1st Grow Thai Stick CFL & LED 340 Real Watts Soil With Gen Organics

what is your ph of your water and ppm going I use general organics my ppm is normally around 700 1400 if I double feed grown a variety of strains now never had and issu with nut burn.

I am not sure of the pH as GO states that pH does not need to be adjusted. I use bottled spring water at this point. I'll pH the water next time I water just because I should probably know it anyway. My ppms both times I added nutes were around 500-550. I have had a hard time with humidity being in the 30-40% range. Would like to see it over 50%.

Last watered them a little bit about 4 days ago. Only added about 16 ounces of plain water each in their 3 gallon pots. The next day they showed signs of drooping/overwatering. They were nice and dry prior to that. I think they are going to be ready for more water tomorrow or the next day. I'll probably feed them again at half strength (550ppm) with a little extra cal-mag. I'll be sure to correct for pH this time just because I can even though GO says no need.

Thanks!

Okay. Added another 40w CFL to the array and now have 8 total (4x 42w and 4x 40w). Not bad. Not bad. We'll see how this rolls. Still trying to find some pre-flowers. I need a scope. Just ordered one.

So, watered again yesterday. 2 quarts of nutes in water for about 980ppm this time with a skotch bit more cal-mag. Just because I was feeling it. Delivered the 2 quarts among the 4 plants. Was actually expecting drooping and burning today when I looked and all was good. Based on unwindingcarrs question, I pHed the nutes and found that it was way low. Like 3.5 low. Just for the hell of it, I added pH up to bring it to about 6.5. The plants seemed to take it well. Did some more LST'ing.

When I was screwing in my final CFL, the bulb dropped onto one of the plants cranking one of the branches. I taped it up with duct tape. We'll see. Advice, do not work on equipment above your plants. D-oh!

One of the plants. Looking good. They all look similar to this one.

IMG_421711.JPG

Still looking for pre-flowers.

IMG_421412.JPG

I think I have a small pre flower here, but I cannot make out if it's a male or female part. Need a scope. But there it is.

IMG_42218.JPG

And there we have it. Thoughts, comments, concerns? I also added a humidifier to the cab today. Been sitting around 22%. Wow. Way too low.

:Namaste:

Week 5 update,

So, these are now about 12 inches tall. I thought they would be growing quicker but I have suffered a couple set backs. Anyway, they seem to be wanting a lot more water and more nutes. Some leaves look like they are showing signs of a magnesium deficiency. The margins of a few of the lower leaves are yellowing and some stems are real streaky purple. So, I'll bump up my cal-mag a bit in my next watering tomorrow. Looks like I'm going to shoot for a full round of nutes from my GO Box at about 1000 ppm. They are growing well, all things considered. Here are some update photos...

Group:

IMG_424611.JPG

Thai A

IMG_424810.JPG

Thai B

IMG_424912.JPG

Thai C

IMG_42479.JPG

Thai D

IMG_42509.JPG

That's it for now. Thinking about changing to 12/12 tomorrow. What do you think?

Okay. My scope came today. It definitely looks like a male pre flower. Hard for me to get a photo through the scope, but here's a pick that I cropped a couple times. What do you think?

IMG_425312.JPG

Zoomed

IMG_425313.JPG

:hmmmm:

So, this is about 24 hours later. I have replaced the pallet bottom of my cab with a white styrofoam bottom. His instantly made the cab brother, much more reflective. So, after the watering and placing the plants back in yesterday, I came back today with a temperature of 91 degF!!!! FRICK! Crazy thing, the plants looked great like they just blew up and were totally uproot and reaching for the lights. This is the first time I ever really saw them so upright and alive looking. There was some very slight cupping of some of the leaves so I turned the heater down. Looks like with the solid floor, there is much less outside air exchange and the heat and humidity have a chance to do their thing. It was hard to keep the temps above 68-72. Now, no prob.

IMG_42559.JPG

Too soon to see about the mag deficiency. Still waiting. It might be me, but it looked like the yellow margins in some of the leaves were starting to return to normal, but I will still measure my run off next time I water and check pH more closely.

Just thinking, for Sativas, and growing under 2,700k lights, these aren't stretching much and are filling out quite well.... hmmmm... wonder what's going to happen when the lighting schedule changes to 12/12.

Looks like a male preflower to me, but it's like looking through beer bottle glasses. It's possible for one pollen sacks to form and no others due to stress. Especially in preflower stage. Your growth looks normal to me, just a little slow, it happens.. Keep an eye out for more pollen sacks, have you picked that one you found off?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Keep an eye out for more pollen sacks, have you picked that one you found off?

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Yeah. I picked it off. I'm going to call it a male for now. So, I went to transplant these plants into 5 gallon air pots except for the purported male. I will keep it on life support until the light switch to flowering Just to make sure. Looking through my new scope, it looks like two might just have female parts, and the third I could not locate any parts. I heard that females show later than males, So I'll put this one in the maybe female category. If they continue as I'm observing, this will make 1 male, 3 females.

:yahoo:

When transplanting, I took a PH of the runoff which was just about 7. I will try to lower the pH with subsequent waterings. The mag def that showed up has not resolved itself with extra cal-mag. Hopefully the slight lowering of the pH will help.

Also got some more toys. Tricontinol, Biocozyme, silica, and some recharge. Mostly for my coco auto fem purple haze, but I might shoot some on these too. They seem to be doing okay for now.

IMG_426510.JPG

IMG_426610.JPG

Happy to listen to any advice.

Week 5 update,

So, these are now about 12 inches tall. I thought they would be growing quicker but I have suffered a couple set backs. Anyway, they seem to be wanting a lot more water and more nutes. Some leaves look like they are showing signs of a magnesium deficiency. The margins of a few of the lower leaves are yellowing and some stems are real streaky purple. So, I'll bump up my cal-mag a bit in my next watering tomorrow. Looks like I'm going to shoot for a full round of nutes from my GO Box at about 1000 ppm. They are growing well, all things considered. Here are some update photos...

Group:

IMG_424611.JPG

Thai A

IMG_424810.JPG

Thai B

IMG_424912.JPG

Thai C

IMG_42479.JPG

Thai D

IMG_42509.JPG

That's it for now. Thinking about changing to 12/12 tomorrow. What do you think?

Don't flip the lights yet wait another 15 days of Veg and you will 10xs happier

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Don't flip the lights yet wait another 15 days of Veg and you will 10xs happier

So, 15 days from now, or when I put up the post you quoted? I just transplanted so I figured I would let them get used to their new home. Maybe let them go another week or 10 days. Don't want to let them get too big because I only have about 4 feet of vertical space left. Lol.

Cool you will much happier I used to Flip at 30 days and what a difference it makes in the quality the yield all around better smoke . Live-Love-Learn

***UPDATE***

I flipped the switch! Nervous and excited at the same time. Here's a photo of the three assumed girls. The fourth assumed boy is still around on life support until I can verify sex.

IMG_428511.JPG

Not too bad looking. One of them when I was watering today had a runoff ppm of 1200. This one shows to have a little nute burn. Not bad, but the runoff shows it.

Another update. I switched them last week and two of the four have shown sex. They are female. The one on life support is not definitive yet, and one other is not certain. However they both appear to be male based on the shape of their preflowers. I will let them both ride a bit more to make certain. But to be honest, I don't think my cab can handle more than two of these ladies. They are just getting too huge. I had to train them a bit. Here are some photos for your amusement. The ones with he bamboo ate the ones that have white hairs beginning to grow.

IMG_431211.JPG

IMG_431112.JPG

IMG_431318.JPG

IMG_431417.JPG

IMG_431515.JPG

IMG_431616.JPG

IMG_431715.JPG

*****UPDATE*****

So, the one I had on life support was indeed male. I killed it today. The one that I thought was the nicest looking, fullest, greenest, prettiest one of the bunch turned out to be male too. Here's a pic just before I killed him.

IMG_44036.JPG

So, with the last two Thai Stick females, and my two auto flower Purple Hazes i got rolling, this means I am down two plants from my legal limit. So, with that, I have started 2 more plants from Royal Queen. They are Royal Kush #1. New grow log to come.

For now, here are the final two Thai Sticks. I tried to pop a total of 6 seeds. Two did not germ, two were male, and two are here below. Notice the super cropping action....

IMG_44006.JPG

So, there we have it. 2 weeks into flower. I just fed them the full line of Gen Organics from the Go Box, and foliar fed with Jumpstart, Silica Si, Biocozyme, and a little more fish and kelp.

First time I ever twisted branches to hear them snap and crack. Good fun. It wasn't enought to simply squeeze a little and bend. They perked right back up in about an hour. I had to actualy snap and twist them to get them to stay down. Now I have a large section of the center totally exposed to the light. Should help the yeild quite a bit.

Okay. Did a little thinning and super cropping. Looking good for now. Still looks like I have a bit of magnesium deficiency. Will look into correcting that. Now running 450w of 40-42w CFLs of mixed spectrum 2,700k and 6,500k bulbs. Thanks for looking.

IMG_44308.JPG

IMG_443110.JPG

IMG_443213.JPG

IMG_443313.JPG

IMG_443411.JPG

Okay. Here is some more updates.

Day 21. These are looking pretty sweet. I have been watering in with the GO Box nutes based on the feeding schedule about once every nine days. In between I have been watering in with jumpstart, biocozyme, recharge, and armor si for silica. I have also been foliar feeding with this group as well. The ladis like the extra watts I added. 450 total now. Here are some photos.

They are stretching like a mo-fo'.

IMG_447412.JPG

IMG_447210.JPG

IMG_447312.JPG

IMG_447015.JPG

IMG_447116.JPG

And advice or comments are surely welcomed. Hell, even if you just wanted to say "nice job, dude!", i'll take it.

They're looking great
420-magazine-mobile867473036.jpg

I wasn't keeping track on time and kinda waiting for my ladies to be done too.

Beginning of Week 7 update. The two Thai Stick plants have been cruising right along. Cab temps around 80 with humidity real low. 20-25-%. Maintaining 450 true watts of 2,700k CFLs. Still 12/12. Been supplementing the GO Box line with the biocozyme, Jumpstart, silica, and recharge. Oh, also started Avalanche too. Buds are slowly getting bigger. No trichomes, not much of an odor at all. They are just cruising right along. Have to water every 2-3 days now. They were stretching like crazy, so you can see the evidence of supercropping. Word.

IMG_450312.JPG

IMG_450510.JPG

IMG_450610.JPG

IMG_45089.JPG

As always I welcome your feedback.

When I saw what seeds you were running, it took me back to 80s in OZ when I used to buy Thai sticks imported from Thailand that were actually tied to little bamboo sticks. I smiled when I saw you were using bamboo sticks for support.

Looking good :thumb:

They are definitely sativas; what's the expected flowering time on those?

Back
Top Bottom