1st Indoor Grow 600W Blue Cheese Journal

Sj413

hey guys I'm new to this forum and also new to growing indoors.. I've done a fair bit of research and am feeling pretty confident, in saying that i am always open to advice and appreciate and tips/info throughout this journal

i have a grow roof of roughly 2m x 1m x 1.8m with a 600w mh

my plan was to grow blue cheese so i got some fem seeds and began to germinate 8 of them,
after 48hrs only 5 had popped so i put them in solo pots... anutha 24hrs later the remaning 3 still showed no signs of popping so i decided to germinate anutha 5 seeds. these were random freebies i got with blue cheese they included sweet black angel,cream mandarine,sweet cheese and green poison. after anutha 24hours i noticed that the remaining blue cheese seeds had popped along with the random seeds so i now have 10 in total which is prob a bit much for the size of my room but ill sees how it goes!

it has been 5 days now since i planted the 1st seeds and all 10 have sprouted and are doing well

1 issue i have is that my tap water ph level is about 7.0 and the ph in soil at moment is about 7.2, i have used ph down in my water and made it to around 6.0 will this eventually bring the ph of my soil down or do i need to take other measures?

i started light about 50cm away and have moved down to around 30cm, i have a fan blowing just below the build and room temp is around 72

here are a couple pics 4 days after the 1st seeds sprouted, will keep updating pics every week!
IMG_098618.jpg
IMG_099018.jpg
IMG_098921.jpg
IMG_098824.jpg

Nice to see you putting your grow here on 420mag. My ? would be is what kind of soil are you using? I always aim for 6.5 on run off of soil.

Cheers mate, im usuing terrazilla premium growing mix, got
It from a local hydro shop here they recomended it. Yea i tested the runoff at about 7.0, should i be worried about the soil ph at the moment or wait untill i start feeding nutes in a week or so?

Try not to adjust Ph more then .2 at a time. You will make your plants sick. Do it very slow. So if you got it at 6.0 right now then very slowly bring it to 6.5. Yes you want to get your soil stable at 6.5 run off then you will know what it takes without nute to get your water right. Then when you start adding nutes you can check run off and slowly adjust from there.

Sorry original post was a typo, the soil ph at the moment is about 7.0 so i need to bring it down... Will watering it with plain water with a ph of 6.0 bring the soil ph down? Cheers

It should bring it down. Just get it to 6.5 slowly. Do not do big adjusts all at one time. You will shock plants. I will check back on your grow latter today. I am going to go it the sack, It is 4 am here. I wish you the best.

just a quick update, inter watering with a low ph water it has brung my soil level down to a 7.0 with 6.5 runoff so should be good at the moment plants are just over a week old now and are growing well. 1 of the plants leaves were a bit deformed when it come out of seed and is growing slow but will see how it goes on its first set of true leaves... question iv got foe you guys is when shud i do first transplant? they are already showing signs of roots coming out the holes in bottom is now a good time or is it too early? here are a few progress foots
IMG_099419.jpg
IMG_099517.jpg
IMG_099620.jpg
IMG_099917.jpg
IMG_099819.jpg
IMG_099718.jpg

hey guys just another quick update on grow, the seedlings are just on 2 weeks now and are growing well, besides the original one that i had problems with is struggling a bit but will continue to see how it goes. i have just repotted into 200mm pots and started feeding them nuts yesterday... i have mixed up 1/4 strength my question for you guys is do i feed nuts every time or do i feed nutes/plain water/nutes and so on? also how long before i change the mix to half strength? and advice on this would be appreciated

anyway here are a few progress pics.. i have moved the light to about 20cm and have the fan blowing just under the bulb so temp at canopy is still about 70degrees

let me know war you guys think.. cheers

IMG_100222.jpg
IMG_100323.jpg
IMG_100422.jpg
IMG_100517.jpg
IMG_100624.jpg

Looking great man. Keep it up. Smart move to only add 1/4th of nutes to your feeding to prevent any burning. What type or nutes are you using? I personally feed every watering, but that's with Earth Juice organic nutes watering once every 6-7 days. I like to make sure my soil is almost completely dry before watering, checking moisture by dipping my finger in the soil up between the first and second knuckle and picking up the pot to check for weight. If it's dry and light, time for water. So far, that method hasn't let me down.

I'm using growzilla organic nutes, guy at hydro shop highly recommended it... however this morning i woke up to find one of the plant had got yellow spotting on it as foot shows, any idea what this could be? i thought maybe mute burn but at only 1/4 strength I'm not sure...

after doing a bit more research i decided to f.i.m some of the plants to grow them bushier and create more colas. i have just pinched of between 3rd and 4th node as shown in fotos, wat are you guy thoughts on this?

hey guys anutha update on grow... come to realise that the small shed i had to grow in was not guns be big enough for 10 plants so i sacked up a bigger grow area about 3 times the size! heaps more room to move around in there now its great... plants are doing well its between week 3 and 4 now and they have started to take off, fimming them slowed them down a bit but they hav grown back with 2-4 shoots each so I'm happy. my question is to you guys is my 600w mh light enough for 10 plants or do i need more light? i was think maybe getting some fluro lights on the sides? il see how they go over the next week or so...

also the roots have started coming out the bottom again, war would be the final pot size i would transfer them in to for flower? i was looking at 10l pots, I'm thinking of switching the lights to 12/12 at 6 weeks but il see how they're looking then

any advice/comments welcome
IMG_103615.jpg
IMG_104119.jpg
IMG_104021.jpg
IMG_103717.jpg
IMG_103821.jpg
IMG_103919.jpg
IMG_104217.jpg

Depends on what type of growing method you want to conquer. For a SOG, the 600w may be just enough in a tight space, but it looks like you moved to a bigger space so I'd recommend getting some extra lighting. I'd say you're ready to transplant them into their final home. A good rule of thumb for transplanting into bigger pots is 1 foot per 1 gal of space. It's not entirely accurate, but gives you a good estimate of what to shoot for when deciding how big you want your plants to go.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom