1st Journal on 420

So an update on the journal. I have harvested. Got quite small yields but with the temp and growth issues they endured I'm pretty pleased with what came of it. I haven't gotten around to uploading pics I took of the AC/DC and Micky Kush. So here are the results from the Diablo OG and Harlequin.

Diablo OG Day 59
20140625_142601.jpg

20140713_145704.jpg
20140713_145649.jpg

Harlequin Day Day 61
20140625_142606.jpg
20140717_191750.jpg

You're a good mate Trich's :Namaste: I really didn't expect anyone to jump on my first journal. I know I haven't been all that active in this community so far, so to have not just anyone :party: and without a doubt one of the most entertaining blokes I've had the pleasure to encounter drop in is humbling :thanks::)

So this made my day brother. Smoked a fat :bongrip: of my Micky Kush with that 28% THC marker. I'd have to say without testing it myself the claims are solid. Really good high :) The Harlequin was a real heady high. I didn't let it go to far with the Amber tri's and the Diablo Kush had that signature Kush taste and scent but with a real sweet grape/lemon type after taste. The high as really heady as well lasted a bout 3 hours then dropped off. All had a solid 2 week flush.

:goodjob:nice buds, great update & best wishes for a speedy recovery. RE: reservoir temps, why so hot in winter?:thanks:

I thought moving to the Pacific Northwest would mean Winter all year round :p We had one month of 90+ temps:scratchinghead:

I have been so overwhelmed and preoccupied with other growers journals I have neglected to update my own. Things have settled and the serenity is divine in both rooms right now. The temps are perfect:cheer::cheer::cheer: That goes for all applicable fields :thanks::yummy:

So the last two plants to finish off in this journal are my TGA Micky Kush Sweet Irish Kush dominant phenotype and my TGA Micky Kush Jack The Ripper dominant phenotype. Both smell distinctively different. The JTR pheno has this very strong lemony scent that comes through without a doubt!
Day 35
20140803_231554.jpg

As where the Sweet Irish Kush pheno has this bouquet of a fresh fruit salad with a heavy load of mango and pineapple.
Day 42
20140803_231523.jpg

Can I just for a second tell you guys about the 50/50 that I cut up. I feel bad that I consumed so it so quickly :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:but I couldn't help myself:ganjamon:. This is going to be my day time strain from hear on out. GREAT pain relief. Super energetic but no anxiety, trippy or raciness. Instant high. I mean INSTANT. With claims of 28% by Subcool himself. I can say without testing it myself through a lab and just based off the high alone... I'm a believer!

I'll be sure not to be a greedy guts and inhale this batch without some nice photos of the cured finished product.

Looking great! Gonna pull up a chair if you don't mind and watch a while. *rolls one. Looks up* Anyone want in?

Welcome mate thanks for checkin things out. Hope you enjoy the ride it's all about the :circle-of-love::peace::party: in here! And btw don't mind if I do ;) :passitleft:

Trichome shots to come soon :)

I don't like even the thought of needles :rofl:

Looking great! Gonna pull up a chair if you don't mind and watch a while. *rolls one. Looks up* Anyone want in?

Heck yeah, I'll puff that, it smells delicious! grab a seat up here C, I brought a couch & some fresh-Fluxybud :passitleft:

Welcome mate thanks for checkin things out. Hope you enjoy the ride it's all about the :circle-of-love::peace::party: in here! And btw don't mind if I do ;) :passitleft:

nice yard Growlow, hope you don't mind the couch I brought over, I am donating it to your new yard :circle-of-love:

You're a good mate Trich's :Namaste:
I thought moving to the Pacific Northwest would mean Winter all year round :p We had one month of 90+ temps:scratchinghead:

why did I think you were in in Australia? i could have sworn you told me that was why you chose the cool username :hmmmm:

i must have been :lot-o-toke:

I don't like even the thought of needles :rofl:

Heck yeah, I'll puff that, it smells delicious! grab a seat up here C, I brought a couch & some fresh-Fluxybud :passitleft:

nice yard Growlow, hope you don't mind the couch I brought over, I am donating it to your new yard :circle-of-love:

why did I think you were in in Australia? i could have sworn you told me that was why you chose the cool username :hmmmm:

i must have been :lot-o-toke:

I wish I was. Although America has been good to me :) Growlo is the term I used for 'fluxxing' all those years. Maybe I should change it to Fluxlow or maybe that can be my codename haha

It's nice in the PacificNW. I had a busy day today. I got my hands on some really tatsy meds. Nurse Jackie and Hurkle! Both are TGA and one is CBD strong the other is a 21%THC. I might just have to do a TGA Journal. Since I'm popping 3 of their strains at the one time. Not Feminist would be an interesting journal I think :)

I thought I start doing more video updates. I would rather talk than type to be honest. Although I'm more than proficient at both :) So I thought I'd share how I layer and set up my net pot's. I hope I am informative enough for you all to understand how I set up my medium. I will add my soil mixture is 2/4 100% organic potting soil , 1/4 Organic coco, 1/4 Vermiculite.

[video=youtube;PbqkHRYaNwo]
[/video]

Ok Subbed, will catch up soon, thanks for the invite Growlow!

Ok Subbed, will catch up soon, thanks for the invite Growlow!

Cheers SoilGirl. With your amount of traffic I'm sure you are trying your best to "cull the herd" in terms of replying and getting back to that lovely bunch of people you have subbed to your journal :) I appreciate you stopping by! I look forward to seeing what you think of the video updates

:wood: i think i'm in the wrong yard, i found something, im looking for what you said i should see, i hope it is video related,

some day soon, we gotta talk about signature confusion's effect on over-medicated members.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I had tip for adding diff audio clips to a video , but I think I was late, the grass is way too tall to see anything in here, going to try to smell my way to the other yard, i'm exhausted and thirsty. where's the fridge?

OK all caught up, looks awesome in here Growlow! It's a bummer about the GO nutes mess while you were away, and about the early high temps but at least that's all under control now. I really enjoyed your video lol and not just because of your sexy accent :circle-of-love:
I've never even heard of doing a hybrid of soil growing in DWC hydro, but then I'm ignorant about all things hydro, very fascinating actually.
About the UVB effects on microorganisms I might have a sliver of knowledge; ultraviolet radiation at certain frequencies/wavelengths (This I've copy/pasted: Ultraviolet light is part of the light spectrum, which is classified into three wavelength ranges:
- UV-C, from 100 nanometers (nm) to 280 nm
- UV-B, from 280 nm to 315 nm
- UV-A, from 315 nm to 400 nm) is germicidal. UVC in particular shows the highest germicidal effects. Why humans experience sunburns is because of UVB in particular, a longer wavelength although the process is similar for microbial organisms' reactions to UVC. Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI, once again mostly confined to UVC) doesn't necessarily kill microbes, but it does prevent growth and reproduction by breaking down bonds at the molecular level with a mutagenic effect, ie, it deactivates the DNA at a cellular level.
This is good if you want to, say, disinfect water from a dirty pond, but not good if you are exposing beneficial microbes to the light. You're using a UVB light, so I actually think it's safe to say you aren't going to kill your microbial activity, especially since it can't penetrate past your sand layer, but I'd still only run it 2 hours a day on your plants.
Hope this helps! Beautiful harvest, I think its safe to say you know your stuff! :cheer::Namaste::passitleft:

P.S. just a warning though I'm sure you already know, don't ever look directly at your UVB light and make sure your skin is covered when near it, it really can damage your skin cells, high levels of exposure can even lead to cancer.

OK all caught up, looks awesome in here Growlow! It's a bummer about the GO nutes mess while you were away, and about the early high temps but at least that's all under control now. I really enjoyed your video lol and not just because of your sexy accent :circle-of-love:
I've never even heard of doing a hybrid of soil growing in DWC hydro, but then I'm ignorant about all things hydro, very fascinating actually.
About the UVB effects on microorganisms I might have a sliver of knowledge; ultraviolet radiation at certain frequencies/wavelengths (This I've copy/pasted: Ultraviolet light is part of the light spectrum, which is classified into three wavelength ranges:
- UV-C, from 100 nanometers (nm) to 280 nm
- UV-B, from 280 nm to 315 nm
- UV-A, from 315 nm to 400 nm) is germicidal. UVC in particular shows the highest germicidal effects. Why humans experience sunburns is because of UVB in particular, a longer wavelength although the process is similar for microbial organisms' reactions to UVC. Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI, once again mostly confined to UVC) doesn't necessarily kill microbes, but it does prevent growth and reproduction by breaking down bonds at the molecular level with a mutagenic effect, ie, it deactivates the DNA at a cellular level.
This is good if you want to, say, disinfect water from a dirty pond, but not good if you are exposing beneficial microbes to the light. You're using a UVB light, so I actually think it's safe to say you aren't going to kill your microbial activity, especially since it can't penetrate past your sand layer, but I'd still only run it 2 hours a day on your plants.
Hope this helps! Beautiful harvest, I think its safe to say you know your stuff! :cheer::Namaste::passitleft:

P.S. just a warning though I'm sure you already know, don't ever look directly at your UVB light and make sure your skin is covered when near it, it really can damage your skin cells, high levels of exposure can even lead to cancer.

You're a sweetheart. I'm surprised I've managed to keep my accent after being in the States for over a decade. Well My Nz and Aussie mates might not agree with that statement. I'm sure I've pick up a slight American accent.

I love the info you gave. Although I should have better worded my explanation. The UV light I have is actually on my water filter. As where the research I've found supports your info. I actually don't run UV lights in my grow but I am aware it boosts Trichome production but also increases CBN which can be notorious for that trippy weird feeling. Thank you again for stopping by. It's refreshing to have a womans touch in a garden always :)

LOL, I just saw SoilGirl was the only "like" on my blatant post Glow revealed thick skin in his first 420 post,, and ,,

the rest is history, I was all over him, lol :welcome: Glow, great reply :high-five:

It takes someone with a certain level of intellect to appreciate that comment. Wouldn't you say so Trichs? lol.

Back
Top Bottom