1st Journal - M39 - Northen Light x Skunk - Soil - CFLs

Re: 1st Journal, M39 (Northen Light x Skunk ) Soil & CFL'S

In flower I feed nutes, then molasses the next watering, just make sure throw a flush or two in the schedule, salt can build up pretty quick. The plants are looking really good though, so you're doing something right, really nice trichs in that last pic.

Thanks Dank :)

Good smokeday :420:

when you receive your nutrients I would start your plants on a 1/4 strength dosage and gradually over successive waterings increase the strength by 1/4 strength at a time until you are at full strength recommended dosage, it is easier to give a small amount and increase it rather then having to flush the plants due to nutrient burns. molasses can be added at 1-2 tablespoons per gallon at any time. if you are interested in LED lights you may wish to have a look at a forum sponsor Topledgrowlight.com and email SmokeSara asking her what the best price she could give to you a forum member on whatever light you would be interested in. the test for the Mars II 5 watt LED light appear good so far.

Email: sales@topledgrowlight.com

TOPLEDGROWLIGH, Solutions Limited,LED GROWLIGHT,LED BULB,LED TUBE,grow lights,t5 grow light,hps grow light,fluorescent grow light,grow light bulb,grow light bulbs,marijuana grow light,growing light,cfl grow light,indoor grow light,grow light reflecto

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

@Mars Hydro

Re: 1st Journal, M39 (Northern Light x Skunk ) Soil & CFL'S

when you receive your nutrients I would start your plants on a 1/4 strength dosage and gradually over successive waterings increase the strength by 1/4 strength at a time until you are at full strength recommended dosage, it is easier to give a small amount and increase it rather then having to flush the plants due to nutrient burns. molasses can be added at 1-2 tablespoons per gallon at any time. if you are interested in LED lights you may wish to have a look at a forum sponsor Topledgrowlight.com and email SmokeSara asking her what the best price she could give to you a forum member on whatever light you would be interested in. the test for the Mars II 5 watt LED light appear good so far.

Email:sales@topledgrowlight.com

TOPLEDGROWLIGH, Solutions Limited,LED GROWLIGHT,LED BULB,LED TUBE,grow lights,t5 grow light,hps grow light,fluorescent grow light,grow light bulb,grow light bulbs,marijuana grow light,growing light,cfl grow light,indoor grow light,grow light reflector

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

@Mars Hydro

Wow Thank you very much KJC, very nice prices as well. I will reconsider auctions and other sites lol.

I will give them a 1/4 strength with a tablespoon of sugary success this weekend :)

Good smokeday everyone, feeling great on this beautiful day :)

Got a few pictures outside of the room & buds size with flash since the camera was giving real sloppy pics without it. I will also buy a 30x microscope real soon to follow the thrich's :)

I am letting RJ-11 & Roxy Haze soil dry for a other day, it feel just a bit moist at 3 inch under the soil, then first 1/4 strength from FlovaNova Bloom, Mlevernz & Baby will be for a other few days.

PA192578.JPG

Day 28 / Flowering

Baby
PA192580.JPG
PA192579.JPG

Mlevernz, she is really small :(

PA192584.JPG
PA192585.JPG
PA192586.JPG

RJ-11, she is my nicest one from the beginning with the biggest stems in the group, she smells delicious and also very sticky. I think i am safe to say that she is doing great for this early stage under cfl's :)

PA192587.JPG
PA192588.JPG
PA192589.JPG
PA192591.JPG

Now, Roxy Haze. I am really thinking that she is a different strain. VERY CITRUS smell from her, very intense as well.

PA192593.JPG
PA192594.JPG
PA192595.JPG
PA192597.JPG

The group, so fun and enjoyable to take care of them :)

PA192598.JPG

Good day everyone :cheer::party::yummy:

looking good mate, follow kings advice on the nutes, its best to start with a low dose then slowly up it,

also find out if the nutes are to be used everytime you water the plants or every other feeding, my old nutes was to much with every feed so gave nutes every other feed, the dogget simpson nutes im using now i give every time i water with no signs of problems, but i started off with a low dose then upped it with every other feed until i got to the stated dose, once your at stated dose with no signs of problems you should be ok,

with the molasses i did come across some problems, i had a cal/mag issue after using it on one of my plants but i think i used it to often, so i dont use it as much now. also some nutrients and bloom enhancers contain a form of molasses, i got sns flower enhancer with my prizes and when i read the ingredients it says it contains molasses, so i wont be using molasses with the flower enhancer as it might end up causing problems

looking good mate, follow kings advice on the nutes, its best to start with a low dose then slowly up it,

also find out if the nutes are to be used everytime you water the plants or every other feeding, my old nutes was to much with every feed so gave nutes every other feed, the dogget simpson nutes im using now i give every time i water with no signs of problems, but i started off with a low dose then upped it with every other feed until i got to the stated dose, once your at stated dose with no signs of problems you should be ok,

with the molasses i did come across some problems, i had a cal/mag issue after using it on one of my plants but i think i used it to often, so i dont use it as much now. also some nutrients and bloom enhancers contain a form of molasses, i got sns flower enhancer with my prizes and when i read the ingredients it says it contains molasses, so i wont be using molasses with the flower enhancer as it might end up causing problems

Thank you very much Don :) They dont really say if the nutes should be use everytime i water my plants so its should be safe to use every feed. I will also start slowly with the molasse, tomorrow is the day :high-five:

:peacetwo:

Thank you very much Don :) They dont really say if the nutes should be use everytime i water my plants so its should be safe to use every feed. I will also start slowly with the molasse, tomorrow is the day :high-five:

:peacetwo:

Plants are looking great Lavernz...I also use floranova...I have had better results feeding ever other watering...just what I found not sure what is recommended

Plants are looking great Lavernz...I also use floranova...I have had better results feeding ever other watering...just what I found not sure what is recommended

:thanks:

Sound good, will just put a bit of molasse on the next watering :)

Good night :420:

Good evening :420:

Got myself a little 4'' metal fan & 5'' by 8 feet of ducting for a ghetto exhaust ! Right now my temps are bouncing from 74 F to 82 F which is fine but hey, if i decide to add more lights (Most likely LED) i will be fine, also its good to have a good air circulation :)

God, some Bob music and a good spliff after work... speechless.

One love :circle-of-love: :peacetwo:

great, sounds like your getting the grow room dialed in,

Thanks Don, its finally coming along. One day those CFL's will get replaced ! :party:

Good smokeday :420: Ill be on the darkside until 5:00pm :lot-o-toke:

cfls work great, for some reason the plants seem to respond well to them, you just need a lot of them to get great results, but its possible and i got good results using cfls.

i only upgraded when i was using around 400 actual watts as it made sense to, but if i was growing just 1 or 2 plants then cfls would do the job

cfls work great, for some reason the plants seem to respond well to them, you just need a lot of them to get great results, but its possible and i got good results using cfls.

i only upgraded when i was using around 400 actual watts as it made sense to, but if i was growing just 1 or 2 plants then cfls would do the job

Absolutely, their great for vegging, but i am having trouble right now with light covering for 4 plants. I will need to figure out a small vegging room with the 6k bulbs and have a rotation going, and i really dont mind having plants at different stage so i might built myself a pc grow box for seedling and vegging (LST) and have my flower room that i use now.

Will see in the future :)

yep it gets tough when you have a few plants, i was using a load of 23 and 30watt cfls and ended up running over 400watts so it made sense for me to switch as the lumins i get now are 65,000 compared to much less than half from the cfls. if the canopy is even and you train the plants then it is possible to produce good results with cfls or you need plenty of side lighting,

i think a scrog would be ideal for cfls, all i used was lst to open the plants up and try and keep the canopy as even as possible, but the more plants you grow the more lights you end up using, if you worked out how much each bulb cost then your not far off the price of a hid light.

yep it gets tough when you have a few plants, i was using a load of 23 and 30watt cfls and ended up running over 400watts so it made sense for me to switch as the lumins i get now are 65,000 compared to much less than half from the cfls. if the canopy is even and you train the plants then it is possible to produce good results with cfls or you need plenty of side lighting,

i think a scrog would be ideal for cfls, all i used was lst to open the plants up and try and keep the canopy as even as possible, but the more plants you grow the more lights you end up using, if you worked out how much each bulb cost then your not far off the price of a hid light.

Exactly and i don't want to end up like that. I feel like i spend a bit too much on these cfls and light sockets (specially the ones with the clip), i mean i am very happy with the result i have right now since its my first shot indoor but i need more light, the side lighting is just not there yet. Right now my lights are not even and the canopy is not even close to be even so i will need to invest in a different system if i want to grow 3-4 plants at a time.

id say your best option would be to save up for a 400watt hid light, then you can run a metal halide bulb for veg and high pressure sodium for flower, or go with a dual spectrum bulb which so far seems to be giving me good results.

you will notice a huge difference with the hid but temps soon shoot up, a lot of people argue that cfls are hotter and give out more heat but i had over 400 watts all within 2 to 4 inches of the plant and i could keep my grow door shut and temps would be ok, now im running a 400watt hid i have to have my grow door open, so clearly the hid lights give off more heat than cfls,

so thats something you would have to consider is temps, i could of done with a 600watt light really but 400 watt does me ok and i think the 600 would give me temp issues and id have to consider running a cooled hood or setting up more fans and vents to control the heat,

Back
Top Bottom