1st Indoor Grow - 9 Strains - Eek!

I will smoke one with you Granny!!!! :passitleft:

Thanks! That was good!

My Second grow was a really good one, even if I do say so myself!
Got a pound and 3 oz out of it!!!!!!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Stating the next one next week! One other going too!.:)

Someday hopefully, you'll post all your final weights.......that should be something!:bravo::bravo:

Glad you can get to know the Grandkids again!:):):):):):):):):):):)

I will smoke one with you Granny!!!! :passitleft:

Thanks! That was good!

My Second grow was a really good one, even if I do say so myself!
Got a pound and 3 oz out of it!!!!!!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Stating the next one next week! One other going too!.:)

Someday hopefully, you'll post all your final weights.......that should be something!

Glad you can get to know the Grandkids again!:):):):):):):):):):):)

((((((((((OMM)))))))))))

A pound and 3 oz!!! EXCELLENT!!!:bravo::bravo:

Weights for me... I'll have to work on that, but I'm gonna have to guestimate cuz I had so many plants going thru that I didn't get them all weighed separately. I got where I dried plants together, topped plants and dried the tops together - then the bottoms together at another time. Dang... I had so many plants goin' in the middle of my grow that I don't even know if I can give an accurate number on plants I grew! I have many pounds and a great variety tho, so I'll be happy a LONG TIME!!! :)

I'm at work and have to get back to it... customer...

dangit... I was going to try to get a smoke report in, but I can already see it's not going to be possible (cars pulling into parking lot as I write).

Gots ta go, but will return as soon as I can - maybe Thursday after my wonnerful colonoscopy (ugh!!)???

LOVIES TO ALL!!!

OH Great!!! A colonoscopy, Yee Gods! :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

Lucky You!!!!! Been there done that too many times.:reading420magazine:

Now that I'm at dispensable age, they just do em every 5 years. Used to be every year. So what if an old fart dies.:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Hope yours turns out just fine! :ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

What is that? I want one... :popcorn:

((((((((((((((((SISCOKID)))))))))))))))))))))))

LMAO!!!! Trust OMM - ya DON'T want one... starts with cleaning the backend out with wonnerful stuff that keeps ya sittin' on the toilet for the remainder of the night before... ya sound like yer peein', but it's poopoo... have to get cleaned out good so the scope they stick up yer butt the next day will be able to see the inside of yer colon (large intestine). That's a colonoscopy.

Want one now???

Hope ya don't need one of these for a very very long time!!!!! That will be the time in yer life when ya sit around with yer peers and compare poopoo instead of how big yer biceps are!!!!

I LOVE YA SISCO!!!!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((OMM)))))))))))))))))))))))

Hmmm... wonder why once a year in the past for you? History of colon cancer? Five years is the norm if there aren't any problems.

For me, this was my first - but about 12 years overdue. My dad passed away from colon cancer. Sisters have both had polyps removed (polyps take about 5 years to turn cancerous). I had no insurance until recently so I'm a bit late...

Procedure went fine. No polyps. Have diverticulitis and they took a biopsy of one area that doesn't quite look right. Find out biopsy results on Friday. It's a bit of a worry, but I looked at lot's of colon cancer info and photos and if the biopsy turns out positive for cancer .... which hopefully it won't... well, then at least I am reassured because a comparison of images says mine would be in early stages (that's how they calculate colon cancer - stages from 0 to IV).

Early detection is the key to curing colon cancer - why they do those darn colonoscopies. My dad's was so advanced by the time it was discovered that it was already Stage III and had spread to other areas. For me, I'm hoping for the best and not letting myself worry too much until there is really something to worry about. Even then, I have confidence the outcome would be positive.

Anyways... enough poopoo talk outta me!!!! I'm going to upload some more pics and get some more smoke reports done!!!

I LOVE LOOKIN' AT THE IMAGES - hope I don't overdo on uploading too many!!!

See ya all in a bit!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Well, I guess I could sit that one out for a little... I'm 36 years old and I have asked to get the bunghole to be checked cause I had insurance at the time. Now I don't! I don't care if they have to go in the rear as long as they use lube!

My wifes side of the fam. is full of Cancers... She just had a Polyp removed from inside her cootchie. It's scary to think that there is a good chance for her to wind up like her grandparents and aunts. I think it's all that soda and crap they consume... it's allot!
On my side of the fam. Cancer is zero, but diabetes and cholesterol is a biggie.

AK-47 Review & Smoke Report

Strain Info (for purchase of seeds)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
AK47 cannabis seeds from Serious Seeds.

This is an easy to grow cannabis plant that produces award winning marijuana and is our most popular strain. These cannabis seeds produce plants that are of medium height and produce good yields of marijuana quite quickly. This plant has an extremely STRONG odor and smoke. Take extra care with odor control when growing these marijuana plants near neighbors.

The name AK 47 was given not out of any idea of violence, but more in association with the "one hit wonder" that this marijuana is.

Quality without compromise makes AK47 marijuana suitable for commercial grows or home use. These marijuana plants have a short flowering period for a sativa, producing compact, not too leafy buds that gleam with a coat of resin crystals.

Winning 8 prizes!! in Cannabis competitions, including second prize for the Best Indica in the 2003 High Times Cannabis Cup, proves it is a favorite with the marijuana growing public and smokers everywhere. An independent lab test showed 21.5% THC in the samples at the Cannabis Cup 1999, the highest of all entries that year. Medicinal plant.

Flowering period: 53 - 63 days
Yield: 350- 500 grams/m2
Breeder: Serious Seeds
----------------------------------------------------------------

My journey with AK-47 began after my grow had started. It was not among the original 9 strains I grew, but it made my 9th strain when all the utopia haze I had turned out to be males. This one was a treasure to grow.

Here are the 4 plants I started with when they were in the veg room undergoing LST...
Oct16-AK-47_Groupx4_LST_Veg.JPG

Of the four:
1 was male
1 turned half male early in flower
1 grew growths (?female pollen sacs?) that caused me to harvest early
1 grew to maturity, but also grew a few growths that I didn't notice until harvesting.

This strain was one of a few that grew what other's say are "female pollen sacs". Below is a pic of an AK-47 top on day 46 of flower when I harvested it due to these growths and not wanting to seed my whole crop. You can see a couple of them in the pic...
Dec4-AK-4_ColaWithFemalePollenSac.jpg

and the entire plant looked like this...
Dec4-AK-4_HarvestHermieToday.jpg

The info states "Flowering period: 53 - 63 days" I DISAGREE WITH THIS. By these dates, the plant was packing on new bud growth everywhere.

Below are a couple pics from day 80 of flower - showing you the new growth continued for quite some time...
Jan7-AK2-2_ColaGrowth_Day80Flower.jpg

and another with a closeup of what the new growth looked like...
Jan7-AK2-2_BudGrowth1_Day80Flower.jpg

I harvested this AK-47 on day 84 of flower - a good 21 to 31 days LATER than what the info said about growing this plant. Below, you can see the growth was well worth the wait...
Jan11-AK2-2_Harvest_Day84Flower.jpg

Jan11-AK2-2_2ColasAfter_Harvest_Day84Flower.jpg

I think you can clearly see that letting this one go longer was sure worth it in ending bud size.

I also cloned a few more plants from the females. I didn't harvest any of the clones early even tho a couple of them also grew those questionable female pollen sac growths. In fact, I grew them all extra long - just like the one above. All of the remainder were left longer than 80 days before I harvested them. Not a one has shown me a seed yet.

So now we get to dried bud pics.

First, a pic of some of the AK-47 I ended up with...
Dried_AK-47Group.jpg

The pic above used no flash and shows the light green color of the plant.

When jarring, I had to cut beautiful tops down into smaller buds to save on the number of jars I was using. Still, I got some pretty nice sized buds to take pics of...
Dried_AK-47Buds.jpg

And...
Dried_AK-47Buds2.jpg

Below is a closer shot of a bud that went way overdue with those growths remaining on.
Dried_AK-47Bud_WithQuestionableGrowths.jpg

There were many of these growths, but I ended up with NO SEEDS. In some ways, I was kindda hopin' a few would grow... but if these are female pollen sacs they did not grow seeds (in any of my strains).

Next, I'm going to try to highlight the unique "shape" of the AK-47 buds. I could identify the AK-47 plants without ever seeing their tags because of their unique shape among my flowering ladies.

Most of their flowering tops formed a unique pointed bud like this...
Dried_AK-47Bud_WithTypicalTip.jpg

But when we zoom in closer on the tip and you really look at the smaller parts that make it form...
Dried_AK-47Bud_Tip.jpg

you can see that it is made of many very small growths as shown below in the next images...
Dried_AK-47Bud_TipCloseup1.jpg

Dried_AK-47Bud_TipCloseup2.jpg

Dried_AK-47Bud_TipCloseup3.jpg

Dried_AK-47BudCloseup.jpg

And a closer up of the trichs...
Dried_AK-47TrichsCloseup.jpg

I can certainly see why the strains I chose were listed with high THC contents (how I made my strain decisions). It is SO BEAUTIFUL to see the saturation on each of these strains.

In comparison with the other strains I grew, the AK-47 was unique in a couple ways.

BUDS: As you have seen, they are nice and large in the end. They are NOT dense heavy buds - instead, they are on the lighter side and what I would consider "fluffier". The shape of the BUDS were unique when I compare them to the other strains I grew. I tried real hard to show this above in pics. Many small buds continue growing on top of each other thru-out it's flowering life and end up forming a large top in the end.

TASTE/FLAVOR: Extremely unique - unlike any other I have ever smoked. The info is right on when saying the aroma is extremely strong during growth. It retained this fragrance nicely with drying and curing. When curing, it almost smelled like sweet bread dough when I opened jars. I know, this does not make it sound like it tastes good to smoke - BUT IT IS!!! It is delicious!!!! It has a unique flavor that matches the aroma of the plant - I just can't describe it well!

CRYSTAL PRODUCTION: As you can see above - outstanding.

THE HIGH: For the novice, this would definitely be a "one hit wonder" as described. But for me, an experienced and long-term smoker, it takes a few hits and is a powerful head AND body high. This one sends even the strongest lunged friends of mine into choking fits when they take too big of a hit. Not harsh, but powerful hits that expand greatly inside you. If you choke, you pretty much need to put it down and sit down to get past the head rush!

PLANT STRUCTURE: I LST'd in veg and put these to flower around 10" to 13" tall. They grew to 27" to 32" tall, keeping short as described.

OMM reminded me that I forgot a yield report in my Thai Tanic! Yep, I sure did (will get back to that later). Sure was glad of the reminder!!!

YIELD: The first plant shown here that turned hermie (harvested early on day 46) yielded 32.5 grams. The second plant pictured above (harvested on day 84 of flower) weighed at 65 grams. The buds on the AK-47 grow huge when left extra-long, but they are lightweight. I grew 5 AK-47 plants in total and ended up with over 12 ounces, so I must have averaged a yield of over 2 ounces each. I let all but the first one (hermie) go past 80 days before harvesting.

*YIELD NOTE: The weights on everything seemed to me to be very low for what I had for buds in front of me. I would like to note that I dried in boxes, leaving one end partially open and closing it completely on day 2 when much of the moisture was gone, then leaving it until day 7 to 10 when the stems snapped. I then jarred to cure and had NO moisture in the jars at this point with any strains thru-out my grow. The humidity in the drying area was lower than 20% - very low. Thus, the dried product was extremely dry (handle with much care) when jarred - NO moisture at all may be why my weights seem lower than what others report with similar sized plants/tops.

Overall... the AK-47 is truly unique and powerful. It definitely lives up to it's description - with the exception of the length of flowering time. Let this one go and it'll pack on some gorgeously saturated bud in return! An outstanding and unique variety in my medicine cabinet! I definitely see why this one has won so many awards - an excellent strain.

I'm gonna toke a bit before the next one... anyone want to join me???
:passitleft:

((((((((((BIG HUGS TO ALL!!!)))))))))))

Well, I guess I could sit that one out for a little... I'm 36 years old and I have asked to get the bunghole to be checked cause I had insurance at the time. Now I don't! I don't care if they have to go in the rear as long as they use lube!

My wifes side of the fam. is full of Cancers... She just had a Polyp removed from inside her cootchie. It's scary to think that there is a good chance for her to wind up like her grandparents and aunts. I think it's all that soda and crap they consume... it's allot!
On my side of the fam. Cancer is zero, but diabetes and cholesterol is a biggie.

:kiss::kiss::kiss::hug::hug::hug:SISCOKID:hug::hug::hug: :kiss::kiss::kiss:

GET THE LUBE OUT!!! :) I was real glad they put me to sleep... don't remember a thing after being asked to roll onto my left side.

My dad was only 49 when he died from colon cancer. It IS scary to think of those times and what he endured. I don't know how close yer little lady was to those she lost, or their ages... BUT... the outcome is greatly dependent upon early detection... and that scope rammed up the [lubed] butt is a Godsend.

By the time a person feels symptoms (like my dad), the cancer is most often in later stages (III and IV). But the medical world has come a long way with early detection and a scope every five years has saved many many many lives. Polyps take five years or longer to turn cancerous - so removal removes the problem! Make sure the little lady gets a pooper scope regularly and she'll be just fine (like ME)!!! Her chances are not AT ALL what her ancestors were because she is aware of her family history and can now take measures to detect any differences early. Just like you with a history of diabetes and cholesterol - there are simple tests to diagnose and prevent problems.

When in nursing school (retired RN here), we had to do a family tree of 4 generations (our children the 4th) and list all medical diseases and causes of death for everyone. I recommend everyone makes one of these. It was really interesting and sure is helpful in letting a person know what they are at risk for so they can take measures to test for it AND prevent it!

Guess we are all at risk for one thing or another. Shoot, I just heard that SPF lotions may have an ingredient in them that possibly causes skin cancer - HOW IRONIC!!!! The PURPOSE of SPF lotions are to prevent sunburn and thus, decrease the risk of skin cancer!

I tan. I smoke cigarettes and pot. I eat junk food and drink pop on a fairly regular basis. I eat red meat. I ride a motorcycle (and don't wear a helmet). All increase my risks...

But my attitude is....
IF I CAN'T DO ANYTHING I ENJOY - THEN LIFE AIN'T WORTH LIVIN'!!!
... But it sure doesn't hurt to have a scope rammed up yer butt every now and then just in case all those bad habits are catchin' up!!!!

BRING ON THE LUBE!!!!

Re: Thai Tanic Review & Smoke Report

Time to begin reviewing each strain and I'm going to begin with the Thai Tanic.

Thai-tanic A very compact Sativa variety, classic chocolate Thai smell and taste. The Skunk father dominates only in fast maturation, high yields and general vigour. A heavy crystal producer that is extremely potent with a trippy cerebral high.
Don't panic, this one will only take you up and up and up!
Developed - Thailand, USA, Holland, F-1 hybrid
Sativa/Indica - Mostly Sativa
Appearance - Very resinous, thick heavy buds
Smell/taste - Chocolate Thai, with Skunk undertones
High/strength - Extremely strong, cerebral
Yield per m2 - High
Sowing time - May/June
Outdoor harvest - October/November (Holland)
Flowering period - 9-11 weeks (12 hrs indoor)
Seed Company: The Flying Dutchmen

Bud at day 31 of flower...
Nov11-TT_top.jpg

Thai Tanic 1 Top, Day 64 of flower...
Dec14-TT1_ColaTopDay64Flower.jpg

Thai Tanic 2-4 (a femonized plant) on Day 53 of flower...
Dec14-TT2-4_ColaTopDay53Flower.jpg

Thai Tanic 1: Day 71 Harvest Day after fan leaves removed.
Dec21-TT1_AfterFanLeaves_HarvestDay71.jpg

I harvested ALL Thai Tanic early due to small growths I thought might be female pollen sacs but now wonder cuz I later grew some strains out (even extra long) with these and no seeds ever developed.

Next is a pic of some of the dried Thai Tanic...
Dried-ThaiTanicGroup.jpg

When I jarred my harvests, I had to cut down top buds, but tried to keep at least a couple for dried images. You can see the buds are nice sizes.

Next, I placed a red circle around one of the growths that caused me to harvest early...
Dried-ThaiTanicBud-GrowthOnIt.jpg

I can also see I left a bit more leaf on these than I did some strains. Sometimes I did this cuz they were saturated so far out with trichs, sometimes just cuz I was very pressed for time during some of the harvest.

Then a pic of some smaller buds...
Dried-ThaiTanic-SmallerBuds.jpg

And then a couple closer shots so you can judge the saturation...
Dried-ThaiTanicBud-Close.jpg

Dried-ThaiTanicTrichs.jpg

BUDS: The description for this strain says "thick, heavy" buds. Considering I had other strains to compare to, I disagree. The buds are real nice buds as you can see in the pictures, but are not "heavy" or extra dense (which to me would make "heavy"). The heaviness of the buds was easy to judge by the breaking up of buds, but it is also obvious in the weight of the contents of jars. The Thai Tanic weights per filled jar were in good company with a number of other great strains, but was on the lighter side - not the heavier side. Maybe this would have been a bit different if I had gotten to grow this strain longer (harvested on early side).

TASTE/FLAVOR: I was expecting the flavor of my memories from days gone by - but no. Of all the strains I grew, this one I rate the lowest for flavor (but keep in mind I grew some real strong flavor strains). I had read the Thai Tanic took a long cure time to bring out the flavor, so maybe this will change further down the road. I can't properly describe the flavor. It's not strong. It's there, but it's not what I remember from the past... maybe just a hint of chocolate, but not strong and not sweet... and it's definitely not skunky tasting at all. Nice flavor, but not extremely strong or impressive.

CRYSTAL PRODUCTION: The description "A heavy crystal producer..." is very true as you can see in the above pics. The one thing I noticed in comparing strains is that the trichs were skinnier on this strain (and the Blueberry). A ton of them, but skinnier. Nice saturation tho, as you can see above.

THE HIGH: OH MY - OH MY!!! The description "...extremely potent with a trippy cerebral high." And "Don't panic, this one will only take you up and up and up!" EXACT ON!!! This mainly sativa strain is a heart racing, trippy, cerebral buzz that makes ya go in circles cuz yer thoughts are buzzing this way and that. It creeps up on ya and keeps hitting - just when ya think ya didn't catch a buzz at all, your mind and heart start working double time and up up up you go. And if you had partaken a bit heavy before waiting... well - don't panic. It's a long-lasting buzz, but you will mellow back out a bit. Not for the light-hearted. I could see this strain producing panic attacks in some when the cerebral effects kick in. This one takes top place for a cerebral buzz.

Overall... I am extremely pleased with the Thai Tanic. I wish I hadn't harvested these so early due to the fear of the growths they had causing seeds through all of my ladies - would love to see how much they thickened up if they'd been allowed to flower longer. However, the plants grew real nice buds with excellent trich production. I prefer a couch-lock body buzz most of the time, but this one I grew with hopes for a strong cerebral effect for those times when I want a change up - it sure didn't disappoint me! Want to go up up UP UP UP UP??? This is definitely the one for you then!

My first of nine strain reviews done! YES!!!! PROGRESS!!!

:hug::hug::hug:Granny Hugs To ALL!!!:hug::hug::hug:

ADDING: THAI TANIC YIELD REPORT!!!!

OMM reminded this ol' lady that I forgot something in my report - YIELD!!! OOPS!!!

YIELD: All Thai Tanic were harvested earlier than I would have liked cuz of those darn growths. Thai Tanic 1, pictured above on her harvest day (day 71 of flower), yielded 56 grams of very dry bud. As I described above, the buds are NOT thick and heavy as described, but are nice sized, beautiful, and lightweight. I grew 5 Thai Tanic plants, harvested all but one early (days 63-66), and ended up with a total of slightly over 8 ounces. I would have loved to see what this one did if left a few weeks longer - but the smoke is a fantastic head buzz which gives me variety!

*YIELD NOTE: The weights on everything seemed to me to be very low for what I had for buds in front of me. I would like to note that I dried in boxes, leaving one end partially open and closing it completely on day 2 when much of the moisture was gone, then leaving it until day 7 to 10 when the stems snapped. I then jarred to cure and had NO moisture in the jars at this point with any strains thru-out my grow. The humidity in the drying area was lower than 20% - very low. Thus, the dried product was extremely dry (handle with much care) when jarred - NO moisture at all may be why my weights seem lower than what others report with similar sized plants/tops.

That's it for this one!!!

Super Nova Chronic Review & Smoke Report

Time for another extremely beautiful plant review... Super Nova Chronic.

Type : indica
Climate : indoor - outdoor
Yield : 400 gr/m2
Plant height : 40 - 80 cm
Flowering time : 8 weeks
Harvest month : september
Stoned type : Best for medicinal use
THC level : 25%
Grow Difficulty : moderate

Description

SUPER NOVA...its new and its super.
Brighter shining THC crystals than any other cannabis varity.
A very bright new star shining in your garden.

SUPER NOVA - NUMBER 1 STRAIN 4 MEDICINAL USE -

A SUPER NOVA is a stellar explosion that creates an extremely luminous object. A SUPER NOVA causes a burst of radiation that may briefly outshine its entire host galaxy before fading from view over several weeks or months. During this short interval the SUPER NOVA radiates as much energy as the Sun would emit over 10 billion years.

Nova means new in latin referring to what appears to be a very bright new star shining in the celestial sphere the prefix super distinguishes supernovae from ordinary novae which also involve a star increasing in brightness.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I can't say the above info talks about much more than the brightest stars in the sky... but this one was one of the strains I grew the most of, so it definitely impressed me!!!

I got off to a bad start with my initial seedlings... here was the poor Super Nova Chronic group in the beginning...
Sept2_All5SN.JPG

Poor babies!!!

Although they had to veg extra long, they did recover over time...
Oct16-SN_Groupx7_Veg.JPG

Here are two of them on day 13 of flower...
Nov1-SN7_SN10-Day13FlowerTop.jpg

And they grew some real nice colas...
Jan24-SuperNovaChronic_Clone1_ToFlowerDec28.jpg

Nov28-SuperNovaChronic7_Colas.jpg

Below is a pic of a shorter SN Chronic...
Dec27_SN10_Harvest_Day69Flower.jpg

A "White" strain for good reason...
Dec27_SN10_Cola_Harvest_Day69Flower.jpg

Dec23_SN6_Trichs2_Day61_HarvestNextDay.jpg

Dec23_SN6_Saturated_Day61_HarvestNextDay.jpg

It even gave me one of my favorite "leaf" images...
Dec23_SN10_TrichsOnLeaf_Day65HarvestedNextDay.jpg

But I guess I need to move on to DRIED images!!!

This is a portion of my Super Nova Chronic yield...
Dried_SuperNovaChronicGroup.jpg

The smaller jar in the above picture is a one gallon. The larger fits 3 gallons in it.

Dried buds closer without a flash on the camera...
Dried_SuperNovaChronicBuds2.jpg

And then with the flash...
Dried_SuperNovaChronicBuds.jpg

And then other buds I dug out of another jar (not pictured)...
Dried_SuperNovaChronicBuds3.jpg

Dried_SuperNovaChronicBud.jpg

The leaves are extremely saturated...
Dried_SuperNovaChronicSmallLeafTrichs.jpg

Dried_SuperNovaChronicTrichsCloseup.jpg

As are the buds...
Dried_SuperNovaChronicSmallBudCloseup.jpg

Dried_SuperNovaChronicSmallBudCloseup2.jpg

Trichs just grow right on top of each other...
Dried_SuperNovaChronicTrichsCloseup2.jpg

What a beautiful plant to grow.

BUDS: The SN Chronic buds were absolute beauty. As you can see, they were saturated. They were among the top strains for resin production, making my fingers very very sticky when harvesting - lot's of finger hash from this strain. Buds are fairly dense and heavy with resin.

AROMA/FLAVOR: Awesome. Nice strong fragrance and smooth hitting. Taste is similar to the White Widow... strong, but not skunky at all and not dank at all. Just a real good and strong aroma and flavor, almost sweet... but not... Gees - I am horrible at describing tastes!!!! Just trust me - it is absolutely wonderful, very strong, and smooth hitting!!!! This one is said to be hard to keep the flavor in drying, but I had no problem. Absolutely among my favorites for taste.

CRYSTAL PRODUCTION: As you can see above - this is in the "white" category for good reason. It *glistened* in the light. The SN Chronic was among the most saturated strains I grew - but it had real good company.

THE HIGH: Definitely among my favorites for a nice head, with deep body high that lasts and lasts. Absolutely among my favorites for body buzz and among the best medicine that can be grown.

PLANT STRUCTURE: I LST'd in veg and put these to flower around 10" to 13" tall. They grew to 25" to 36" tall.

YIELD: I got over 50 grams of really dry buds per plant from SN Chronic plants that were not harvested early. This one also grew those growths and I had plants that were harvested early - those gave me around 30 grams per plant. In the end, I am not sure of exactly how many Chronic plants I grew but I ended up with over a pound of Chronic. :yahoo:

Overall... I rate the Super Nova Chronic among the top 4 strains I grew. When I'm done with all smoke reports I will do a comparison of the strains and where I rate each for buds, highs, etc. This one will be among the top - but it also has real good company.

Done for today!!! Don't know when I'll get in here for the next smoke report - but at least they are 1/3 of the way done now!!! YEEHAH!!!!

Take care and bless all yer hearts!!!!!

I think I would have smoked that sharpie first~

Granny,The journalistic reports you put out are fantastic! You give me a perma-:) smile every time I see a post of yours. 420Magazine should take your beautiful pictures and make center folds. Truly an honor and a privilege to have been in the mix here. Ok Adopt me or something.

The journalistic reports you put out are fantastic! This journal should be put into paperback. Can't wait to meet you... Where did you say you lived? lol Take care Granny

[[[[[[[ Hey :cheer::cheer::cheer:Granny ]]]]]]]]:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Great reports and pictures

Guess you could have said I have a mountain of buds, so there!​

But that wouldn't be like our Granny to do that!!!!!

You have to do it to Granny's standard and that's that!

Love the in detail reports

:popcorn::popcorn:Sorry, I haven't been around, I have two journals going and have to keep up with those. :popcorn::popcorn:

:hug::hug::hug:HUGS TO ALL!!!:hug::hug::hug:

Catchin up and then hopefully this next week will bring the last of my smoke reports and a finish to my journal! (LONG OVERDUE!!!)

Just got back from the Sturgis Black Hills Motorcycle Rally. Had a short vacation - only got 3 days there, but totally enjoyed the beauty of ridin' the Hills! VROOOOMMMM!!!!! It's the 70th this year and I think they will beat the 600,000 bikers they had for the 65th.

Life is still chaotic. Business slowed as it does every year, but this year our busy season brought in 10 thousand less than previous years and... well, I fear having to file bankruptcy on our business if things don't change this next year... so I have been brain storming to try to come up with solutions instead. Summers hurt bad on expenses versus income... so I have added a clothing, jewelry, and other items for sales inside our salon - normally we just sell products to use in our salon.

This meant much purchasing, inventory, and stocking... and we are adding Sat. flea markets where we take our goods outside *hopefully* to help the area folks know we now offer more. Thus, weekends have gotten busier because I don't have staff to do both the flea market and our regular customer services. Staffing has sucked for the last couple months - I have trained and had many workers not work out so my staff is down to 3 workers and me... so I am working many hours while trying to get decent staff trained.

However, I do have one well-trained staff who has this month before her next session of school starts and she is working a number of days for me this month so I can finish all of our tax returns... and she doesn't know it, but it is also so I can finish my journal too!!!

The next messages will be my start on my finishing strain reports...

:thanks: to ALL for being so patient with the end of my journal!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:LOVIES TO ALL!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Re: Medijuana Strain Review

Here goes the Medijuana Strain Review...

-----------------------------------------------------------------amsterdammarijuanaseedbank Description :

The Medijuana medical marijuana seeds strain is especially developed for people who are in need of a pain reliever, both mental and physical, such as chronic pains, migraines, sleeping problems and those in treatment of chemotherapy. [This marijuana strain is a recommendation for the 'couch lock' connoisseurs as well] Medijuana medicinal marijuana is a very popular 100% natural medicine and a great treatment for most medical ailments. Medijuana medical marijuana is an indica dominant marijuana plant that grows medium high, with the strong indica characteristics of growing many branches with very vigorous and dense marijuana buds [flowers] that are overloaded with THC crystals and sticky resin, and produces an extreme thick center cola [top bud]. The marijuana leaves are of different shades of dark green and the leave to bud ratio is very good. Because of it's indica background the Medijuana medical marijuana seeds variety is a very potent, early flowering marijuana plant that grows fast and is very easy to maintain. So this marijuana seed strain is recommended to the first time and novice medical marijuana grower [cultivator]. The Medijuana medicinal marijuana seed variety can both be grown indoors as well as outdoors and does very well in a greenhouse. This great marijuana plant is ideal for sea of green [SOG] growing. The Medijuana medicinal seed variety is suitable for smoking and oral use, such as drawing tea or mixing in food.
The Medijuana medical marijuana plant fills the grow room or garden with a strong spicy, slight skunky aroma. This marijuana plant has a strong, spicy flavour with a sweet twist and an almost hash like aftertaste. The smoke of this medical marijuana strain is very strong, but not too pungent. Medijuana medical marijuana produces a very strong and pleasant all-over body stoned effect. Because Medijuana has a very strong indica stoned, we recommend the starting medical marijuana user, not to use much at once. It is better to build up the high effect in small doses.

Strain information :

Type : Mostly indica
Climate: Indoor/outdoor
Yield : up to 550 gr/m2 indoor
Height : up to 45 - 75 cm
Flowering period : 8 to 9 weeks
Harvest : end of September
Stoned or High : 100% all natural pain relief-stoned
THC level : strong 25%
Grow difficulty: easy - moderate [Good for beginners]
My favorite of all the strains I grew. This strain is a strong indica strain, as was evident in it's color, growth, and bud structure.

In the original group, I ended up with two females.
Oct25-M1andM10FlowerDay14-Side.jpg

On day 20 of flower, the medijuana was the first to snow for me. Well, at least the first snow I could SEE!! My eyesight is very bad, so it took a bit of snow for me to notice! EEK! What a wonderful feeling it was tho when I began to see that white powdery glow...
Oct31-Medijuana1stTrichs.jpg

And this was one of my favorite pics from the underside on day 28 of the Medijuana's flowering...
Nov8-Medijuana-TrichsFromBelow.jpg

By day 43 the medijuana was super saturated, but I also noticed growths on them...
Nov24-M1_WhatsThis.jpg

Nov24-M1_WhatsThis_Closeup.jpg

I reported these and found out they were female pollen sacs. I couldn't risk pollenating my entire crop (and ending up with a ton of seeds), so I harvested the first two Medijuana ladies early on day 44 of flower. Below is what the largest lady looked like...
Nov25-M1_HarvestDayEarly_Hermie.jpg

and the total of the first two Medijuana ladies boxed...
Nov25-Medijuana_M1_M10_HarvestedInBoxes.jpg

I thought maybe this indica strain would do better as a single cola plant if put in smaller pots (3 gal), not LST'd, and flowered at a shorter height - NO. Below is a pic of the second round of medijuana I experimented with as described here...
Dec23_Mx3_SmallPots_TransplantTodayTo3gal.jpg

The above plants (did not have yellowed leaves even if the pic looks like they did) did not yield much at all in the end. They did not grow nice single colas.

Thus, I vegged the last Medijana clones a lot longer and they grew bigger as you can see in the 3 medijuana plants shown below...
Apr19-3Medijuana.jpg

These were among the last plants I grew and when they grew the female pollen sacs, I didn't do a thing. I didn't harvest early. I didn't cut them out. Instead, I was kind of hoping I might grow a few seeds of this strain... but haven't found any yet.

So the last girls got to grow... and grow. It says to harvest this strain at 8-9 weeks (56-63 days). In the last Medijuana group, I harvested the tops only on day 76 of flower and let the bottom grow a couple weeks more before harvesting them.

AND THEY TURNED PURPLE CUZ I LEFT THEM LONGER!!! The pic below shows how beautiful the tops became when grown long enough.
Apr19-MedijuanaTop.jpg

The purple was extremely evident when I harvested. The leaves in the box were such a contrast even this ol' lady's eyesight could see it!!!
Apr24-MedijuanaPurplishColors2.jpg

The Medijuana and the G13 Haze were the 2 strains that turned purplish when left long enough.

And that brings us to dried Medijuana ...
Dried_MedijuanaGroup.jpg

Although the medijuana doesn't look to make as much weight per plant by looking at the growth structure of the plant, it's nugs are the hardest nugs of any of these strains. In the end, each of the last medijuana plants I grew had similar weights as other strains I grew (60 to 75 grams per plant)

I don't know if you can tell from an image how hard the nugs are - but trust me - they are solid!!!
Dried_MedijuanaBuds.jpg

This strain doesn't give as many huge buds (doesn't need to!). Here are some smaller dried Medijuana buds...
Dried_MedijuanaSmallerBuds.jpg

And a dried Medijuana bud closeup...

Dried_MedijuanaBudCloseup.jpg

And... some dried Medijuana trichs...
Dried_MedijuanaTrichs1.jpg

Dried_MedijuanaTrichs2.jpg

BUDS: As I stated above, these are rock hard solid buds. The same size jar of the medijuana outweighed the same size jar of all other strains - this should tell you the buds are solid. A little goes a very long way.

TASTE/FLAVOR: The BEST I've ever smoked. I do not taste anything "spicy" as the description says - but the sweet is OH SO SWEET. The first hit or two off a bowl tastes so damn good. My absolute favorite for flavor.

CRYSTAL PRODUCTION: I have to give the TOP AWARD to the medijuana for trich production too - but only by a little cuz many of the strains I grew were very very high in crystal production (as you can see in images). When cleaning - this one leaves a huge amount of finger hash for you. This is also why I give this one the top award - the higher resin content is evident when you harvest.
THE HIGH: Absolutely among the strongest smokes. Again, I give this one the TOP AWARD - but only by a little cuz many of the strains I grew are extremely strong. This one will couch-lock you. :tokin: It is not for the light smoker. It's definitely a strong indica buzz. LOVE IT! Choke and ya may as well sit the pipe down cuz you yer head will get so light-headed you'll have to sit down yourself.

PLANT STRUCTURE: Indica. Dark green, wider leaves. This one fans out which allows the buds direct light. Buds do not grow "into" each other forming long tops - instead, it grows hard buds which are separated on the stem with space. However, the top buds do get pretty thick. See images for bud size compared to a Sharpie marker. This one has many smaller buds, but they are rock hard and go a long way when smoked. Not many fan leaves on this plant and the smaller leaves are saturated with crystals and trim easily.

YIELD: I ended up with over 12 ounces of Medijuana total. It's hard for me to say what the yield per plant is when considering the first two plants were harvested way early, the next 3 were experimental with very low yields, and the last plants I harvested all tops on day 76 and the lower portions 2 weeks later. However, I guestimate I got 60 to 75 grams per plant from the last plants - this was similar to the yields I got from nice plants of other strains (white widow, chronic, and more).
Overall... :thumb: I give the Medijuana the TOP recommendation for growers who like that couch-lock indica buzz like I do. The flavor, the saturation, the buzz... although it is close in comparison to a number of other strains I grew, the medijuana is still top for me. The only thing this strain doesn't rate as high in for me, is the yield - but even that was comparable in the end due to it's rock hard buds.

That's it for this one!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:LOVIES TO ALL!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

:thanks: HazeSeeker! So good to see ya!!! I greatly appreciate those who still check my journal out even tho my grow has been done for awhile! I'm very late on reports - EEK! But I AM gettin' closer to gettin' it done! Guess the perfectionist in me would rather take the time LATE and do a good report than have ended my only journal with short, inadequate reports of the strains and my journey - and what a wonderful journey it has been!!!

I think I would have smoked that sharpie first~

Granny,The journalistic reports you put out are fantastic! You give me a perma-:) smile every time I see a post of yours. 420Magazine should take your beautiful pictures and make center folds. Truly an honor and a privilege to have been in the mix here. Ok Adopt me or something.

The journalistic reports you put out are fantastic! This journal should be put into paperback. Can't wait to meet you... Where did you say you lived? lol Take care Granny

:hug::hug::hug:SiscoKid:hug::hug::hug:

:thanks: my lil sisco honey!!! I've already adopted you, sweetie!!! And every time I see a note from SiscoKid - I GRIN FROM EAR TO EAR TOO! You ARE a part of my journey! Let's smoke the sharpie together!!! :passitleft:

I do so wish I could meet you and yer family. The risks here are high for many of us... but maybe there will come a day when it is legalized EVERYWHERE and then we can all meet with NO WORRIES!!! What a REALLY COOL party that would be!!! We could have an annual rally that would beat all parties I've ever been to!!! Got to have OMM there too tho!!! Wouldn't be a party without him!!!

HOW IS YOUR GROW GOING????? I sure will be glad to finish this one so I can check up on everyone else!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

[[[[[[[ Hey Granny ]]]]]]]]

Great reports and pictures

Guess you could have said I have a mountain of buds, so there!​

But that wouldn't be like our Granny to do that!!!!!

You have to do it to Granny's standard and that's that!

<b>
Love the in detail reports
</b>:popcorn::popcorn:Sorry, I haven't been around, I have two journals going and have to keep up with those. :popcorn::popcorn:

:hug::hug::hug:OMM:hug::hug::hug:

Yer sorry YOU haven't been around - Egads, man - my posting has been so bad for months that I was shocked quite some time ago that they didn't close my journal down as "abandoned"!!! I'm not abandoning it - but I sure am taking SOME TIME to finish!!!

:thanks: OMM honey, I sure do appreciate the support you've given me. Without you, sisco, and a number of others in my "420 family"... well - it would have been a pretty boring journal. It makes me feel very emotional (with gratitude) to go down memory lane and think back to all the support and fun this journey has been... but I best save my final thank you to everyone and the tears that I know will go with closing this journal... cuz...

I still have another response and 5 more reports... think I can get it done by the year 2015??? LOL!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!

Very impressive Granny for a 1st grow :smokin: i have 1 question i just got myself some chronic from ams but i cant seem to find any info on the strains that created the chronic do you have any info you could share on this please ?

:hug::hug::hug:Hey Ozman!!:hug::hug::hug:

:welcome: I did a lot of research on all the strains I grew. I can't find where I found the info, but I have this pedigree listed for "Chronic" in my info:

NL/Skunk X NL/AK-47

I believe the award winning strain of "Chronic" has been developed mainly by Serious Seeds. However, I bought "Super Nova" aka "Chronic" seeds from an amsterdam source and don't know if they cloned the original "Chronic" strain, or if they bred for their own super white and potent variation. I do know I am extremely pleased with this strain - I love it!

I also know I worried about loosing the flavor/aroma with this strain cuz of research. A number of reports said to use care when drying this one cuz it can loose it's wonderful qualities in the drying process. I'm a newbie and simply dried in boxes in a very low humidity room, then jarred to cure for months... and it has excellent flavor and aroma - no problem.

Good luck with yours!!! This one glistened with crystals - I know you will be astounded as you watch her grow!

Back
Top Bottom