1st Journal - 3rd Grow - 1st Hydro

Hydro-Guy

Alright first journal, day one I guess. This is going to be a grow/room construction. I have never done a hydro grow, and I just build my first ebb n flow.

What I have is 2 bag seeds from the dispencry "NWB ATF #209" I am looking for a third seed right now :D I have no clue what the ratio of indica to sativa is.

I have no lights yet, but I will be going with 1- 180w Extreme Flower LED. (To order March 23rd.)

The purpose of the this grow is to produce 1 or 2 mother plants for cloning.

If you would like I will post pictures of seeds in a paper towel. LOL Picture of the bud i got the seeds out will be posted soon.

The four lucky seed chosen yesterday.
DSC025253.JPG

Day two, so I smoked my self into a weed-coma last night and forgot to upload the pictures. I nixed the papers towel germination and decided to try this.
DSC025302.JPG

DSC025283.JPG

DSC025292.JPG

This seed starter will become my clone machine later. Still need to finish the air system, get a heating pad, and paint the bottom part flat black.

We put the seeds directly into the foam insert. I have about 3 cups of water in the clay bed, and the container is in a window getting as much free light as possible.

your set ups looking good to me brotha. im excited for your seeds to start putting leaves out. what nutes are you going to use this grow? and tacoma once a month huh? im here EVERYDAY!!! how you doing on your humidity in your parts? pretty low im assuming so youll deffinately need that humidity dome on all the time while their sprouting

Honesty I have never used nutes, always just used horse manure soil and water. My previous grows were out door. This is my first indoor.

got a warming pad because the water felt cold to the touch.
120302-172903.jpg

both K.S. Light and Bob are starting to open their shells, day two :D
DSC025423.JPG

DSC025444.JPG

Dueces and Froto have not. I hope that the heating pad will help them out.
DSC025464.JPG

DSC025484.JPG

I have been thinking about doing a grow room web cam, any one ever see or hear of such a thing? On second thought, I'm not sure it would be a good idea...

Back from adventure time, little ones are about 2 inches tall, and I broke the flood tray today while painting. Due to indoor temperatures and the catastrophic loss of a flood tray, changing to a dwc system is nessisary. One inch insulation foam is ready available, so the change will be inexpensive. Pictures coming when I put my bong down. LOL

sorry me and my bong just have a lil love thing going on. Lol just kidding.
So its all put together and I got nutes.
-PICS FROM YESTERDAY-
Came home to see this
2012-03-20_00-47-17_917.jpg

Sooo I took it apart, and painted the solution tank black. I also put tape on it for a window.
2012-03-20_13-55-30_630.jpg

Then I tore up a box to protect the roots from light. It was a only temporary fix.
2012-03-21_20-35-15_717.jpg

I was painting the bottom of this flood tray black when it broke.
2012-03-20_00-46-36_780.jpg

-Todays work-
tank striped down
2012-03-21_18-59-09_396.jpg

Papered up
2012-03-21_19-39-51_539.jpg

Temporary change to cfl
2012-03-22_07-42-46_386.jpg

In this tank I have a heater, a power head w/screen, and two air stones. I'm picking up a thermometer that will push through the styrofoam today too.
2012-03-22_07-43-14_921.jpg

I got free stuff from the hydro store, so I don't have to worry about nutes.
2012-03-22_07-36-50_666.jpg

i like your measuring tools. mine are kind of beat and haggard looking. i wish we could trade lol

well congrats on getting free nutes from the store! i'd be pumped getting free stuff.

once thing i noticed is we have the same air pump and i liked that air pump alot...actually i recently gave it to alaskan1 but it still worked great.

the last pic you said "So you have a better idea of what's going on here... " then posted the temps lol not sure what your asking but i'd love to help ya out. temps look good if thats what you mean lol. air temp is real low but the solution temp looks fine.

Yeah I decided it would be less expensive to heat the solution then the room. I read some something saying, people in norway and greenland are using this method successfully with ambient air temps of °40+ I just wanted to test it out.
Do light spectrum and temp influence sex, or is it just what it is?

Back
Top Bottom