1st Indoor Grow - Soil - New Blue Diesel - Herbei Fem - Killing Fields x Madonna

kasualkush

Hey all! So this is my attempt to start a grow journal of my first grow which i have just recently started. First with the basic info:

Indoor
Semi-stealth box: 3' x 2' x 3' (width x depth x height)
Strains: New Blue Diesel, Heribei Fem, Killing Fields x Madonna (all from sannies seeds)
Medium: soil. germinated in 1 quart pots, sprouts currently 5 days old :slide:
Lights: 2 - 27watt daylight cfl (6500k, 1600 lumens) per plant, so 6 total
Ventilation: currently thats the problem...lol. 6" active exhaust hole, 2 - 3" passive exhaust holes
Fans: 8" luminair clip on fan blowing directly on sprouts
Temp lights on: 85 - 90 F (thats with the door open and fan blowing on sprouts). if i close the door, the temps soar up to 100F :(
Temp lights off: ambient air temp here in hawaii at night is 75 - 80, during the day is 80 - 85
Light cycle: 18/6 on from 6pm to 12pm, off 12pm to 6pm
No RH of the cab, but RH in my house varies between 50% - 80%
No pH measurements yet
Pests: those annoying gnats...
Watering: Right now, i'm watering about a half cup per pot everyday. mix is bottled or tap (let sit for 24 hr), 2-3 drops superthrive, 1.5ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide, and a couple drops of lemon juice. I check the pots multiple times a day (nervous parent syndrome :lot-o-toke:) and i stick my finger 2 inches into the soil to make sure its dry before watering (its barely moist sometimes)
No ferts yet, will update when i start.

If i haven't lost anyone yet, here is a bit more info about my grow.:slide:
Cab is made out of 1/2" plyboard, inside noobishly painted with a flat white (oil based, 1 coat so you can still see the grain of the boards...)
Exhaust is a 4" hole with a dryer vent hose leading to a DIY carbon filter with 8" fan. i'll post pics of it for more detail, but it basically sucks and i doubt it pulls enough cfm to adequately vent the room because the temp skyrockets when i close the door. Intake (passive) right now are the 2 - 3" holes with a light trap over it. i'm thinking of opening up another 4" hole but not sure if i will maintain the necessary negative pressure. unfortunately i don't know the cfm rating for any of the fans i use, but they probably aren't that high. planning on adding another fan at the exhaust hole to help blow more air out of the can and into the vent, and another small fan to help circulate air throughout the cab a little better.

Questions at the moment:
1) is it ok to be watering 1/2 cup everyday? i've read a ton of posts (awesome growers out there) and i think i have pretty bad conditions that can't really be remedied at the moment. with lights on temps being between 85 - 90 for 18 hrs, the small pots (about a quart) dries out after 1 day. i feel the weight, and they are much lighter than right after watering. also stick my finger 2" deep and it barely feels moist. i'll post pics after i figure out how to... but the sprouts seem to be doing just fine at the moment.

2) Aside from getting a portable AC to blow cold air into the cab, are there any other ways to keep the temp inside there the same as the ambient air temp (75-80 at night and 80-85 during the day). I know the obvious answer would be to provide better air exchange by rigging up an active exhaust with a 100+ cfm (since the volume of my cab is 18cf), but just wondering if there are other techniques i haven't come across yet.

Sorry such a long first post...but i have some catching up to do since i'm already a few days into the grow.... Thanks for reading all the way to the end, and i promise my next posts will be much shorter and more worthwhile. Peace!

Re: 1st indoor grow, soil, cfl, new blue diesel, herbei fem, killing fields x madonna

Whats with the lemon juice?

Re: 1st indoor grow, soil, cfl, new blue diesel, herbei fem, killing fields x madonna

hello heist! just using it as a poor man's ph down right now. was too lazy to do the chemistry to figure out how much it would lower the (if any since its only a few drops) pH of the water i'm adding, but i figured a little bit couldn't hurt since i'd be shooting for a pH range in the mid 6's

Cool man. I'd never heard of anyone using that method before. Pretty ingenious. Thanks for explaining it.

Hi kasualkush

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom