1st grow White Rhino - cfl / hps - help much appreciated

BIG PICTURE UPDATE

WEEK 8

12/12 - 9 days

PLANT D --- 18.5" tall - run off 6.2

one of the healthy 3, lovely big leaves but i fear that the lower leaves will not receive the light that they require ( pic 2 ). upper growth showing a light green colour on the edges of leaves ( pic 3 )

rsz_dsc_0692.jpg

rsz_dsc_0694.jpg

rsz_dsc_0698.jpg

rsz_dsc_0699.jpg

BIG PICTURE UPDATE

WEEK 8

12/12 - 9 days

PLANT E --- 18.5" tall - run off 6.2

again so many leaves shading others ( pic 2 ) - resulting in some leaves looking as they do in pic 3

rsz_dsc_0702.jpg

rsz_dsc_0709.jpg

rsz_dsc_0710.jpg

rsz_dsc_0719.jpg

ok this is where i need some help.......as you can see from the pictures below that i have run out of space in my growing tent (1mx1mx2m).

Picture 3 shows how plant growth overlaps each other.
Pictures 4 and 6 show one of the plants on a raised platform ( as suggested by a friend ) to hopefully minimize shading. The only problem is that the light has to be raised so burn does not occur, but that means that some of the plants will not receive full light intensity.
Pictures 5 and 7 clearly show that the plants need more space, with the leaves curling against the wall.
Pictures 8 and 9 show all 5 spaced with the fan in place. there is no more room and im not sure what to do to ensure a maximum yield.

is a fan still needed at this stage ?? should it be used till the very end ??

any growers of the rhino out there that could give me some advice as to what to do with these fat boys ??

rsz_dsc_0735.jpg

rsz_dsc_0739.jpg

rsz_dsc_0744-1.jpg

rsz_dsc_0745.jpg

rsz_dsc_0746.jpg

rsz_dsc_0748.jpg

rsz_dsc_0750.jpg

rsz_dsc_0751.jpg

rsz_dsc_0752.jpg

ok this is where i need some help.......as you can see from the pictures below that i have run out of space in my growing tent (1mx1mx2m).

Picture 3 shows how plant growth overlaps each other.
Pictures 4 and 6 show one of the plants on a raised platform ( as suggested by a friend ) to hopefully minimize shading. The only problem is that the light has to be raised so burn does not occur, but that means that some of the plants will not receive full light intensity.
Pictures 5 and 7 clearly show that the plants need more space, with the leaves curling against the wall.
Pictures 8 and 9 show all 5 spaced with the fan in place. there is no more room and im not sure what to do to ensure a maximum yield.

is a fan still needed at this stage ?? should it be used till the very end ??

any growers of the rhino out there that could give me some advice as to what to do with these fat boys ??

rsz_dsc_0735.jpg

rsz_dsc_0739.jpg

rsz_dsc_0744-1.jpg

rsz_dsc_0745.jpg

rsz_dsc_0746.jpg

rsz_dsc_0748.jpg

rsz_dsc_0750.jpg

rsz_dsc_0751.jpg

rsz_dsc_0752.jpg

Whoooooooooa! u got a lotta bushy madness goin on there :cheer: I would definitly recommend using a fan all the way through, i'd say you need the fan more during flowering to help keep air moving under and over your canopy to reduce the chance of mold. Recirculation of air is always a good thing :) Maybe you could raise the fan on to something? or hang it from the top(idk tossin out ideas;))? You can trim the lower 1/3 of the plant(but for your next grow try and do it at least 5-7 days before switching to 12/12). What are you feeding her currently?
Otherwise lookin reeally really healthy. :goodjob: :popcorn:

cheers guys - will try moving the intake fan and the oscillating tower fan nearer the top of the tent. feeding them on the biocanna range, currently using flores,boost and rhizo. planning to use some pk13-14 in the final feeding week.

Sullymonster, your plants are looking fantastic! Looks like good genetics too. I will add that strain to the long list of "strains I wanna try and grow someday". Can't wait to see them fill out and swell up.

thanks mate - yep this is a really nice strain, i think its parents are white widow / white shark. i remember going mad for the rhino in amsterdam in early 2002.....hope it lives up to the memory.

the girls are looking better, i was just worried about the space. it looks as if rotating is the way in such a small area......i wish i had bought the 1.2m tent now. but im sure if i had that then i would be wanting the 1.6m and so on!! if i manage to pull of 5 indica plants in my 1m i will be very happy as i don't think i will ever want to grow any more.

your long list of strains that you want to try one day must rival santas list
!! :peace:

guys is it to late to prune the bottom say 10cm now that ive gone 12/12 ??
would this harm the plant ??
why is this best done say a week before going 12/12 ??

thanks

guys is it to late to prune the bottom say 10cm now that ive gone 12/12 ??
would this harm the plant ??
why is this best done say a week before going 12/12 ??

thanks

Sully,
I am 2-1/2 weeks into 12/12 and just pruned mine for the first time. Nothing crazy. I just took any leaves that were not 100% healthy, anything that was laying in the dirt, and anything that hung lower that the rim of the pot. You want to leave as many healthy leaves as possible. They are the food source for the plant. Think of them as a solar powered food processing factory.

thanks mate - when pruning are just the leaves removed or the entire branch from stem ?? will probably give it a prune on the next feed

also screwnuts whats best to prop the ladies higher ?? i was thinking of maybe some little stools so that there is space between the legs for the plants on the lower ground to grow through....

WOW! Those looke like Tunes' Mona Lisa, I hope you get your pH prob. under control. I

ha !! thats quite an honor to be compared with tunes 'fat mamma'. i think and hope my ph problems are in the past, watering tomorrow so will try to raise the ph of those plants with a ph lower than six

you can trim off the lower branches (whole branch) that dont receive light and wont produce and significant buds, they are sucking energy and food from your real nugs up top. anything that isnt getting light and producing is just wasting. also helps alot for air circulation thru and around the plant, good for it to breathe

i believe you dont want to trim or prune much right before and durring flower due to stressing her too much and causing her to hermie

they are looking nice tho,

thanks rc51 - feeding the lasses tomorrow so will remove anything that looks feeble, i will not go wild though as really do not want to stress the plants and set back my flowering.

Humidity problems

having a little trouble keeping the humidity down. so far today it has ranged from 53% to 71% in 10 hrs. thinking of purchasing a dehumidifier tomorrow.....what other options are there ?? also as space is a premium, these so called compact dehumidifiers are to large for my tent, what do you guys make of this one

B&Q Cloakroom Dehumidifier 300ml, 0000005226771

it looks as if it can be hung or tied somewhere and is not limited to be used on the floor. is the tank big enough ?? don't mind having to empty it daily if needed.
:peace:

Re: Humidity problems

having a little trouble keeping the humidity down. so far today it has ranged from 53% to 71% in 10 hrs. thinking of purchasing a dehumidifier tomorrow.....what other options are there ?? also as space is a premium, these so called compact dehumidifiers are to large for my tent, what do you guys make of this one

it looks as if it can be hung or tied somewhere and is not limited to be used on the floor. is the tank big enough ?? don't mind having to empty it daily if needed.

does anyone have any feedback regarding the dehumidifier ??

Re: Humidity problems

any ideas regarding the humidity problem ?? really wanted to purchase one today - cheers

Humidity should not be a problem yet. Unless you don't have much of air circulation, I would suggest getting one for the flowering stage, I have a humidifier keeping my closet around 55% RH and have read that humidity will make the plant grow vigorously in veg. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but I am only on my second indoor grow so maybe someone from grow support can help out.

Hope that helps some and keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom