1st Grow - Unknown Seeds - Comments & Suggestions Welcome!

Grnshawty

Hey everyone, newbie here. Thought ill start a grow journal to get some help on problems I may run into and mostly comments and suggestions u guys may have for me. Thanks

Time---1am (day 16)

Strain-----Unknown
Method-----Hydroponic
Location---Indoor/growbox
Medium----Rockwool, Clay pellets
Day since germination---seed 1 (day 5) seed 2 (day 16)
CO2---(1)sugar/yeast mixture (2) baking soda with slow drip vinegar (twice a week 45 mins exhaust off)
Lights---CFLs...23w 6500k...23w 6500k...23w 2700k...23w 6500k (veg.)
23w 2700k...23w 2700k...23w 6500k...23w 2700k (bloom)
Veg---7pm-1pm lights on
Flower---7pm-7am lights on

Air Circulation---- (2) 6in dual Xbox fans;1 breeze to plants (hanging just above plant height) other 1 to circulate CO2 (bottom of growbox)
Intake/Exhaust---(4) 4 inch pc fans; (2) intake fans with 1 in a light trap, (2) exhaust fans with 1 in a light trap
Temp lights on----85*
Temp lights off---75*
PH----5.7-6.0
Pest------None
Type Nutes---General Hydroponics

On seed 2 I gave a dose too much of Nutes (day 11), thought it was from heat stress because it gets a little hot in there and had plants 1 inch from lights...lowered plants 2 inches away from light left door open thru the nights on (day 12-day 14)...temp went from 85* (95* 1inch away from lights) - 78* (85* 1inch away from lights)....but day by day the problem was getting worst...and realize I troubleshot(if this is even a word...lol) it wrong that it was most likely to have been over fertilized...so on (day 15) 10:34 pm I emptied my reservoir, cleaned it out and put ph'ed water with .5ml of H2O2 in a gallon reservoir. I will flush system until (day 16) at 7pm. Which will be today...

Time---1:33am (day 16)

GROW SETUP
image1344.jpg

SEED 1
image1346.jpg

SEED 2
image1345.jpg

OVER FEEDING
image1343.jpg

(Day 5 & 16)

-emptied reservoir of ph'ed H2O+H2O2 and refilled reservoir with 1/4 tsp of grow,micro and bloom Nutes/gallon.

-mist plants with ph'ed H2O

-1/2tsp of yeast in CO2 generator

-reduced lights from 4 to 3 lights until plant 1 gets bigger 23w 6500k...23w 2700k...23w 6500k

image1369.jpg
-

(Day 6 & 17)

-baking soda with slow drip vinegar (45 mins exhaust off)

-ph from 6.4 to 5.9

-trimmed leafs that had nute burn

-
image1375.jpg
-

Seed 1 (Day 6) 1.5 inches

-
image1374.jpg
-

Seed 2 (Day 17) 2.5 inches

image1373.jpg

image1372.jpg
image1371.jpg
image1370.jpg

(Day 7 & 18)

-plant 2 (Day 18) was drooping like it was sad....i think it might of been this way due to me over misting it or root rot, cause my roots where a little on the brown side but wasnt sure if it was from my nutes, but just in case i drained the reservoir and filled it back up with ph'ed water + 2ml of H2O2 and flushed for 5 hours. thereafter i drained the reservoir again this time adding 5ml/gal of each nutes (grow,micro,bloom) + 10ml of H2O2. Also removed CO2 generator from growbox.

plant 2 (Day 18) wish i took pic of plant 2 when it was drooping but i was so concerned on my plant i acted fast not even thinking about taking a pic. but it is back and look healthy

DSC010865.JPG

plant 1 (Day 7) growing rapidly must be the H2O2

DSC010855.JPG

Roots after flush of plant 2 (Day 18)

DSC010898.JPG

(Day 9 & 20) - (Day 15 & 26)

Over the past week I have been dealing with issues with plant 1 & 2. It has been slow on growth and turning yellow at tips. So I tried to troubleshoot problem.

1. Nute burn; so I flushed with ph'ed water with 5ml H2O2... Problem still got worst.

2. Heat stress; from 1in-3in from light...problem still getting worse

3. PH; was correct...problem still getting worse

4. Nute definciecy; by this time I started to see some tips turn white, some curled upward, some had brown spots...during my research I found it to be most likely a Magnesium definciecy...the solution I found was to dissolve 1tsp/gal of Epsom salt in warm water and add to reservoir that is filled with ph'ed water...I did this for 1 day and it seemed to get better so then I went back to 1/4 strength Nutes and problems came back even worse. I was like "how could I still be getting a definciecy"...so I keep doing my research and come to find out my problem was in my water...The way the leaves are v'd up and getting the dead brown patches is Magnesium deficiency. The brown dots are Calcium deficiency. These 2 deficiencies usually run together when using tap water. Chlorine in it builds up sodium therefore locking out the Magnesium & Calcium.

Solution: Use Reverse Osmosis Water!

I decided to foliar spray, using 2tsp dissolved in warm reverse osmosis water ( I drenched both plants when foliar feeding)...and went back to 5ml/gal of each Nutes ( grow, micro, bloom)...the day after I foliar feed i misted plants with ph'ed water for the residue from foliar feeding to be absorbed...problem seems to be resolved as now I see new growth!

Mg & Ca Deficiency got the best of my plants

image1444.jpg
image1443.jpg

After applying my solution I began to see new growth again...FINALLY!!!

image1445.jpg
image1446.jpg

I honestly do not know why you fimmed ?

I would have focused on getting the plant healthy and vegged for 2-3 weeks more, all you have done now is put more stress on the plant.

Which means growth will continue to slow.

Using H202 so early is going to give you many issues imo.

Good job though with the Fimming.

:goodluck:

I honestly do not know why you fimmed ?

I would have focused on getting the plant healthy and vegged for 2-3 weeks more, all you have done now is put more stress on the plant.

Which means growth will continue to slow.

Using H202 so early is going to give you many issues imo.

Good job though with the Fimming.

:goodluck:

Thanks for the great input bushybro. Here's the reason I did what I did.

The only reason I did FIM was cause these are unknown seeds and I wanted to get some practice in before I getting my preferred choice of strain.

Also I kind of wanted it to slow down growth rate so maybe plant 1 can catch up in height...so while plant 1 catches up plant 2 will be recovering from stress and maybe the new growth branches will be ready to flower. So from this point on I will be vegging for 2-3 weeks.

Ok no more H2O2!

Thanks on the fimming compliment hope it was done correctly.

No stress man..

I think for your first grow.. your way ahead of yourself, i would slow it down and just concentrate on the growing basics.
Properly Veg without topping and /or fimming, will give you an understanding of hows plants grow and what they require in the vegetative stage.
Flowering is a lot harder and will take you years and years of practice, tinkering with different nutes and calibrating them with the correct equipment, takes time and patience.

In regards to H202 once its used in a grow you will have to carefully use it throughout the plant life.

It removes a lot of micro nutrients and beneficial bacteria, so even though you are flushing so you can start over fresh, what you are actually doing is making the grow significantly harder, and as its your first time you probably will not have all the available micro nutes or additives on hand to use - which you will have to add -

If this was my grow.. i would not feed them any nutes for a whole week just clean Ph corrected water, then in week 2 add a quater of what you have been using to let them slowly build up tolerance.

If you have a spare $30 buy a marijuana horticulture book.. The advice is always correct ;)

Back
Top Bottom