1st grow Think Different yellow leaves

I don't test either never did and never will.

Whats your soil made up of. I see a fair amount of peat moss in there.

The PH thing comes into play with your water you're watering in with.

The soil microbes will regulate and the plant will work with those microbes and plants roots exude root exudate that the soil microbes trade for. The plants tell the microbes what nutrients the plant needs and the microbes in turn, trade those nutrients for root exudate.

Hand shake its a thing. A really important thing.

Here's the skinny.

Lots of growers try and skirt this natural process by feeding the plant instead of feeding the soil bacteria.

Results are what they are.

I'll stack up my organically grown weed to anyone's weed any time.

So back to your issue.

Likely your water your pouring in is creating a PH problem and your plants get locked out of the uptake because the soil microbes are out of whack. The plants roots and the microbes are in charge of the PH of the soil and it's a dynamic thing. It constantly changes depending on what the plant needs. Root exudate has a PH that is part of the signal to the soil microbes. If this signal gets out of whack due to poor or improper water PH everything is off.

So what I do is use Reverse Osmosis water. I have never had any PH issues and never test my water or my soil.

RO water will be 6.5 PH every time all the time. So we just eliminated one of the problems with growing in containers. Outdoors in a bed, the soil is massive and it's very very difficult to change soil PH with such a large buffer. In a small container its the reverse. VERY easy to get things out of whack.

You can take the easy way and use chemicals and feed the plant, or use filtered water and let the microbiome work with the plants the way nature intended.

Looks to me like you have a ph issue - usually that comes from the water you're using.

The fert growers will have you add yet more chemicals to "fix" your PH problem. You have a steep learning curve ahead of you in that regard.

Learn your inputs (all of them including water) and you have everything there in front of you. Much less steep learning curve.

There's that and also the genetics of the auto flowering plants are not the best. I get weird growth with a lot of them that I run. Need to be selective with your breeders. Not all of them spend the time required to create seeds that warrant that price tag.

"We're all busy learning on a learning curve." Jeb Puryear

Back
Top Bottom