1st Journal on 420

You're a sweetheart. I'm surprised I've managed to keep my accent after being in the States for over a decade. Well My Nz and Aussie mates might not agree with that statement. I'm sure I've pick up a slight American accent.

I love the info you gave. Although I should have better worded my explanation. The UV light I have is actually on my water filter. As where the research I've found supports your info. I actually don't run UV lights in my grow but I am aware it boosts Trichome production but also increases CBN which can be notorious for that trippy weird feeling. Thank you again for stopping by. It's refreshing to have a womans touch in a garden always :)
Hahaha your accent makes me sigh and go :dreamy: very dreamy LOL, Idc what your mates say! moving on.... :circle-of-love:

OH, that makes sense. I don't know much about hydro like I said. The UV for the water filter sounds like a good idea though, my thought process is, a: there probably are a lot of good and bad microbes in the water down in the DWC part of your container, but I'd personally be scared of root rot enough to run the UV despite the loss of good microbes down there because, b: there's still going to be plenty of good microbes that stay confined to the soil part of the container.
Maybe my thought process is flawed though because of my lack of knowledge about DWC/hydro. Soooo maybe you shouldn't listen to me and I'm just babbling hahaha ;) :passitleft:

I'm glad you enjoy my presence here, and glad I came by! See ya!

Hahaha your accent makes me sigh and go :dreamy: very dreamy LOL, Idc what your mates say! moving on.... :circle-of-love:

OH, that makes sense. I don't know much about hydro like I said. The UV for the water filter sounds like a good idea though, my thought process is, a: there probably are a lot of good and bad microbes in the water down in the DWC part of your container, but I'd personally be scared of root rot enough to run the UV despite the loss of good microbes down there because, b: there's still going to be plenty of good microbes that stay confined to the soil part of the container.
Maybe my thought process is flawed though because of my lack of knowledge about DWC/hydro. Soooo maybe you shouldn't listen to me and I'm just babbling hahaha ;) :passitleft:

I'm glad you enjoy my presence here, and glad I came by! See ya!

Oh come on now you're going to make me blush :loopy::loopy::loopy:

In terms of the good and bad bacteria. I'm sure most of the bad is non existent due to good temps and the buckets being black with no light what so ever getting in there. But to test your theory. I'm going to try run my next batch on purified water that went through the UV light and see if there is any difference. I was going to add Hygrozyme into my process as a safety measure potentially. Now I need to hit the drawing board.:geek: and figure this one out a bit better!

So this update is more connected to how my plants get their Co2. I hope you guys enjoy and feel free to let me know what you think. Honesty is the only policy in my grow, don't be shy now ;)

[video=youtube;-YbWul-q0WQ]
[/video]

Two updates in one day. I obviously have way too much free time today. So I thought like I promised to post up some Trichome shots. No needles involved as per request by Mr trichome himself :p They are just beginning the transition over to milky/cloudy however you want to describe it. I love this transition. They look like a bunch of eyes :)
Close up 200x optical magnifiction and 50x digital magnification

Zoomed out
140806-180108.jpg

Zoomed in
140806-180124.jpg

I thought I start doing more video updates. I would rather talk than type to be honest. Although I'm more than proficient at both :) So I thought I'd share how I layer and set up my net pot's. I hope I am informative enough for you all to understand how I set up my medium. I will add my soil mixture is 2/4 100% organic potting soil , 1/4 Organic coco, 1/4 Vermiculite.

[video=youtube;PbqkHRYaNwo]
[/video]

Do you use your UV sterilizer filter with your Deep Water Culture nutrient solution? I would not use a UV sterilizer with a Deep Water Culture system unless you are attempting to sterilize bad bacteria in your reservoir. A UV sterilizer will flocculate the nutrients from the nutrient solution and remove them from a form that the plants can uptake the nutrients in.

LOL "Regardless I'll just do it anyway" :circle-of-love: I play to my plants too, and sing to them a lot, but separately.... I can't do the two together quite well, I can kinda hum along when the chorus chords are simple but I guess I get thrown off by trying to do the two together still.
and I think your voice is lovely, no butchering. You're very charming Mr G-low :) I enjoyed the video. I totally respect how you can sing and play together and still do really well, because I personally know how hard it is hahaha. I like how your voice can do runs starting high and going low still staying on pitch with a little emotional tremolo in there :circle-of-love: I'm only good on runs 2/3 times, and then I butcher the third :laughtwo: Thanks for introducing me to a great song, just watched the youtube vid, goosebumps.
Awesome trich pics!!
And a great share by KJC, I'm glad I got along for this journal early!

I thought I'd answer with a video and show you the filter itself. So would flocculation still occur if the water I fill my res up with only goes through the UV light once before it goes into my res?
[video=youtube;k2U3DAAiWRs]
[/video]

LOL "Regardless I'll just do it anyway" :circle-of-love: I play to my plants too, and sing to them a lot, but separately.... I can't do the two together quite well, I can kinda hum along when the chorus chords are simple but I guess I get thrown off by trying to do the two together still.
and I think your voice is lovely, no butchering. You're very charming Mr G-low :) I enjoyed the video. I totally respect how you can sing and play together and still do really well, because I personally know how hard it is hahaha. I like how your voice can do runs starting high and going low still staying on pitch with a little emotional tremolo in there :circle-of-love: I'm only good on runs 2/3 times, and then I butcher the third :laughtwo: Thanks for introducing me to a great song, just watched the youtube vid, goosebumps.
Awesome trich pics!!
And a great share by KJC, I'm glad I got along for this journal early!

You're too sweet Sgirl :) Cheers for your compliments. I had always wanted vocal lessons. Everything I learnt is purely from having some Polynesian roots and listening closely to my mum and all my aunties sing and harmonize like angels. It takes me into la-la land :). No better feeling in the world to me. Thanks for tagging along the girls are starting to plump up. Here are some pics I took 20 mins ago
20140807_191132.jpg
20140807_191130.jpg

I thought I'd answer with a video and show you the filter itself. So would flocculation still occur if the water I fill my res up with only goes through the UV light once before it goes into my res?
[video=youtube;k2U3DAAiWRs]
[/video]

Only the water passing through your UV filter will become sterilized and flocculated. Flocculation is where particles become attracted to each other and form clusters that can be filtered out. If you are only filtering the reservoir top up with filtered water then I would run your UV filter.

Only the water passing through your UV filter will become sterilized and flocculated. Flocculation is where particles become attracted to each other and form clusters that can be filtered out. If you are only filtering the reservoir top up with filtered water then I would run your UV filter.

I thought as much. Thank you kindly for your input and your time mate :) it's always very appreciated

I used to run a UV sterilizer on my 200 gallon marine reef tank, gave that hobby up & took up growing,

Very nice buds you have there Glow :goodjob: & nice video :thumb:

Cheers my mate! How are you doing today? What was that crazy Malware message that came up. I swear it affected traffic on here today. I got the same message and I tried getting back on multiple times. I was to 'noid to press go ahead anyway. Then later this evening I tried getting on again and the message didn't come up. Crazy man!

So I have had quite an eventful last couple of days. I hope this isn't interpreted as off topic. I don't mind if it is interpreted as a rant though :) More often than not I am very upbeat, sometimes sarcastic, but I keep positive about things and make sure that I project that without any room for negativity. I thought it was important to give a better introduction as to why I am an authorized MMJ patient here in the beautiful state of WA and deciding to journal here on 420magazine with all you wonderful people.

When I was younger, about the age of 4. I was in an accident where my head split open. This lead to a severely damaged central nervous system which in turn lead to pains that would occur when I became overheated or extremely stressed, which was not often. Though when these "pains" occurred it was crippling, it is so crippling it makes me collapse to the floor and become immobilized with this throbbing/stabbing pain in my skull that last for anywhere from minutes to hours. My condition is neurological. So from a very young age I was prescribed pain killers, pain killers that a young child should not be taking. I missed school, was often zoned out in bed. At the age of 12 I tried Cannabis for the first time. My pain literally melted away. I felt it drip downwards and soaked into the ground around me. I couldn't believe it. I built a tolerance fast and the psychoactive reaction for me lasts very short in terms of what I have gauged from the thousands of other smokers I have met in my life. I think the assault of pharmaceutical meds can stand to blame for a lot of that.

I have watched, since my Mother was in her early 40's fight SEVER Rheumatoid Arthritis. So bad that the best RH Doctor in Australia at the time when she was diagnosed, told my mother she'd never walk. She did, but I digress. I have had close friends lives taken by cancer and family members lucky, blessed and strong enough to survive it. I knew from the age of 12 there was something more to this plant than just getting high. I wasn't really getting high, but my pain was alleviated. I could function normally and live a normal life without the added slowshow. My mother has had Two hip replacements before she turned 50 and she is now 60+. Through juicing High CBD fresh cannabis with her other veggies and fruits has eradicated her swelling and damage to her joints. She has got to the point now where she has been approved for some structural corrective surgery because of how bad the RH warped her hands and feet.

My wife and I packed up and drove from the East coast with all our stuff and moved to WA. So I could have medicine that helped me, without worrying about getting in trouble with the law. I have never had a problem with the law and don't intend on starting any.

Unfortunately 3 days ago I was working outside my room which is in my garage. The temps rose to above 100 and I collapsed hitting and landing on the right side of my body and head pretty bad. So I have not been as active on here as usual. I am saving up for some LED's to lower the temp in my room and surrounding area in the garage, but I have had some unforeseen expenses as life sometimes hands to people. With a mortgage, a baby on the way and doing my best to try start my own Medical delivery for patients who want 100% organic clean medicine, which is not impossible to find in Seattle but it isn't super easy either. I want to try and make it easier. Especially for those who have trouble getting out. Like I am currently. I'll be down for at least a week. When this happens it affects more than just myself. I hope this doesn't come off as boohoo. I hope I inspire other people suffering from serious medical conditions that can be life threatening to empower themselves and see if MMJ can work for them. I'm yet to meet someone besides a mate who has hemorrhoids, that it doesn't work for.

So to come back on to focus on my girls coming close to harvest. I took off a top to give to a friend who was visiting but before hand I took some photos to show she still isn't quite there yet. Maybe 10 more days I am guessing. The marked flower time for Micky Kush is 49-56 days and they're right at 44-45 days old now.
20140812_212731.jpg
20140812_212737.jpg

That branch looks super tasty.

Very unfortunate to hear about your accident in the garage. Take care of yourself brother!!

LED's might be a great way to get the Temps down in your grow area.

i am about to start my LED Grow Journal and Review in about an hour. Just starting to germinate my seeds as soon as i'm done replying.

The company i am reviewing for just became a sponsor, and their prices are very well priced for someone on a budget like you were saying.

Heal up and Take care of yourself. Then get back to kicking ass and taking names in the grow room!

Check out Twilight Groups Ltd for their LED grow lights. Very reasonably priced, and their sales rep Jason who lurks the forums here, is extremely nice and super helpful and knowledgeable.

Check out Twilight Groups Ltd for their LED grow lights. Very reasonably priced, and their sales rep Jason who lurks the forums here, is extremely nice and super helpful and knowledgeable.

You're a good mate GTJ. It means a lot for you guys to go out of your way to help me out. It's very humbling. Thankyou :)

You're a good mate GTJ. It means a lot for you guys to go out of your way to help me out. It's very humbling. Thankyou :)

Its what this site is all about brother!

I was going to send a PM to everyone in my friends list about my new journal, except someone.... hasn't accepted the friend request. So heres an invite to you, as well as anyone who is following and wants to come check it out!

GreenThumb J's Twilight Groups Classic 165w LED Grow and Review

Back
Top Bottom