rsz_100_05331.jpg

rsz_100_0534.jpg

rsz_100_0535.jpg

rsz_100_0536.jpg

rsz_100_0537.jpg

rsz_100_0538.jpg

rsz_100_0539.jpg

rsz_100_0540.jpg

Had an issue yesterday that cause a huge ph drop. Basically this is what it comes down to. My airstones were being snuffed out by the roots, causing a huge ph drop as well as a stagnating of the res water. Added another dual line airpump, two splitters, and 4 small pellet style airstones. Today, ph is normalized, water looks and smells much better, and there is plenty of bubble action on the surface.

This is something that anyone growing a DWC setup, especially one where you have run out of space like me, should be on the lookout for.

Gigabud has perked back up, and I am again hopeful that I'll be able to flower her.

Again, many thanks to Pan and Ms. Fox...they have made me look like I know what I'm doing.

Lucky bastard...you'll be smoking on that weeks before mine are done. Those sativa strains are just now even making buds.

Yeah, I think I may keep a perpetual harvest of these AFs going. Been trying to talk myself into growing some Double Diesel Ryders, and I think I'm going to. The femmed AFs always seem to be in short supply, so I should probably go ahead and get them while the getting good. Even if I don't grow them right away, nothing wrong with having them for later.

No problem at all! I'm glad my idea worked. How hard was it to put the mini airstones into the root mass?I think more people could use this idea for sure, and thank you so much for trusting my opinion. I know, if I had thought about doing this before when I was having all the issues with hydro, I would have come out on top. The more air to the roots the better! I am just so tickled that it worked! I just can't explain it! Is there anything you would change to the process?

No problem at all! I'm glad my idea worked. How hard was it to put the mini airstones into the root mass?I think more people could use this idea for sure, and thank you so much for trusting my opinion. I know, if I had thought about doing this before when I was having all the issues with hydro, I would have come out on top. The more air to the roots the better! I am just so tickled that it worked! I just can't explain it! Is there anything you would change to the process?

It wasn't really that hard to insert the stones, just had to be very careful to not hurt the roots. All that is required is a bit of care.

As far as changing anything, not a thing...you nailed it right on the money. A very simple fix to a potentially devestating situation. All DWC growers need to now about this, You can't overdo air!

Morning all...I'll be putting up some pics later, but just wanted to post this now. Been watching one plant very closely for the last few days. Last night, I put a leaf under the microscope and saw that the trichs were about 80% milky with 10% clear and 10% just starting to show some hints of amber. So I finally did it...I cut a nug that the leaf came from, quick dried it and packed a bowl for me and the missus. Guys and girls, my hands were shaking.

Anyhow, can't say much for the taste, but the high...oh my lord. Gave about a 30-40 min up high...couldn't stop talking or laughing...then came the body stone...It hit like a wrecking ball, and then kept creeping. Put me on the couch for two and a half hours in a state of relaxation that was almost narcotic. The missus went to sleep...deeply asleep. This smoke, when properly dried and cured, is going to be worth all the work...hell, it's worth all the work now, and it's just going to get better with drying and proper curing.

Just call this a preliminary smoke report.

Well here's a pic of a cola that may come down today or tomorrow...haven't decided yet. There are more pics in my gallery if you want to look. I'm thinking this may be a nice entry in the Bud of the Month contest, what do y'all think?

rsz_100_0542.jpg

rsz_100_0542.jpg

Can't get a good pic of the whole cola...that's about 2/3 of it.

Very nice indeed SouthernWeed.:smokin:
I would let it go a little longer if you can check the tric's and see if they are all cloudy and have amber's.;)
+rep if I can
:nicethread:

Pan4

Will do Pan. This plant is about a week in front of the rest, so I can let it roll for about another week and then cut alot off each plant at once, then let the lower budsites get some direct light and cut them a bit later. Waiting...it sucks...lmao!

Day-um.....seems your learning to be a real pimp with them there ladies.

Thanks Janx...I'm very pleased with how they are looking. Two of the 4 have grown out second colas. One is going to end up a budstick, it's showing an entirely different pheno, but I still expect to get close to an oz of of it...wouldn't be suprised at all to get 45-50 grams each from the other 3.

Order a good scope for $20. It should be there before you really need it, Southern. I drove 3 hours away to buy my new light and walked out of the store...forgetting my damn scope. lol So don't feel too bad.

I paid 13 bucks for a 30-60x lighted scope at Radio Shack...works great! It's how I knew that my trichs were 80% milky...10% amber and 10% clear...the downside to back to back posts is sometimes folks miss the first one...lol!

Back
Top Bottom