1st grow : white widow & easy sativa

bigbudz24

so i got 2 plants going right now about 3-4 weeks old right now. i got them from my brother in small 1 quart containers so i just transplanted them into 3 gallon buckets i got from home depot. my lighting system in 10 cfl's eight 27 watt's, one 25 watt, and one 14 watter. i made reflectors for the lights out of soda cans and they are hanging at about 3-5 inches from the plant tops. after transplanting i watered them quite a bit to help settle the soil and get them into thier new home. the easy sativa seems to be taking quite a liking to it seeing as she (i hope) didnt even stop growing from the transplant or the over watering. the widow on the other hand hasn't grown much if at all in a day or two now. leaves on both of the plants are curling downwards a little im assuming from the over-watering i did. any who here are some pics so far :-D

491F4FB40002026100000E382216566276CBCD9D0E9B9C0207010C_2_.jpg

491F4FAA000421AD00000D8C2216566276CBCD9D0E9B9C0207010C.jpg

this is the widow side and top shot

491F4FAA000421AD00000D8C2216566276CBCD9D0E9B9C0207010C_2_.jpg

491F4F7D000AF23600000A842216566276CBCD9D0E9B9C0207010C.jpg

this is the easy sativa side and top shot

491F4F7D000AF23600000A842216566276CBCD9D0E9B9C0207010C_2_.jpg

and a family shot.

oh i forgot to mention i fed them a very small dose of maxi crop sea tea that i mixed with water in a 1 gallon jug. dont know if it even did anything lol i also have some 3-1.25-1.25 grow nutes that i am going to use next watering. well thats all for now any advice or input would be awsome! smoke on :ganjamon:

Thanks man, I hope everything goes well with this. (btw what causes the leafes of the plants to curl downwards? i dont have my canabis gro bible or i would be able to look. is it ph or over-watering? im just worried about them lol)

Hi there and goodluck with your grow friend!
regarding
i dont have my canabis gro bible or i would be able to look
you do actually thanks to all the good peoples time and effort posting information for people like you and me here,all you have to do is search for it :grinjoint:
best regards creamm :peace:

haha well that is very true. i meant i didn't have my handbook at my side but this is jst as good if not better ;D

so i just looked at my babies and it looks like some of th leaves on the widow plant have some brown splotching. its only on the bigger older leaves and the new growth doesn't have it. is that anything to worry about?

haha well that is very true. i meant i didn't have my handbook at my side but this is jst as good if not better ;D

so i just looked at my babies and it looks like some of th leaves on the widow plant have some brown splotching. its only on the bigger older leaves and the new growth doesn't have it. is that anything to worry about?

Man,same here!Only on one leaf though,from my biggest widow.

thats strange i wonder what it is. let me do some looking around and see what i can dig up. if i find anything i'll post on your journal

the splotching seems to have spread a little on the widow and the newest leafs on the easy sativa have folded back together. anyone know what that means? i am plann ing on giving them a shot of 3-1.25-1.25 grow nutes next watering but only if things are looking better. i thought about it and i think the splotching could be from misting the leaves with tap water or it is from the soda can reflectors i made, so i took the reflectors down and im going to start watering and mixing nutes with distilled water from now on to se if that helps anything. what do you all think? any advice or wisdom? thanks!

How often are you watering? It sounds like over-watering to me. It would be nice to have some new pics or the browning too. It could be nute burn or your lights may be too close. Do you have a fan on them? What's your temperature in there? Sorry for all the questions ;-)

i have only watered them once since getting them and that was after transplanting to help them settle in. the lights are about 3-5'' away and the temp im not sure about but i would geuss its around 75-78 or so i have a fan blowing on them for a few hours a day and generally leave it on overnight. here are some pics of the browning and the folding

49210FDD0001FF5C000065622216525806CBCD9D0E9B9C0207010C.jpg

49210FDD0001FF5C000065622216525806CBCD9D0E9B9C0207010C_3_.jpg

thats the browning i was talking about

49210FDD0001FF5C000065622216525806CBCD9D0E9B9C0207010C_2_.jpg

and thats the easy sativas leaves that sort of folded back up like they just came out or something (sorry for the blurry pictures, my phone is all i have right now :(

hi im pretty new at this but the leaves folding back i had the same issue when i grew my white widdow last grow but found i was down to the room being too hot, so i had the fans on constant and misted the leaves too cool down plant next day plant was happy and healthy again hope this helps

thanks for the tip superblade, i let the fan run all night and raised th lights off of them and it seems like the folding has gone down some and might be getting better. the widow doesnt seem to be getting any better though, some of the leaves that are affected by the splotching are now twisting some and i know that that can be a ph issue. i dont have the best ph meter in the world but when i test the soil it looks like its around 7. im not sure what to do about the widow if it keeps getting worse and i cant figure it out it might end up dead :-/ and that is no good

hey i could really use some help on this problem with my widow plant. i've been looking around and cant quite put my finger on it, i think it is either rust or it is a nutrient problem but i need someone else to help me out on this or its going to die i think. please help a newbie first timer out >_< lol thanks (sorry to sound desperate but im pullin my hair out worrying over it)

thanks for any help you guys can offer i know your all a wealth of knowledge

ok so i got some advice and i am spraying them with a baking soda and water solution to hopefully end the rust problem i have on the white widow plant. so in a few days i'll see if its doing better or still getting worse and go from there

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom