1st Grow Sour D/CFL

@STONER- What kinda and how many light doe syou use in your set up i was checking out you pics and they look like 23w sprials but i could be wrong thats why im asking.

finishing in the dark is just that giving 24 plus hours of darkness too increase resin than chop the plant some growers never turn on lights for this just green lights, keeping buds in darkness until smoking or hashing. I love NYCD it smells like rotten fruit citrus and mango's. It' aroma is strong and exotic especially when the plant is hot or just been touched the smell can cover almost every other plant. no one ever says it smells like weed in here, its more like whats that smell???? Sour d on the other hand smells like some one just brought the used lawnmower in gas and all. great for the garage or shed grow. I like them both Sour D is mostly sativa and has high THC and gives a stuck on stupid high I love that. NYCD has two phenos 50/50 and 60/40 Sativa(witch is what I have)the 60/40 has a heavy sativa start with a long 2 to 3 hour high with mellow indica finish while the 50/50 has a sativa start with long indica high that don't put you down tell the end a cup of coffee are just some more will up the buzz right where you started. All three are easy to grow and like nutes, and can handle cal mag to fatten up the buds. They give big yields and long finishes the 50/50 Nycd is the fastest finisher. But an auto will grow super fast.

yea thats what i was thinking i realy wana grow some master its my fav. i but i have found any lower ryder X Master kush or i would have been all over then lol but i think low ryders is the way im going to go next grow.

Do you thik you can have to much light?

or it it what the plants might get burn if there near a really hot light?

There is a thread here started by Tulip which has some good info,

CFL Light Tutorial

My 55 watt dulux l lamps put out 4,700 lumens which = 85.45 lumens/watt.

There is also info on minimum and optimum lumens per sq foot, recommended distance from plant and some interesting spiral CFL grow light builds though I am sticking with the PLL CFL as the lumens/watt is much higher. I've only read the first 4 pages so far but I am going to go through the entire thread. It is well worth reading.

Best

my grow dog haphdead is growing a master he got seed out of some buds, Its a got dam monster one of the biggest trunks I seen in a 5gal pot it got big and it got there fast it stretched at the start of flower and haphdead uses a 1000w dual arc for your set up you could veg fast 1 month if you get a vigorous seed or cut of master. no you cant have too much light but you can get too much heat cfls don,t need to be right next too the plant the cooler the better I seen these awesome grows on YouTube, in refrigerator with a 400w or 600w hid

what do you think about 20 23w Cfl day lights 6500k for veg and reverse it to 2700k for flower for 12 plants in a 4x4 (56"x56"x78") with maybe 8 more veg lights and flower lights the same type just for side lights tho?

I have done a quick check on T8's and they seem to be putting out about 70 lpw (lumens per watt). The dulux L PLL type puts out about 85 lpw. This is the spec, the actual lpw is dependant on the efficiency of the ECG (Elecronic Control Gear), the higher the efficiency of the ECG the more of the power converted to light and less to heat so the moral there is to buy the best ECG if you want to maximise your lumens.

Spiral CFLs with their cheaper integrated ECG used to average about 50 — 55 lpw but I think they have improved slightly and I found one manufacturer claiming 60 lpw for his 25 watt spiral and I have no reason to doubt that figure but I do doubt the 70 lpw claimed by one seller on ebay. It is just not cost effective to put an expensive high quality ECG into a spiral CFL which gets thrown away when the tube dies 1/5th of the way through the life expectancy of the ECG.

For your 56" x 56" grow tent if you are going the spiral CFL route I would say use as many CFLs as you can fit into the grow space. If you will be growing wall to wall then you have to try to cover the entire space. If you are going to grow 2 rows of 4 plants then you will be using the full width of the tent but not the full depth. Build your grow light so that the spirals are horizontal to get maximum coverage from each lamp.

I have seen some very good designs for spiral CFL grow lights on the link I posted a couple of days ago.

You will never be using too much light. For comparison on a good summers day at noon you get about 10,000 lumens of illuminance per sq ft. 56" square is 20.25 sq ft so to mimic the sun you would need 202,250 lumens.

I am still waiting to see your latest photos on Tuesday.

thanks munch you sure are full of really usefull knowelge but i seen theese lights on 1000Bulbs.com and there 23w day light 6500k and say they give off 70-72 LPW and i seen some exactly the same for the soft white. and i sure will have new pics on tuesday i just added FF cha-ching to the nutrient mix so will see how it helps out in the late blooming process.

Thank you for your kind words, I was an electronics engineer once in a former life.

I had a look at 1000bulbs.com the energy miser is manufactured by Xiamen Longstar Lighting Ltd of China and their website claims 1600 lumens from their 23 watt bulb so the retailer is only repeating their claims. The other bulb, the TCP, is a bit more difficult to trace the manufaturer but the North America distributor also claims 1600 lumens from from the 23 watt bulb. These are reputable companies not possibly dodgy ebay sellers making these claims so I have to give them some credence though I would only be personally satisfied by testing them myself.

Dont worry that the energy miser comes from China. Nearly all ( or perhaps all ) CFLs are made in China or India and none to my knowledge are made in North America or Europe.

So i guess i know where im getting my bulbs from now lol one thing on the check list. and i think img foing to try 3 strains this time 12plants all together 3 plants each in a 5gal. tote im totally going DIY on this grow. Hoping that this lil grow covers my cost of course.

But tommorw new pics will be up and today is resv. change day and in good timing. From the new chain- ching nutirets (foxfram) are a bit to strong i guess.
Some on the fan leaves are showing signs on nutrient burn on the tips so ill lower the dosage and see how they do within the next few weeks.

Thanks bro yea they were looking pretty good till i did a really newbie move and did like a mass defloration on my babies =( but there starting to come back around more fan leaves are starting expand outward from the bud sights so hopfully they come out with some nice dense buds.

But 4 weeks down and 6 to go so its still plenty of time for them to do there thing lol thanks for stoping bye.

So what kind of strain do you have growing?

oh alright well good luck to you and your ladies.

And stay tuned in to the thread new pics will be up around noon or 1 (give the plants time for the lights to go on and perk up a bit before picture time.)

hello king, from the pics i see things look good...
sorry for chiming in late as i just found your journal.

no there is never too much light.... if you can fit 40 in a 4x4 and manage the Heat by all means do. at 1600-1700 lumens each you have almost 64,000 lumens... very good:thumb:

on the defoliation ... dont be worried about it as im sure you noticed they are still alive and has now filled in. it sounds by the way you talk about it, that you did it just right.
the rule of thumb is if you feal you went to far you did it right.. all of our plants we skirt through out the whole growing proses. at 2 weeks in to bloom we skirt the bottom third of plant bare...and take each branch or subsequent cola down to 4 nodes.... any sun leaf that is at the base of a branch is removed or if its a hand sized leaf, again below the 4 nodes.... than at week 7 we pull sun leaves again.. and than again we pull ALL fan leaves before Swell (36Hr darkness before harvest) at this time we also pull as many of the sugar leaves for Bubble hash.. than hang to dry and your dun .. very little trimming this way a good thing when you have over 300 plants to deal with..
and on the cha-ching..... its really potent.... make sure you are using the right side of the measurement scoop (had a co worker do this once) and also only use it for the first day of a week mix.... change it out after one day.. it can really wreak havoc as you may be abe to tell... ill keep checking in for pics.
good luck brother
peace

Thanks Shaggie, its cool for you to throw some lines in on this journals especialy since you got good usefull infomation lol.

But as for the ladies they still dont seem to be quite back into the shape they were (dont think there going to bounce back as good as i first hoped.)

But they are strating to grow fan leaves back but its weird up towards the top of my plants there but are finally starting to stack on the 3 bigger plants but the fan leaves are only 1 leave its like a mutant or something very strange.
(pics will be up in a lil bit.)

But as for the cha-ching yea im only using 10 gals and it says 1/2 tsp ber gal which means 5 tsp the larger scoop side is 1 tbl=3tsp so i just put 1.5 tbl spoons.

But yea i added it first on friday on sunday noticed the nute burn resv change day was monday so changed the resv lower the dosage a lil the really shity thing is that i dont have a ph meter broke on me like the 7th week in veg. so i think its the ph in my resv thats give the burn.

eeee ya get a ph tester again... i have a liquid ph tester for back up... some times shit happens and it works in a pinch.
cant wait to se where your at.

Hey whats my fellow 420 guys and gals well i knwo ive been laggin on my updates so im 2 days behind but i could use the camera on my phone since its fucking up do these pics arent the best but they will do till next tuesday and i could take some nice ones but heres 3 for now.

Number 1: Group shot on the ladies staring to push out quite a bit of fan leaves again but i do think the mass defloration worked because the butd sites at the inter-nodes grew out into a complete new lil set of its own (no pis of that but will on tuesday.)sorry you cant see the other half of the plant on the far left
IMG00053-20110608-2033_1_.JPG

Picture number 2 in my personal plants its half the size of the other plants but is way denser then the other 2 idk why its so short but it looks like a lowryder but i swear it isnt you can see the size diffrence in the 1st pic between this one and the other 2 but here is my lil squirt:
IMG00049-20110608-2031_1_.JPG

The lovley pic right here is of my number 2 bigest bud on my lil squirt but about an 1.5-2 in. long size starting to stack on its self and i still got 6 more weeks with the baby.
IMG00050-20110608-2032_1_.JPG

Hope you liked again sorry for the shity quality better pics up soon and hope to hear back from ya'll peace out

-KS

Good to see your photo's King. They are still looking good. I agree that the lil one is probably not a lowrider as without LST their main characteristic is the really pronounced main stem so they tend to grow pointy like a pine tree. It looks like you are going to have a really successful first grow :)

im hoping i was really REALLY stoned last night and got lost in the suace and started counting the bud sites and the lil came out too 62 the middle one had 131 and the big one all the way to the left had 147 so...

62+131+147=340 so if i can avg 1 gram per site thats 340g with is a lil more then 12oz. so 4oz. per plant id say thats a really nice grow and the best thing is im so much more confident for my next grow ive been planning for 8 weeks already and now im just waitng to cash in on the crop and start all over again im going to only take about 2 weeks off after i harvest still i start up the new one (master kush, durban posion, and 1 more pure sativa i just dont know what yet)

any suggestions?
*keep in mind it had to be atleast 70/30 sativa to indican ratio a flowering period of no more then 11 weeks and must produce atleast 500g pm2. so if it meets this criteria then im all ears.

Back
Top Bottom