1st Hydro - LED Grow With Crop King White Widow From Seed

I'm in, tho given I'm a 1st timer I'll probably learn more than help here :)

looking like you have all the right makings for a nice setup; that's for sure!

Welcome aboard cogreen. It is a learning process so hopefully we will both learn tons from our grow.

Welcome aboard cogreen. It is a learning process so hopefully we will both learn tons from our grow.

man it must be exciting waiting for your new beans to arrive now that you have the system set up! What method are you going to use to germ them? Any autoflowers for buds in 2 months?

Vlad

man it must be exciting waiting for your new beans to arrive now that you have the system set up! What method are you going to use to germ them? Any autoflowers for buds in 2 months?

Vlad

LOL. It is not very exciting at ALL! Your so mean. But your lady looks great Vlad. I have looked at your last picks like 3 or 4 times. One of the biggest reasons for this grow, is I was so jealous of all the outstanding grow journals and got tired of just dreaming about it. :)

:yahoo:
My beans arrived from Crop King today! well about an hour ago. I have one bean soaking in water now for 40 minutes. I will let it soak all night and wait for it to crack open. I will then place it in a quick start plug and place in the germination tray until large enough to be transferred to the dwc buckets. I decieded to just pop one and clone from it. I have already ordered a cloner so that will be here in plenty of time. I will also soak the plug in water with a little bit of the Canna Start supplement. I was told that this will help with seedling development.

I still do not have the tent yet. It is still scheduled to be here on Thursday. That is the piece before I can build the grow space. Also when I went to put the filters and fans together they did not have the flang or the clamp. So, kind of frustrated by that. It is no biggie as the hardware store is 3 miles away. So I will update when rhe seed pops.

ok so it has been 3.5 hours since i put my bean in a cup of water. It has finally sunk to the bottom with a little poke from me. The video on Crop King Seeds showed it at 2 hours. So every 30 minutes from the 2 hour point I have been pushing the bean down, but it kept coming back up. Now it is on the bottom of the cup. :)

Hopefully tomorrow it will crack and can go in the germinating tray.

I basically started DWC on my own back in 2001. Never used top feed and had great grows almost from the first. Get me in a pile of dirt and I mess it up half the time and get half the yield with the rest.

My hat's off to those guys that can get such great results with organics. :)

I've shared my pot with a few organic growers and they really like it compared to any street hydro they've smoked. They like how smooth it tokes and no chem taste. Very light grey ash and looked like theirs after toking. The secret is the long, slow dry I do, Last crop took 3 weeks to be dry enough to put in jars and burp for a month before it was dry enough to smoke. Very fussy to do and great danger of mold but when it goes good the pot is so much nicer. 3 months cure is really good.

The hardest part of growing is waiting on the plants to do their thing and get some buds to trim! lol Want to kick them in the ass sometimes.

L8r

3 months cure is really good.
Golden info for bud smokers. I might save some of the bud and try this. I'm more of a hash guy myself, I've never gotten mold to take hold of my delicious hash.

Bama:
Sinking beans are a sign of good things to come.

If I ever go to the USA, I'm going to leave everything behind and order some stealth shipped autoflower beans. Arriving in a plane is basically like some kind of crime screen that gets people picked off too easily so I could never bring any delicious hash with me : (
Shame on airlines for allowing the greedy government do this to their friendly flyers >: (

I'd rather save up and buy my own airplane! That's how the pros take their smoke with them ;)

Vlad

I'm also into lpa,drft,nft,ebb and flow,drip,wick,(which is being a pain in my ass,struggling to fing a good wicking material),water culture, deep water culture, and any variants of these. Any help on back up systems and how to get them incorporated is needed to

I basically started DWC on my own back in 2001. Never used top feed and had great grows almost from the first. Get me in a pile of dirt and I mess it up half the time and get half the yield with the rest.

My hat's off to those guys that can get such great results with organics. :)

I've shared my pot with a few organic growers and they really like it compared to any street hydro they've smoked. They like how smooth it tokes and no chem taste. Very light grey ash and looked like theirs after toking. The secret is the long, slow dry I do, Last crop took 3 weeks to be dry enough to put in jars and burp for a month before it was dry enough to smoke. Very fussy to do and great danger of mold but when it goes good the pot is so much nicer. 3 months cure is really good.

The hardest part of growing is waiting on the plants to do their thing and get some buds to trim! lol Want to kick them in the ass sometimes.

L8r

That is the difference between somebody doing things for money and somebody doing things the right way. I beleive that you have to follow the process and gain a certain level of experience to be able to produce something special. Well done on you for having gotten to that point! I hope that with your's and a lot of other people's help, I can also get to that point one day. Thanks for your time and help buddy.

Bravo to you man 3 months shit for me within a month its gone:rofl:
well maybe longer but nothing lasts for 3 months curing around here :rofl:

So I put 4 seeds in a cup of water and all 4 sank to the bottom. I have just put them in the starter cubes and have the humidty dome on them. I soaked the cubes in water with 1ml of the canna start supplement. So I shall say today is the start of the grow. :yahoo: Time will tell how much my over thinking and paying will pay off. :)

p.s. I first ordered some beans from a company I thought was a sponsor here. I later found out they were not. I felt dumb as hell. So that was three weeks ago. I had placed a large order of beans cause I wanted to have extra if I needed it and I could not decide what I really wanted. However after 2 weeks I still had no tracking number and was getting the run around from the customer support person. So I finally sent them an email yesterday after I received my beans from Crop King. I got an email back from them today that my order has reshipped and was given a tracking number and will probably get them in a week. I just want to say that if anybody is considering ordering from Crop King, do not hesitate to do so. They were awesome from the beginning and it only took 5 work days to receive my order. They are awesome. The other seed bank had a much larger selection of beans, but in my opinion, they suck. PM me if you would like to know who I am talking about and I will gladly tell you so that you do not waste your money with those Gorilla's.

p.s.s. Another note about Crop King seeds. I order 5 of the ww and 5 of the purple kush. I received 7 of each. You really can not ask for more from a business; Easy informative website, great customer support, follow through on promises of service, and they go above and beyond to provide value. Love those guys. I am in no way employed, or compensated by them. Just my honest assessment of the company.

Good news Bama, I'm glad CK worked out for you! I would like to know more about "stealth" shipping though... There is an art to it that I have yet to see in our non-private world.

Vlad

I can tell you that I was impressed with their solution to stealth. My beans came inside of a cheap electrical component. So when/if it is scanned, only the electrical item shows up. Also remember the sheer volume of parcels being screened at customs. If you still have questions email them or chat with them. I personally use a tor browser and a vpn. That is just me. Some may be more paranoid some may be less. I have to say that unless you are trying to take over a market, a small order of beans will probably not raise an eyebrow.

ok I am subscribed to like 11 journals on here. Learning tons and reading them daily sometimes multiple times a day. I would like to know why nobody is using a scrog method? Is this a bad idea, labor intensive, or just stupid? It is my intention to use this method along with cropping and lst. I am biting off more than I can chew with this or just being a noob about my first grow? Anyone got any opinions on training let me know please.

Somebody say ScroG?

I just happen to have 2 plants about 2 weeks into flowering in ScroG.

They are in 4gal pots of ProMix but I've done DWC ScroG as well.

Double your yield easy, not hard to do, keep your plant count down if numbers need to be limited and perfect for those with more horizontal space than vertical. Not to mention that you keep the canopy dead level and don't have to figure out a support system for holding up branches laden with phat colas.

The first one I did was DWC with one plant heavy on the sativa side that yielded just a bit short of 8 oz of bud and 5 oz of frosty sugar trim. It went hermie about 8 weeks into a 13 weekd flowering cycle so the yield was easily a couple oz short. The bud weight was shorter than most people's would have been because I trim in real tight to get all the sugar out for kief and oil.

This is them here in my ghetto grow room. The DWC plant isn't tied into the screen and is covering the left side so the plant that's growing from the front pot is mostly covered up by it. It had basically died from massive shock and root death but after a couple weeks off to the side began showing signs of life so I tidied her up and moved her in close. I have 2 - 400W lights on them. A brand new EYE Hortilux Super HPS and a not so old SolarMax. Wish I had a controller for CO2 'cause I have a full tank of gas sitting here. I'd set that room up to run at 90F with 1500ppm CO2 and rock those buds!

All those plants are at least 10 months old and the potted ones sat around on 1/4 rations since last Xmas. The DWC one is a NL#5 X LR1 and is a reveg. All those pots in that tub had up to 5 seeds put in them for an experiment to find autos from F1 seeds that were the LowRyder1 x 4 regular strains. Didn't go so well with a Purple Jem blowing it's load in there and knocking up all the girls. :)

GhettoGrow01JPG.jpg

L8r

Bama if you're willing to consider SCROG alternatives, I might suggest you checkout "mainlining". Google for "nugbuckets mainlining" and you should find a great tutorial.

Although I have zero experience, I've read mainlining is an alternative to SCROG which can be very effective if done properly. As I understand you spend some "up-front" time on the training, but once done the longer term maintenance is low (e.g. IIRC SCROG is an on-going task). I believe it does add some time to your veg, but most of what I've read says its well worth it.

Note -- if you consider mainlining best to check if your strain(s) train well (some don't).

I've been following a journal on here which is using mainlining. See [1].

I'm planning to try mainlining and this is my 1st grow. I'm sure I've bitten off too much for a first timer, but hey, no guts no glory ;)

Happy growing dude!

[1] MassMedMan's Perpetual Mainline

Somebody say ScroG?

All those plants are at least 10 months old and the potted ones sat around on 1/4 rations since last Xmas. The DWC one is a NL#5 X LR1 and is a reveg. All those pots in that tub had up to 5 seeds put in them for an experiment to find autos from F1 seeds that were the LowRyder1 x 4 regular strains. Didn't go so well with a Purple Jem blowing it's load in there and knocking up all the girls. :)
GhettoGrow01JPG.jpg

L8r

lol. Well don't get mad at him. Surrounding him with sexiness then expecting nothing to happen just ain't natural! :)

Back
Top Bottom