1st Grow Sour D/CFL

KingSativa03

Whats up 420-ers im a first time grower but looking to turn this into a full-time hobby.

So i thought i would start this journal and hope to get any kind of input all comments are welcome.

So heres the set in my garage.

(1) 2x4 flood tray
(1) 2x4 tray stand
Grow Med-Clay Rocks
strain- Sour D
Flowering Time- 10 weeks

Made a ghetto tent around the tray with cardboard and mylar
for lighting im using the same for veg and flower with is 4 T8 28w=150W
but 2 6500K and 2 2700k

***next grow im going with (40) 27W 6500K FOR VEG AND SAME AMOUNTOF LIGHTS FOR FLOWER JUST 2700K***

Could that be too much light for a 4x4 grow tent???

as for water and nutes im using FF (Fox Farm) Big Grow Hydro, Tiger Bloom, & Grow Big

I have a 10 gal. res with a 130 GPH water pump
witch is begin feed to 3 pots at the moment keep in mind that i am already in week 3 as for today in flower so this will all be catch up.

So i started off with 6 plants but i think but 2 should male preflowers so they got killed and the i think i might of killed a female in the process but im still not sure but i ended up with 3 ladies now.

so i started from seed around on 3/11 i veg for 8 weeks then i switched for 12/12 on 5/9 so heres some pics of when they were lil seedlings lol

1st set of pics were taken about 3 weeks form seed...
Plants_12.jpg

Plants_1a1.jpg

Plants_1b1.jpg

Plants_21.jpg

Plants_2a1.jpg

Plants_32.jpg

Plants_3a1.jpg

Plants_3b1.jpg

Plants_41.jpg

Plants_4a1.jpg

Plants_51.jpg

Plants_5a1.jpg

Plants_61.jpg

Plants_6a1.jpg

Plants_6b1.jpg

Well not to loong after these pictures i topped the plants i did i wat too early even though the resualts were quite nice lol so these pictures are from about 3 weeks from the last for 4/25
Plant_1a1.jpg

Plant_229.jpg
Plant_2a1.jpg
Plant_3a1.jpg
Plant_3b1.jpg
Plant_418.jpg
plant_132.jpg
plant_319.jpg
Plant_6a.jpg

plant_5b1.jpg
some pre-flower pic
Plant_61.jpg

Plants_6b1.jpg

Plants_3b1.jpg

Plants_019.jpg

Plants_0162.jpg

Plant_5a.jpg

0421111405.JPG

0421111406.JPG

In between the month i didnt have internet i topped the plants again and put them into flowering
so heres the 3 survivor...

Flower_16.JPG

IMAG0442_1_.JPG

IMAG0439_1_.JPG

IMAG0444_1_.JPG

IMAG0445_1_.JPG

IMAG0446_1_.JPG

IMAG0448_1_.JPG

IMAG0447_2_.JPG

IMAG0449_1_.JPG

IMAG0450_1_.JPG

IMAG0452_1_.JPG

IMAG0453_1_.JPG

IMAG0454_1_.JPG

IMAG0456_1_.JPG

hope you enjoyed looking at my thread please fill free to say whatever lol just have a good time and smoke up;)

:Namaste:
-KS:peacetwo:

I have a question.... Can you have to much light? I know that plants can get burn from the light but im using CFL's but i want as much light as possible for my next grow which will be in a 4x4 grow tent and idk weather to go with a 4x4 flood tray similar to the 2x4 i have now or should i DIY 6 10gal totes with some air stones and make a DWC/Bubbler with 2 net pots in each.
any suggestions????

also i was thinking of make a cfl set up using 24 6500k 26w bubls for veg and reversing if to 24 2700k 27w bulbs for flower with about 16 of the same bulb during the same time as side lights.

Could this be an over kill of lighs?

also i heard something about for the last 2 days before harvest to leave your plants in 36 hours of darkness or it might have been before going into flowering but has anyone else heard anything like this?

Nice looking plants.

With regard to your CFLs if you are talking about spiral or stick ECFL more of the light is wasted ie not pointing directly at the plant by the shortest route so I would stick with tubes, T5, T8 or PLL.

yea i was was talking about using spirals and thanks for the comment on the ladies.

why would you reccomand using tubes and not spiral bulbs?

and do you know anything about defoliation?

i watched a couple of youtube videos and read through some threads and its looks like a good deal so i did it to all 3 of the plants im just wanting some first hand experience.

hey all green, thanks for stopping by man the girls are starting on week 3 of 12/12 as of yesterday and its the camrea off my phone. (HTC)

Nice job on the Ladies KingSativa!! That LST you did really shows in the later pictures...wow they are really bushed out!!! I can't wait to see how these babies fill out within the next few weeks.... I got my chair, large Iced Tea and munchies ready to follow along!!!

yea i was was talking about using spirals and thanks for the comment on the ladies.

why would you reccomand using tubes and not spiral bulbs?

and do you know anything about defoliation?

i watched a couple of youtube videos and read through some threads and its looks like a good deal so i did it to all 3 of the plants im just wanting some first hand experience.

Two reasons. First.
Imagine looking at a spiral from the side how much of the tube can you actually see? Rather less than 50%. With spirals and sticks some of the tube is physically blocked by other parts of the tube that you can see. Look at a T8 tube side on and you can see exactly 50% of the tube. Difficult to explain I only hope I have done a reasonable job.

Second.
There are two types of CFL integrated and non-integrated. Spiral and sticks are integrated, that is the have a cheap ECG ( electronic control gear) built in. Non-Integrated T5, T8, and PLL have a more expensive seperate ECG. It is normal for a relatively cheap tube to be replaced 5 or more times in the working life of an ECG. The better ECG produces more lumens per watt, 55 watts of spiral CFL wil produce about 3,000 lumens whilst a 55w PLL produces 4,700 lumens.

By defoliation do you mean trimming leaves so light penetrates down better to the lower leaves? If so I have read of some people liking the idea and other not. I wouldn't do it myself as the top leaves are closer to the light so get more benefit than leaves lower down the plant. I think it is the inverse square law, effective power of light on the leaf is proportional to 1/d squared where d is the the distance of the leaf surface from the light source. If I remember correctly from 30 odd years ago that is how the effect of gravity varies with distance as well. When I build my grow cabinet for 2 plants I will have my existing grow light for top light and a PLL tube on either side to provide infill light to the lower leaves.

By the way I am only using PLL CFL as the are shorter than T5 or T8. A 55w PLL is effectively 2 x 27.5 tubes side by side and about 20 inches long

Sorry for the long post.... but you did ask. :yahoo:

Can you tell that I was an engineer in one of my former lives and to think when I was just a boy I couldn't even spell 'Elecktronickull Injuneere'

Nice job on the Ladies KingSativa!! That LST you did really shows in the later pictures...wow they are really bushed out!!! I can't wait to see how these babies fill out within the next few weeks.... I got my chair, large Iced Tea and munchies ready to follow along!!!

Thanks Ice, im glade to see that someone is looking forward to my grow its only my first one so this one was done on a very tight budget and with not all the nutes i needed.

So next grow will hopefully be alot better. i still plan on using FF nutes just the complete package. and using more lights def.

BUT I THINK I MESSED UP MY FELLOW 420-ERS I DID A MAJIOR DEFLORATION ON MY LADIES IN HOPES TO PLUMP UP MY BUDS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BEFORE HARVEST BUT IVE GOTTEN SO MIXED REVIEWS ON WEATHER ITS GOOD OR BAD SO I GUESS WILL SEE WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO.

BUT I WILL HAVE NEW PICS UP WITHIN MAYBE 30 MINS OF THE MASS DEFLORATION. SO STAY TUNED AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL START UP A PRETTY GOOD CONVERSATION .

As far as the LST goes im really happy with the results like you said in the laater pics they look nice but in the beginning they were some ugly betty females lol but we all knwo that she was a beauty at the end so lets cross our pipes and smoke for the best:):adore::):adore:

1 Luv
-KS

BUT I THINK I MESSED UP MY FELLOW 420-ERS I DID A MAJIOR DEFLORATION ON MY LADIES IN HOPES TO PLUMP UP MY BUDS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BEFORE HARVEST BUT IVE GOTTEN SO MIXED REVIEWS ON WEATHER ITS GOOD OR BAD SO I GUESS WILL SEE WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO.

I wouldn't worry about it, you may have messed up a little bit but that is what first grows are for - experimenation. I LST'd a dwarf that would only grow 2 feet high max and definitely did not need LST but I did so I knew that I could do it properly when I do need it.

I am so looking forward to seeing how you do in the crop - pretty good I suspect.

Two reasons. First.
Imagine looking at a spiral from the side how much of the tube can you actually see? Rather less than 50%. With spirals and sticks some of the tube is physically blocked by other parts of the tube that you can see. Look at a T8 tube side on and you can see exactly 50% of the tube. Difficult to explain I only hope I have done a reasonable job.

Second.
There are two types of CFL integrated and non-integrated. Spiral and sticks are integrated, that is the have a cheap ECG ( electronic control gear) built in. Non-Integrated T5, T8, and PLL have a more expensive seperate ECG. It is normal for a relatively cheap tube to be replaced 5 or more times in the working life of an ECG. The better ECG produces more lumens per watt, 55 watts of spiral CFL wil produce about 3,000 lumens whilst a 55w PLL produces 4,700 lumens.

By defoliation do you mean trimming leaves so light penetrates down better to the lower leaves? If so I have read of some people liking the idea and other not. I wouldn't do it myself as the top leaves are closer to the light so get more benefit than leaves lower down the plant. I think it is the inverse square law, effective power of light on the leaf is proportional to 1/d squared where d is the the distance of the leaf surface from the light source. If I remember correctly from 30 odd years ago that is how the effect of gravity varies with distance as well. When I build my grow cabinet for 2 plants I will have my existing grow light for top light and a PLL tube on either side to provide infill light to the lower leaves.

By the way I am only using PLL CFL as the are shorter than T5 or T8. A 55w PLL is effectively 2 x 27.5 tubes side by side and about 20 inches long

Sorry for the long post.... but you did ask. :yahoo:

Can you tell that I was an engineer in one of my former lives and to think when I was just a boy I couldn't even spell 'Elecktronickull Injuneere'

that was very helpfull.

As far as defloartion no i didnt a pretty Newbie mistake a cut off almost every fan leave i had. =( but i just hope i didnt totally stress my plants to distruction.

So heres the new pics but will do a lil before and after look....

BEFORE:
IMAG0454_1_.JPG

IMAG0452_1_.JPG

IMAG0445_1_.JPG

IMAG0444_1_.JPG

AFTER:
dflower4.JPG

dflower3.JPG

dflower2.JPG

dflower.JPG

0531112133a_1_.JPG

Yes i know nice hack job right!!!
well whats done is done lets just smoke for the best ;)

Re my post #9

Clearly I am totally clueless and I am surprised my mother trusts me to go out of the house on my own.

Almost by definition a spiral looked at in 2-D profile describes a tube.

The rest of my post is accurate.

Sorry for the duff info.

P.S. I wrote this all on my own ( Nurse only helped me a little bit ).
P.P.S. Nurse says she hopes your plant that got cut is feeling better.

they are suprisingly doing alot better i think it only took a day for them to start percking back up. there getting greean again so will see what happens by next week on next tuesday ill have some newer clearer pics up on the ladies.

I am not as surprised as you. Like I said over on my journal plants can be amazingly resilient. I can hardly wait to see new pics next week You never know you may have come across a surprising new growth technique which will be named in your honour "The KingSativa Blitzkrieg Mass Defoliation Attack" :)

Sometimes electronic equipment works for me whllst treating others to dumb insolence. My wee sister's washing machine hadn't worked for 2 months so I had a look at it and it worked fine for me and I told her it was working now. What did you do she said. I looked at it, said I. No really, what did you do? I looked at it very sternly I told her. Now she doesn't know if I am an electronics genius or just mad. LOL

Best

lol that what be awesome my hopes one day is to make my own strain of some kill sativa and call it ViciousVic or KSK (kingsativa Kush)

Whats up fellow sativa lover I been growing NYC diesel for 2 yr. and by the end of flowering all of the fan leaves will fall off and the buds crown for weeks "weeks" they get bigger and bigger no leaves needed. also 24 to 36 hours in dark before flowering stretches the plant witch is OK if you now the space you will need and how much light power you have. If you do put them in the dark, add micro nutes and water. Finishing in the dark is recommended because their is not heat or light to damage the THC.

the strain I'm working on is a sativa for wake bake "Do me in the morning":bong:

finishing in the dark whats that mean?

Is that in the last 36 hours of flowering go into complete darkness?

and how do you like the NYCD?

Ive bee think about growing some autoflower NYCD?

and last Q:A
what do you prefer sour d or NYCD?

-KS

thanks for stopping by Stoner

Back
Top Bottom