1st Grow Thai Stick CFL & LED 340 Real Watts Soil With Gen Organics

They are definitely sativas; what's the expected flowering time on those?

Thanks Greengo. From what the breeder says, 12-14 weeks. I had to throw down some Purple Haze Autos just so I could have some smoke while these take their time. :laughtwo:

So, i have received a new light and pit the two ladies under a HPS 600w system. The buds are just thin whispy branches with pistols. No real caylexes coming from them. Branches, leaves, and white hairs. So I'm hoping this light will help the begin to bulk a little. Not sure if thats how they are naturally or what, but im sure the should form SOME sort of bud structure. We'll see. Still have a couple months.

IMG_45508.JPG

:Namaste:

It's amazing what a little bit of time does. Some of the buds are just beginning to fill in and crystalize a little. One of the Thai Sticks is very hungry for Nitrogen in this stage of flowering. I have been feeding both plants the same water. You can see it in this photo.

IMG_459012.JPG

The one on the right still has whispy, thin buds that are still not really filling out at all. We'll see how it keeps coming along. The box I have them in now makes it real hard to defoliate and thin out. I'm sure thinning it out may help a little.

IMG_458810.JPG

IMG_458913.JPG

IMG_459117.JPG

IMG_459217.JPG

So, that's where we are now. Any thoughts? They seem to like the 400w HPS better than the CFLs for sure. Need to hit the one with a little nitrogen boost, doncha think?

And here is a 4x4 custom grow tent I'm working on. It's going to have an open top and the light's going to be pinned to the ceiling of my basement. The tent is 5 feet tall and the ceiling is about 7' high.

IMG_457817.JPG

Update day 75. Still putting on weight. Been feeding some more of the GO Box bloom nutes, biocozyme, hawaiian bud, avalanche, silica, jumpstart, and some kelp. Put a little blood meal on there too to help with some of the yellowing leaves. Just a bit. 1/2 tsp. Ey have about 2-3 more weeks to go at least.

IMG_462415.JPG

IMG_462311.JPG

IMG_462513.JPG

I love to see you using Kelp... I have Kelp, worms. malted barley and bokashi to start my one outdoor plant. I have the white clover planted for ground cover. Just waiting for it to sprout a little higher.

I love to see you using Kelp... I have Kelp, worms. malted barley and bokashi to start my one outdoor plant. I have the white clover planted for ground cover. Just waiting for it to sprout a little higher.

Yeah. I'm slowly learning more about symbiotic planting. Really cannot grow anything outside until all my kids move out sometime next decade. For now gotta keep it indoor locked up. But even using naturally derived nutrients can help. Gonna learn more about how the geow cycles work, then look at soil Bio nutrition more.

Love the nitrogen fixing plants. Pretty flowers.

Yeah. I'm slowly learning more about symbiotic planting. Really cannot grow anything outside until all my kids move out sometime next decade. For now gotta keep it indoor locked up. But even using naturally derived nutrients can help. Gonna learn more about how the geow cycles work, then look at soil Bio nutrition more.

Love the nitrogen fixing plants. Pretty flowers.

Get "Teaming with Microbes" and "Teaming With Nutrients" by Jeff Lowenfels amazing books fairly cheap on Amazon.

Use can use the method indoors to. With the all natural Living Soul grows everything balances itself. Be the first season I am actually trying to get one plant 100% living soil. Then I will see where I go from there.

Okay, got the tent finished, it it's actually 1 food too tall for the space. There's some 12" ducting in the way. Gonna have to cut out a foot of height. No biggie. Just gonna take more time to get it finished.

For now, 14 weeks into flower and they are JUST now starting to look/smell good. Probably have another 3-4 weeks left.

IMG_468610.JPG

IMG_468711.JPG

IMG_468813.JPG

IMG_468911.JPG

IMG_469012.JPG

15 week into flower update. Not much change. Paint drying. For now I just started watering with only molasses and pHed water. Just started showing a little amber. The end is finally near.

IMG_47047.JPG

IMG_470612.JPG

IMG_471017.JPG

IMG_471115.JPG

IMG_471210.JPG

IMG_469812.JPG

IMG_469712.JPG

Week 17. I really believe this strain just down not want to finish on it's own. I changed the lights to 9/15 to help encourage it. The leaves are still slowly yellowing. I think this weekend I might take it down at week 18. The trichomes are pretty much mostly all cloudy with a little amber. Seems stuck here. I don't know how much more benefit I will get by leaving them age on the branch. We'll see.

Update: its been so long since these ladies started flowering, I lost track. I re-counted and found that this week is week 18. They are beginning to fox-tail. A few of the colas are so top heavy they are falling down so I had to stake them up. I'm trying a new technique where I am pinching the top of the fox-tail to see if they will fill out, similar to the back building technique you probably heard of. They still seem to need some more time. Any thoughts on that? Amber trichromes are barely visable, but they are almost all cloudy. The buds have been getting very thick, but very very light and airy as is typical for this strain. Some are 3-4 inches in diameter. I have confirmed with the breeder that these are indeed the classic Thai Landrace Strain. Cannot hardly wait for these to finish up!! Still watering with pH adjusted water and molasses.

IMG_479012.JPG

IMG_479112.JPG

IMG_479214.JPG

Thanks for looking. Peace, Aloha...

Pardon my English but those buds are fucking insane for a sativa... if the trichomes are not where you want push it... just be sure not to miss the point of no return where it goes to seed to save herself.... very very nice...

Looks good. I cut them down and dried them up. They are curing now in three 1/2 gallon mason jars an 4 quart sized mason jars. A lot of these buds are huge. Just huge. Once they are cured up I will post total weight and smoke report. Thanks everyone for the support.

420-magazine-mobile1105071130.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1606587496.jpg

420-magazine-mobile447647701.jpg

420-magazine-mobile803080349.jpg

Peace, Aloha!

Back
Top Bottom