1st Grow - Soil - Apollo 600W HPS/MH - 4x4 Tent

thenewgrower

hey everyone, this is my first time giving this grow thing a shot. If you see anything out of line please let me know and please give advice I love to hear it :thumb:

so I to start off I will list what I am going to be using (still waiting for seeds).

-4x4 gorilla grow tent
-600w hps/mh Apollo light
-425fm inline fan
-Soil is going to be a mixture of foxfarm OF and LW with Organic Perlite in it.
-I used Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds. I got the 'Bundle pack"
-4 x Mega Jackpot
-3 x White Widow XTRM
-3 x Amnesia Trance

here are some pics of the stuff I have so far.
gorilla_tent.jpg

pic_of_light_in_tent.jpg

setup74.jpg

nutrients_and_soil.jpg

strains.png

my_pooch.jpg

let me know what you guys think :thanks:

Looks like a nice set up. :thumb:
Wish I could afford a Gorilla tent, those are sooooooooooo nice.
I see you have security already covered.
Looks like your going to be a fellow dirt digger, very nice.

thanks for taking a look and the kind words! super super super excited about this!

Sweet! Subbed. OG you beat me to the first seat. That's ok I'll let you slide this time.... :passitleft: How long for the seeds NewGrower?

I see you have grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom all by Fox farms. Are you going to be using any of their other nutrients?

well as of now I planned on just using those 3. still reading up on this stuff so didn't want to make it to confusing. Think those nutes should be enough? I plan on using ffof mixed with fflw and perlite. From what I have read Fox Farm seems to have a lot of nutes in it for the first 4-5 weeks this has made me kind of nervous/cautious as to what nutes to use and how much.

well as of now I planned on just using those 3. still reading up on this stuff so didn't want to make it to confusing. Think those nutes should be enough? I plan on using ffof mixed with fflw and perlite. From what I have read Fox Farm seems to have a lot of nutes in it for the first 4-5 weeks this has made me kind of nervous/cautious as to what nutes to use and how much.

If you are growing from seed be aware FF soil is pretty hot, so NO nutrients for at least 3 full weeks, and when you up pot, guess what, your adding fresh soil so start that 3 weeks over again each time you up pot. After 3 weeks though start with 2 weeks 1/4 manufactures recommended strength, then 1 week of 1/2 strength, after that you can go full strength and no be an issue.
One other thing, FF recommends you do a flush every 3 weeks once you are feeding full strength, I did it on my stand alone plant but have not yet on my plants under my scrod. Both are going to go all the way to harvest without major issues but the one I did flush is the healthiest of the 3. I am about 3 weeks from harvest. If you click the link on the bottom of my post you can see how my garden looks, I do daily updates.

seedlings57.jpg

well my seeds came today. AMS did great with getting it to me promptly however for stealth packaging they get a complete fail. Anyways, before I plant these little guys I need to get some timers for my lights, going change vent piping, get some little fans to circulate air, and figure out what pots I am going to be using. hopefully will have all that good stuff in my hands tonight so I can get started :cheer: Also, I am debating getting a T5 light because I have heard the MH light can be to much heat for the seeds. Any opinion's on weather I should use my 600w mh light turned down to 50%? Or should I play it safe and just grab the T5 light?

Back
Top Bottom