1st Grow - Soil - Apollo 600W HPS/MH - 4x4 Tent

hey guys, today is day 42 of flower. yesterday I watered with nutes, half gallon each plant. That was the first time watering/feeding since my flush with sledgehammer. My plants are starting to show some deficiency's but I am just assuming that is a normal process with it being the last 2 weeks in flower? I don't plan to use any more nutes from here out with the WW and Bianca. I will probably stop nutes in 2 weeks with Amnesia Trance. here are some pics (mostly Bianca pics) but a couple ww ones as well. Difference in weight with Biancas and WW is pretty wild. WW buds lot more dense and bigger as of now. All plants have awesome Trichs right now and smell has been getting better and better
:thumb:

here are some pics.
20160318_124923.jpg

20160318_124912.jpg

20160318_124903.jpg

20160318_124843.jpg

20160318_124834.jpg

20160318_124803.jpg

20160318_124757.jpg

20160318_124744.jpg

20160318_124736.jpg

20160318_124643.jpg

20160318_124627.jpg

20160318_124526.jpg

20160318_124436.jpg

everything has really been on auto pilot it seems like :surf:

I have been intensively looking in to drying methods and curing methods, I am kind of worried about my humidity with it being so low (30-40%). Hopefully I can get a 7 day dry in, I planned on chopping them as a whole and hanging them right away, and over the course of a week take leaves off here and there as needed. then do the final manicure after its dry. Hopefully that slows the process down

thanks for looking my friends!! :thanks:

Hey there NG. Man them plants are looking very nice, bet your looking forward to harvest time. As far as curing with low humidity like that, I would use this mothed for curing. Let plants set in the dark for 48hrs.Pull plant up from the root and wash the roots the best you can with water. In a cool dark room Hang them for three days, then you cut the plant down to smaller like branches and take fan leaves off. Hang for another three to four days depending on the dryness of the bud. Then get you some mason jars to put it in, keep a eye on it and open jars often to keep from molding until fully dried. That would be the way I would cure it dude.

evening everyone :circle-of-love: , today is day 51 of flower and it gets harder and harder to buy a bag and not chop mine down lol. I am thinking WW will be ready before the Bianca as of now. WW is on the path to getting cut down this coming weekend :thumb: I dont know what i like more for tric color because this is my first grow. So i will cut most of them down at different times to see what I prefer for next time. I am thinking Bianca might go another week at this point, seems to be way less devolved than the WW. I have been watering them each with about a half G of distilled water every 3-5 days depending on what the soil feels like. BIANCA SMELLS SO SWEET :drool: here are some pics let me know what you guys think about the chop coming up. I will pull the plants i want to chop on friday and take lots of pics before choping them

here are some pics enjoy everyone :thumb:

20160326_183305.jpg

20160326_183251.jpg

20160326_183245.jpg

20160326_183231.jpg

20160326_183203.jpg

20160326_183158.jpg

20160326_183149.jpg

20160326_183112.jpg

20160326_183105.jpg

And Smokers420, that was pretty much what the video i was going off of said to do, minus the save the root ball for couple days (i like that idea i will be giving it a try i think it will help slow dry down a good amount) i am so excited for harvest and to try this beautiful plant! 4 to 5 months of taking care of them and now i am just a couple weeks away from smoking it!! very self rewarding journey it has been :ganjamon:

also it is actually starting to smell outside where i have my tent venting to which kind of sucks so i turned down the exhaust fan so it hopefully helps filter smell out a little more. it has also raised my tent temp up to around 77/79 degrees F during lights on. humidity is between 26%-33% depending on if just watered or not.

Couldn't help but to cut off a nug to try. Dried it over night so doesn't taste the best, but man It got me high. Also I am starting to see some leaves turn purple on the bianca and the WW. Still thinking sat morning is going to be the morning I take down 1 of the WW, it will be day 57 if i cut it down. Come Monday it will have been a 14 day flush on the WW and the biancas. So by adding another week I'll be stretching the flush out to 3 weeks.

Amnesia trance will get one more feeding then I am stopping nutes and starting the flush on that one as well.

I also bought a bag so I do not need to do any more "sampling" lol

Couldn't help but to cut off a nug to try. Dried it over night so doesn't taste the best, but man It got me high. Also I am starting to see some leaves turn purple on the bianca and the WW. Still thinking sat morning is going to be the morning I take down 1 of the WW, it will be day 57 if i cut it down. Come Monday it will have been a 14 day flush on the WW and the biancas. So by adding another week I'll be stretching the flush out to 3 weeks.

Amnesia trance will get one more feeding then I am stopping nutes and starting the flush on that one as well.

I also bought a bag so I do not need to do any more "sampling" lol

Good luck with the harvest. I'm also close but unsure of exactly when to chop. Are you using a jeweller's loupe to check trichomes to pick the sweet spot?

Thanks max! I am using a 420 scope (60-100x) and also have a jewelers loop I check it with. My eyes suck so I rarely use jewelers loop now that I have got better with the 420 scope! Right now 1 of the WW is 10% amber 90% milky I would say. Others are milky/clear still

Today is 8 weeks since the flip to flower! I have 1 WW that seems to have grown a lot faster than the others so I pulled it Thursday and put it in a dark room for 24hrs! (I'm going out of town else I would of done it for 48 hrs) anyways, it's now hanging up with the roots still in tact. I get back in 4 days, I will then cut in to smaller branchs and let dry for another 3 or 4 days before going in to glass jars! I also plan on chopping a few more plants down when I get back.

Have a good weekend everyone ;)

Hey everyone, today is 9 weeks of flower for my girls! I pulled one white widow at week 8 and I let it dry for 4 days while I was out of town and I came back to some crispy buds lol. I ended up yeilding 42g of good nugs 6g of popcorn nugs and 17G of sugar leaf (I plan to use sugar leaf for hashish so i get excited about the sugar leaf to lol... so after the first attempt at dry and cure I knew I had to do something about the humidity being so low. I went and found a nice thick blanket in my house and dunked it in water, then I hung it in my dry room, it raises the humidity to 61 percent and slowly drops back to 40% in a 48 hour period. So I need to re dunk it in water every other day but it seems to be helping a lot with slowing down the other 2 plants drying now. I still put the other buds in jars to cure (not sure if it will help them considering how dry but whatever makes me feel better about it I guess lol. (They still smell awesome in jars and look and taste good though so I am very pleased to know the next ones drying will be better!) Thanks for looking everyone! Will update again with pics when I trim the next ones drying! :)

Hey everyone, today is 9 weeks of flower for my girls! I pulled one white widow at week 8 and I let it dry for 4 days while I was out of town and I came back to some crispy buds lol. I ended up yeilding 42g of good nugs 6g of popcorn nugs and 17G of sugar leaf (I plan to use sugar leaf for hashish so i get excited about the sugar leaf to lol... so after the first attempt at dry and cure I knew I had to do something about the humidity being so low. I went and found a nice thick blanket in my house and dunked it in water, then I hung it in my dry room, it raises the humidity to 61 percent and slowly drops back to 40% in a 48 hour period. So I need to re dunk it in water every other day but it seems to be helping a lot with slowing down the other 2 plants drying now. I still put the other buds in jars to cure (not sure if it will help them considering how dry but whatever makes me feel better about it I guess lol. (They still smell awesome in jars and look and taste good though so I am very pleased to know the next ones drying will be better!) Thanks for looking everyone! Will update again with pics when I trim the next ones drying! :)

Great work. Some pictures of the harvest would be good :)

I've harvested one of my three girls and she's in jars with Boveda 62% humidity packs. It smells like bread dough in the jars as the sugars are converted by curing. No real weed smell yet though, but the room they are in is around 60 degrees which makes for a slow steady cure. I'm being careful to make sure they don't drop below 60% RH because I heard curing stops below 50%.

Hey everyone! I have tried to upload pics a couple times over last couple weeks and have not had any luck yet lol. So I guess I'll just fill you in on what has been going on. What I ended up doing with the rest of the plants is letting them dry as a whole for about 4 days then I trimmed and cut in to branchs and let dry for another 3 or 4 days. Then I put in to jars for curing, I noticed the rh would rise in the jar to about 70% over night, so I would open lids let jars sit open for about 2-3hrs during the day, after about 2 days of this (room temp is 63° humidity 47%-51%) I kept the lids shut and the humidity stayed at about 63%. 1 week went by and I open the lid of bianca and OMG fucking heaven, I immediately packed a bong lol. Sour sweet smell that makes your mouth water like no other. White widow is a very interesting smell as well, or sour or really sweet super weird I have a hard time explaining i, maybe after week 2 it will hit me. However white widow taste and smells awesome. I just canned my last bianca that went near 10 weeks flower compared to the others that went 8/9wks. Amnesia trance Is hanging in branchs right now, goes in jars either tmrw night or Tuesday morn.

Overall so far every single plant has given me 49-53 grams of good buds. Biancas actually gave me the heavy amount so far even tho it went a couple weeks longer in veg. I know of quite a few things that could help my next grow and I am looking foward to round to. I am beyond happy with how the quality has turned out! I would be plastering emjois if I knew how to on my phone right now lol. Anyways I am going to get these damn pic uploaded for you guys I promise. Thanks for everything for who has helped me along the way and given input or advice. I can say this has been an AWESOME learning experience, and I now get more excited to hear what people think about the herb I bring to smoke than actually smoking it lol

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom