1st indoor - Help me out here

jjo90

20140225_104324.jpg
20140225_104306.jpg
two of them are doing good. One is not all that great getting ashy and curling
I'm using age old earth nutes and earthworm compost inside rockwool. Feeding them
One time and just waiting. I've got two t5 lights and two cfl. One large 100 Watt true and the other ehh
I will be adding more. Any suggestions

Re: 1st indoor. Help me out here.

Can you see my pictures let me know or go to my pictures to let me know if things seem par

20140225_104324.jpg
20140225_104306.jpg
two of them are doing good. One is not all that great getting ashy and curling
I'm using age old earth nutes and earthworm compost inside rockwool. Feeding them
One time and just waiting. I've got two t5 lights and two cfl. One large 100 Watt true and the other ehh
I will be adding more. Any suggestions

I used rock wool in an ebb and flow in a hydro. Started with small rock wool plugs then planted them into cubes and into a hydroton container. I recall not giving them anything at the early seedling stage, just tap water. I have not heard of combining rockwool, something more typical of hydroponics, with organics like compost but that could be my ignorance of that practice. I do recall killing some seedlings trying to add even small amounts of nutes too early.

I'm actually using a compost tea. For the benefit of the microorganisms and the nutes I went very light. Because new leaves were slightly yellow. I started in the small plugs and then moved to the bigger blocks because the roots wer comin out the bottom. I'll give info on the nutes when I go home and maybe closer pics. The three are cali skunk seeds. And I have one in a greenhouse that's a blue dream.. There is a drop system that goes all the way through the rockwool that I pump water into. I try to get around 6. Should I go lower? Planning on keeping them short. And getting a 150 hps for flowering. I also plan on adding a huge 400watt equivalent cfl for veg

I try to get around 6. Should I go lower? Planning on keeping them short. And getting a 150 hps for flowering. I also plan on adding a huge 400watt equivalent cfl for veg

Do you mean pH 6? Typically for soil you want in the 6.5-7.0 range and for hydro, in the range of 5.5-6.0. I'm not sure what your setup would be considered though, another grower who has done this might have a better answer. You seem to have a hybrid where you are using dead material (rockwool) with organic feed.

Typically you either do:
(1) hydro = dead sterilized medium like rockwool or hydroton and a non-organic sterile hydro feed solution
OR
(2) soil and an organic feed such as the feed you are using

For a hydro setup , I think you would not want any organic material nor organic action to be occurring. If you are experimenting you might want to do some more research and consider moving one way or the other. If you are experienced and know this will produce well then you know better than I.

Light depends on how much room you have and your exhaust capability. I had a 250W MH/HPS in a 2x2 tent and bleached the crap out of my plants and always had trouble with heat even with exhaust (but I was unable to vent outside so that was part of the problem). I went to a flat 8 lamp T5 fixture and got dense buds and somewhat more controllable heat although it was still a bit hot. T5's seem to have the best output/efficiency for fluorescent lights, better than CFL, and I liked that I could change out any combination of the 8 tubes depending on veg, flowering or in between.

I am currently using 180W of LEDs in a micro grow (PC) that seem to produce buds almost as dense as I have ever bought and very little heat compared to all the other light sources I have tried. Much higher light efficiency = lower electric cost for both light and heat removal.

I'm using a nutrient for vegging called old organics earth that has a decent level of all three nutes along with very little compost tea. The compost tea is because my fiance insists on trying it. And she's too pretty to say no to. I was gonna stick with the cfl. And get rid of the t5 since it's only a 42 inch. The cfl I want are gigantic. And I plan on painting walls with mylar. And yes the pH level. I'm making it more acidic with Lemon juice and u say I should get it to5.5?

I'm making it more acidic with Lemon juice and u say I should get it to5.5?
to be honest I am not sure since you are using a hybrid approach of organics with typically a hydro substrate. I think someone else will have more experience than I. My guess is in your setup it would more like a hydro pH vs a soil pH since you are dripping.

Well I was more wondering if the lemon juice is bad for the plant. I put maybe 3tsps in a gallon. The water I use is under 6 pH. And so is the worm tea. I started watering them with the worm tea which is about 3-1-1. The nutes are 13-6-6? Only 1 tspn n gal. They grew Alot overnight gave them weak nutes 2 and 4 days ago. The one that looks like it has nute burn only has it in the first set of one tip leaves. The new ones look OK. And the other 2 are great.

Back
Top Bottom