1st Indoor Grow - 9 Strains - Eek!

It wouldn't be Granny's journal without some pics, so here goes!!!

I wanted to highlight the last G13 Haze before I harvest her. For me, this strain has been a true pleasure to grow. It doesn't get too tall and grows bud all the way down each stem, forming super-long colas. You can't see this real good in images cuz the lower leaves hide the lower buds - but that one pic captured it pretty good. Here it is again...
Apr4-G13Haze-17inchCola.JPG

When I clean this last G13 haze, I'm gonna clean the fan leaves and take pics of all the colas laid out with the measuring stick.

There are actually 4 large colas on this plant and 3 smaller. Don't know if you can see this good, but below is a pic of the whole plant...
Apr4-G13Haze-23inchTall.JPG

The next pic is real true to life for color and what the colas look like... they *glisten* in the light...
Apr4-G13Haze-ColasGlisten.JPG

And we'll keep gettin' closer...
Apr4-G13Haze-BudCloseUp.JPG

and closer...
Apr4-G13Haze-BudCloseUp2.JPG

and then we can really look at the trichs. I have noted that leaf trichs tend to turn cloudy and opaque BEFORE the thick saturation of trichs in the inner bud do. I'm gonna demonstrate what I mean with pics for both the strains I'm highlighting today...

The next two are pics of the inner bud trichs...
Apr4-G13Haze-InnerTrichs-Flower_Day98.JPG

Apr4-G13Haze-InnerTrichs2-Flower_Day98.JPG

And then you can see the difference on the leafy trichs, with many more opaque and cloudy...
Apr4-G13Haze-LeafyTrichs-Flower_Day98.JPG

I could have given a closer shot, but this shows many opaque trichs on the leaves.

The first G13 Haze was my BIGGEST YIELDER (by a few grams against some pretty big White Widow as competition). So if you want a plant that has a super yield, doesn't have to grow real tall yet gives you super-long colas, has superb flavor, and glistens with potent resin (real sticky to clean)... here's a real nice strain. Highly recommend this one. The only down side is it takes a bit longer to grow - this plant is on day 98 of flower.

Be back with a Medijuana update...

WOW is all i can say and Hope your pain eases by what ever means is nessary:hug:

The Medijuana... I tried to grow a few smaller plants of this, thinking I would get a nice sized single cola... NOT. At least not from the clones I used. I took clones shortly after putting in flower - as soon as I could distinguish female parts.

But these plants took forever coming back from beginning to flower. I took clones Oct. 27th and only put a few of them to flower at smaller heights (7") in 3 gallon bags (experimenting)... here was what one looked like on Feb. 4th, shortly before harvest...
Feb4-MedijuanaShort.JPG

It only grew to about 13" tall and sure wasn't anything like the original mother plant. You can see the shape of the leaves - this plant did not return all the way to veg stage before put back in flower.

I can say that clearly cuz I kept a number of other clones from Oct. 27th and vegged them longer. Egads - they didn't get put to flower until in Feb. when those small ones were finishing. They took a LONG time to return to veg (end of Oct thru Feb 4th to 21st when put to flower!).

But the results from keeping them in veg so long are going to pay off with some of the last girls in the flower room. About half the plants are Medijuana.

I LOVE the Medijuana. The downside is that it is NOT the best yielder. However, it does have the hardest, dense nugs of any of these 9 strains. It's nugs are spaced farther out on the plant, making each available to the light. It grows a (very hard) nice top cola, but NOT a huge large cola and doesn't have many fan leaves which makes it easier to clean. It has the sweetest flavor of all the strains I grew - really unique. And the buzz... oh my. It finished faster than other strains.

Running outta time... and have too many words in me!!! EEEKK!!!

Best git on with the pics... First, it is hard to tell each of the plants - I was trying to get the center plant but other Medijuana plants beside it make it hard to distinguish... Same pic, one without the flash and one with the flash to help distinquish the bud patern of the plant...
Apr4-Medijuana-BudsGreen.JPG

Apr4-Medijuana-BudsHighlighted.JPG

Then, a top cola... not nearly as large as other strains, but more pics will show it's beauty...
Apr4-Medijuana-TopColaHardNugs.JPG

Cuz it's buds are so saturated...
Apr4-Medijuana-TopColaHardNugGlistens.JPG

and solid. Next some bud shots... This one lets you see the small buds spaced down the stems...
Apr4-Medijuana-BudsDownStem.JPG

Next, you can see the new growth coming on this plant's buds (day 56 of flower with harvest dates of 56 to 63 days)...
Apr4-Medijuana-BudNewGrowth.JPG

I have found that many strains have a late growth spurt if left past their harvest dates.

Anyways... getting closer to view the trichs on the leaves...
Apr4-Medijuana-LeafyTrichs_FlowerDay56.JPG

Apr4-Medijuana-LeafyTrichs2_FlowerDay56.JPG

And although the leaf trichs look closer to finished... once again, the inner trichs do NOT appear to be as ready to me...
Apr4-Medijuana-InnerTrichs_FlowerDay56.JPG

Medijuana is sure saturated.

I like a body buzz - so I have left many strains extra long.

Oh!! The small Medijuana plants all grew female pollen sacs. I separated a couple small Medijuana in the flower room and left the sacs on them - and I cut them off a different small Medijuana and some Chronic. The ones left to grow were on the plant for about 5 weeks and did not cause any growth of seeds in that plant or in others. The Chronic had some I didn't see and no seeds formed in those plants or any plants that surrounded them. Just thought I would mention this cuz nothing pollenated from these female pollen sacs in either of these two strains - not even on the plant that formed them and they had plenty of time to form cuz all were left extra long before harvested.

Anyways - gotta go and won't be back for a bit... but sure does feel GREAT TO BE HERE!!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:LOVIES TO ALL!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Hey Granny! I'll put the sink on my "honey-do" list. Good to see you are still in action, but very sorry to hear about the back. Hope you will try and take it easy, and teach someone else how to work!

Glad the shots have helped some. My fiancee is in the same state, cortisone shots to her lower back..ughh. You have perserved, and done a fantastic job with your "forest". Stay safe and continue to get better. Good to see you back!

LOVIES TO EVERYONE!!!!

WOW is all i can say and Hope your pain eases by what ever means is nessary:hug:

:thanks: Bilbus! Great ta see ya! The pain will always be here (just cuz I'm gittin' old!!!), but sure have grown some strains that help me survive with GREAT SPIRIT! :yahoo:

Hey Granny! I'll put the sink on my "honey-do" list. Good to see you are still in action, but very sorry to hear about the back. Hope you will try and take it easy, and teach someone else how to work!

LOL! Hey OBX! The grow is winding down... so there is less work all the time. I think I might live thru it! If it's ever a possibility to grow in the future - it will be in a room near WATER access!!! EEK!!!

Welcome back granny!! nice update. You were missed

My Butcher honey!!! I missed you too - VERY MUCH!!! I can say I'm relieved the grow is nearing it's end cuz then (and when work slows) I'll get to come torment you (and many others!) and catch up on all you've been doin'!!!!

Glad the shots have helped some. My fiancee is in the same state, cortisone shots to her lower back..ughh. You have perserved, and done a fantastic job with your "forest". Stay safe and continue to get better. Good to see you back!

GMT!!! Your sweetie is TOO YOUNG to have these troubles!!! :thanks: so very much for sendin' such nice healing vibes. It feels SO GOOD to be here - even if it is still sporadic visits at the moment!

High granny420, Happy 420 to you and yours'. Hope your doing OK and we're thinking of you!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: !!!!!

How the heck did ya find me and OMM's home video???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: !!!!!

I'm with OMM - I LOVED IT HONEY!!! What a great 420 tribute! Wish I had been here with all of you instead of working late that day!

Gosh, I have missed :hug::hug::hug:you all:hug::hug::hug: so very much. What sunshine I find here in my 420 home!!!!! I can't wait to be able to finish up my journal (but still have dried buds pics of each strain and smoke reports to do)... cuz I intend to torment all of you this summer when business slows down again!

For now... Granny's grow room is emptying. Picture updates coming next...

:kiss::kiss::kiss:LOVIES TO ALL!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Update time... and getting to the end of growing pics. I will do my best to get in as often as I can so I can end my journal properly, but we are in our absolute busiest months at work (April & May) and I am very short on time. June will still be fairly busy, but July drops off drastically. As I can, I intend to end my journal with things I learned along the way (yackity yack), dried bud pics of each strain, and smoke reports. Thank you so much to 420 for not closing down my journal when it got so hectic here that I couldn't keep up!

Now... I think I highlighted all the strains fairly well in this journal with the exception of Medijuana that actually got to FINISH it's grow time and Blueberry that just didn't do well for me (tall skinny plants that went hermie early).

So here I will finish highlighting the Medijuana. I can tell you this is my absolute favorite for FLAVOR and HIGH. I expect these last girls to outdo the early harvested girls in every way.

I cloned these girls on October 18th from the largest of my first 3 Medijuana plants which had been put to flower on October 12th. Only six days into flower (but had been showing pre-flowers), but these babes took a long time coming back out of flower in the veg room. I also took small clones and would have probably decreased their veg time if I had taken larger clones (had a mother plant). Then my back issues put me behind on harvesting in the flower room and these babes really grew while waiting for their flower day.

On Feb 4th, 7th, and 21st, I put these last Medijuana girls in flower - the last clones to go to flower... the beginning of the end here. They were 14" to 18" tall. I topped a few of the largest to slow them down cuz I didn't have room in the flower room yet. This strain responded to toppings wonderfully. I also LST'd all of them in the veg room to try to even tops - but this strain didn't respond to LST as much as topping (IMO).

Some of the clones had 2 main shoots in the beginning. This is pretty much how they ended up too - even with LST. It didn't seem to create more "top" cola sights - the plants insisted on growing Christmas-tree like for shape. But the topping made them branch out and I liked this.

This strain doesn't grow huge long top colas like some strains (altho they did grow some mighty fine top colas!), but instead the buds are a bit apart on the plant and when dried they are real solid, hard, dense, heavy nugs. The dark green leaves of this indica are also sparce, allowing the buds to get light and making it an easier plant to clean in the end. The yield on this strain is not as high as on some of the other strains, but I think these last plants are going to do just fine. I have an abundance and feel like I am in Heaven. :yummy:

Below is an image of 3 of the Medijuana plants in the room. The more plants I try to fit in the image, the less you can see of what the plants look like - so these are not all of the Medijuana.

Apr19-3Medijuana.jpg

For size comparison, there is a 36-inch yard stick in the shorter back plant. The front two plants are both just under 36" tall. The back plant is real branchy - even if you can't see that here.

But let's move on to what a mature Medijuana plant looks like up close. These girls were all on day 74 of flower - OVERDUE. Flower dates given for this strain are 56 to 63 days. The girls I harvested early in this journal were harvested at a little over 6 weeks due to female pollen sacs. In retrospect, I won't ever harvest early due to these... cuz I'm not so sure that is what they were...

QUESTIONABLE FEMALE POLLEN SACS (see earlier posts for pics): In my middle grow group, I cut these out when I saw them and let the plant grow on to PAST their harvest due dates - but when I harvested these plants I found many I hadn't gotten. I did not find one single seed in any of the plants that had them (not even in the bud that grew it), nor in any plants that had flowered around it. So... I am just not so sure that they were female pollen sacs cuz they produced NO seeds in my grow. But don't risk your own crop on my experience cuz I'd heard of ruining all plants! Just whatever grew in mine did not produce seed and I did put very closeup pics in earlier posts.

Ok... I got lost there for awhile, eh??? LOL

Back to the current plants... more pics... and less gabbin'! ;)

Here is a pic of a top Medijuana cola with other Medijuana in the background...
Apr19-MedijuanaColas.jpg

And then a couple closer pics to show how saturated it is - even clear out on the few leaves this plant has...
Apr19-MedijuanaTop.jpg

Apr19-MedijuanaBudCloseup.jpg

Apr19-MedijuanaLeafCloseup.jpg

And last a few pics of what I consider the perfect trich blend for harvest, but only got here cuz I let them go overdue...
Apr19-MedijuanaTrichs2-Day74.jpg

Apr19-MedijuanaTrichs1-Day74.jpg

Apr19-MedijuanaTrichs3-Day74.jpg

Got interrupted a number of times while doing this! EEK!

That's it outta Granny for an update today. I'll see ya all just as soon as I can get in here again!!! Next will be DRIED BUD IMAGES and SMOKE REPORTS!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE!!!

We love you too Granny. All harvested yet?

Hugs & Lovies McBudz! I had logged out and then saw ya wrote so I had to come back and give ya a big green squeeze!!!!

:kiss:((((((((((McBudz)))))))))):kiss:

Not yet - but getting close. By the end of this weekend I will only have 4 Medijuana and the bottom scruff of a few LD and WW that I left to finish. I'll be down to ONE 1000w light then. The next weekend will be the last of the harvesting.

And I don't want anyone feelin' bad for me cuz the grow is ending! I have had a very hectic schedule and have many times thought the grow was gonna git the best of me! And I haven't gotten to see my grandchildren near often enough cuz the girls took up so much of my time (and then left me so stinky I couldn't be around ANYone!) So I am definitely ready to be done! When it's over, it's more like congrats will be in order for SURVIVING THIS GROW!!! LOL

I do wish I could share a smoke of thanks with you tho! (ALL OF YOU!)
:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Also have to add that I wondered if I was in the right place, or if I had smoked too much :smokin: cuz everything looked so DIFFERENT at 420! See what I miss when I'm gone too much??? EEK!

LOL

:peacetwo: to ALL!

((((((((Hello Granny)))))))

Girl so glad you are feeling better. You went through some bad pain there for a while. Hope it's going to get better with time!:Rasta:

Loved all your pictures and reports. Especially your favorite Medijuana :cheer::cheer::cheer:
Good to hear they didn't really spread any unwanted love around:cheer::cheer::cheer:

But I do want to know how sisco took our picture!!!:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

Love ya girl!! Can't wait for your summer visits to all of us. That's gonna be fun!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

((((((((Hello Granny)))))))

Girl so glad you are feeling better. You went through some bad pain there for a while. Hope it's going to get better with time!:Rasta:

Loved all your pictures and reports. Especially your favorite Medijuana :cheer::cheer::cheer:
Good to hear they didn't really spread any unwanted love around:cheer::cheer::cheer:

But I do want to know how sisco took our picture!!!:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

Love ya girl!! Can't wait for your summer visits to all of us. That's gonna be fun!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

LOVE YOU HONEY!!!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

I luv sisco too... especially his sense of humor!!! I think he's got an old soul tho. I mentioned Dr. Hook and he just came right up with that old video... (I got stoned and I missed it STILL runs thru my head frequently and I think of sisco - oh me oh my!) and now he's out scoutin' out our old videos!! EEK!!!

PURPLES - DID ANYONE NOTICE????

I've heard that some of the indicas get blue or purple tones at the end... and I've got one that did it! We'll see what smoke tests are like when they dry! I'm excited cuz I've read this can be powerful smoke - the Medijuana harvested EARLY is sure powerful, let's see what this is!!!

When I harvested a few Medijuana last weekend the backs of the fan leaves couldda smacked me in the face with PURPLES! This indica strain is stated to have harvest dates of 56 to 63 days, but I left these ladies extra long... and the result is a real pleasant purplish color to it!

On April 24th, day 76 of flower, I harvested (the tops only of) the Medijuana I featured in my last pics. Now that I look at them again, I can see those pics had purple hues too! Below is a couple pics I took after I noticed...
Apr24-MedijuanaPurplishColors1.jpg

Apr24-MedijuanaPurplishColors2.jpg

As you can see above, the tops of the leaves are dark indica green. But as I was depositing fan leaves in the box, I noticed how purplish the bottom sides of the leaves were. Then I really looked for purples in the bud - and it's definitely there. Color me happy! :yahoo:

The next pic is of one of the last Medijuana plants in harvest, on day 65 of flower. I have a wreath ring for support in the plant, but it grew many tall branches (topped and pruned this one in veg) that had to be supported with ties too. When these rock hard buds fill out, they must weigh a lot cuz the branches are having a hard time supporting them. This plant is over 30" tall and just as wide by the time you get to all those tipped out branches.
Apr27-MedijuanaPlantDay65ofFlower.jpg

In the next image, you can see the bottoms of a bottom leaf is just beginning to turn purplish...
Apr27-MedijuanaBudDay65ofFlowerPurplish2.jpg

and you see the purplish hues in bud shots (just like the last pics I uploaded the other day)
Apr27-MedijuanaBudDay65ofFlowerPurplish1.jpg

And last for this update... the remainder of the flower room...
Apr27-FlowerRoomEmptying.jpg

Lights:
I am down to one 1000w HPS plus one 150w Brite Lite and a few CFLs on the other end...

Plants:
For plants, there are a couple AK-47s that were throw away, but I stuck them in where I could along the way - they are overdue but packing on bud so I'm letting them go still... And there are 4 Medijuana plants I will leave another week or so... And there are 4 Medijuana and 4 White Widow that have been topped with the bottom scruff left to fill out a little more. So... a total of 14 pots, but only 6 of them complete plants and 8 of bottom scruff.

That's it... I was just excited and had to get in to report this!!!

LOVIES & HUGGLEBUGGLES TO ALL!!!

:yummy:Very pretty colors, I did notice.. just waiting to see if you did..

Good going on harvesting the tops and letting the rest go a little longer, I did that myself and think I got a few more grams that way..

Always a pleasure looking at your room, it looks so much thinner but is still alot!

:p:welldone:

:yummy:Very pretty colors, I did notice.. just waiting to see if you did..

Good going on harvesting the tops and letting the rest go a little longer, I did that myself and think I got a few more grams that way..

Always a pleasure looking at your room, it looks so much thinner but is still alot!

:p:welldone:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:siscokid:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

LOVIES HONEY!!!!!

Now if ya notice things like this, ya gotta point it out to this old lady cuz my eyesight is so bad I didn't see what was right in front of me! I didn't SEE it until the removed fan leaves were such a contrast to the other leaves in the box from other plants I harvested that day! EEK!!! I must be blind as a bat! I have now looked back thru pics a bit and see the G13 Haze also had a purplish tint to it too - will sure look closer at colors when taking dried bud images and giving smoke reports.

Anyways... I LOVE YOU AND AM SO GLAD YOU STILL COME SEE WHAT THIS OL GRANNY IS UP TO! I can't wait to have life slow a bit so I have time to come torment you in YOUR journal!!!

For today - I just wanted to get in here and give you BIG HUGS!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Back
Top Bottom