Rain Forest under HID. Should be nice weather until January, and I need to get a crop in. My supply of ready-to-smoke is getting less reliable by the day and I'm ready to pack in another 2-year supply and hibernate for a while. Got some nice seeds and better equipment, so I should do better than the last 2 grows. I hope.

Got a feeling we're in for another hot summer next year, so I'm getting itchy to get it done and over with before then.

Back
Top Bottom