1st Journal on 420

Growlow

What strain is it?
The strains I'm growing are AC/DC(clone), Micky Kush (seed, with all 3 pheno's), Diablo Kush (seed), Harlequin (clone) and Sour Tsunami (clone)

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Flower

If in Flower stage... For how long?
Day 42

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
RDWC Hydro/Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
1/3 soil 1/3 coco 1/3 vermiculite and mycorrhizae

Size of light?
2x 1000W Hortilux Super HPS

Is it aircooled?
Yes

Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?

Daytime temp: 78f
Nighttime temp: 65f
RH: 50%
PH of Res: 6.2

Any Pests ?
No

How often are you watering?
as required every 3-4 days

Type and strength of ferts used?

General Organics line for both Veg and Flower.

Hi everyone,

I attempted to begin a journal nearly a year ago. Life happened so I got set back until now. I'm open to ANY and ALL criticism. I have thick skin. I have grown outdoors for a decade and this is my first ever indoor grow.

I have in a 8x4 ft room a 6 x 5gal RDWC system. With each bucket designated 4 air stones running off a 25l pump. They run under two 8inch hood cooled 1000watt Hortilux Super HPS bulbs running off Phantom 2 Ballasts.

I know I should have started this journal from the beginning of my grow but I've spent so much time trying to get the temps under control I just didn't have time for it. for the first 8 weeks of flower I've struggled with Room temps and Reservoir temps of 90+. I'm also trying to grow organic and as clean as possible the Reservoir has mostly just RO water a bit of CalMag and a dash of Superthrive here and there. Having so many different strains I felt this a better way to dial in the nutrients needed for each individual plant through a top feed approach. While all plants have the same water source in my RDWC which I change out weekly. My Net pots are layered with expanded clay pellets followed by a layer of Coco and finished with soil-mix topped of with sand.

I now have my room running a 14000 BTU Stand alone A/C which has brought the temps in the room down to about 78 in the day and around 65 in the evening. I'm also about to wrap my buckets with thermal in the hopes to help keep the water cooled as I would like to avoid having another machine running in my room just to cool the water.

So I guess you guys are jumping in where I hope I've got a handle on things. These photos are not pretty but I hope as each cycle comes and goes that they improve in leaps and bounds. I'm also REALLY wanting to get into LED lighting so please feel free to share all knowledge regarding this lighting approach it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Growlow

Cheers Pantagruel. I thought I had posted them and realized my error :) Cheers for pointing that out. Second attempt here we go.

20140707_131729.jpg

The room itself.

20140707_131736.jpg

The Diablo Kush that has survived intense temps and high level of other stress factors.

20140707_131746.jpg

AC/DC suffered the same treatment as the Diablo Kush.

20140707_131752.jpg

As did the Harlequin.

20140707_131817.jpg

This is the 50/50 Micky Kush pheno that suffered about 5 weeks of the same temps and stress as the others.

20140707_131826.jpg

This is the Sweet Irish Kush dominant Micky Kush pheno. Has only had the pleasure of perfect temps.

20140707_131835.jpg

This is the Jack the Ripper dominant pheno. The second to enter the room under ideal temps.

For those unfamiliar with the strains and their potecy.

AC/DC 20% CBD /1% THC

Harlequins most common pheno is the 5:2 ratio. The gardener who gave me this clone claims its the 50/50 pheno. My own independent testing will verify whether he's right or not.

The Diablo Kush I'm not too familiar with in terms of its THC potency but again I will have it tested.

Micky Kush has been claimed with a THC% of 28% and up. Once I harvest this first MK I'll get it tested and share all the results.

:nicethread: & sweet room Lowgrow,:high-five: oops, lol, no shortage of HID lumens with those 2 bad boys

Great pics too, how many meapixels are those trichome shots?

I got some good macro's of trich's in my gallery, 14 mega pxl cam.

Great yard Growlow: & excellent job on your detail/first post!:bravo::party:

Darts bounce off trichomes! I can't believe what I just read. "I have thick skin"

is the best post, I've seen outside my yard in months.:woohoo::bigtoke::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Not including comedy, I found 3 great growers, and they have priceless comedy, I can LMAO with a quick visit, when i need a :rofl:

I'm out, sorry for the rants, I think I need another, from down under, to (occasionally) bust balls with,:high-five:

of course while we share, :circle-of-love:learning to grow bigger better buds, faster.

I have thick skin, precious:thumb:

Cheers my mate!:cheesygrinsmiley:Just trying to do the very best indoor I can. I won't claim I am better than the next guy at any point because I'm too busy trying to grow the best flower humanly possible and who gives a shit about a dick measuring contest :) Glad to have you come by and see what I got going on bro. The MP on the microscope is a mere 2. I feel limp after looking at those 14 fuckers yowzers brother! What kind of Scope you got?

On the LED's are there some journals you can link me? I'd love to check em out bro. I'm looking to buy in the next month or so more than likely. Let's collab for sure :) :cheer:

Hahahah That second post was tops mate. Absolute pearler!!

here I go, you asked for it, don;'t be offended, this is friendly FYI. (thin skin would never get this slightly painful help)

if you liked my post, you must have just forgot, that you have to click "like" on the right of the post,

that is a show of :green_heart: appreciation. i b :lot-o-toke:

REPS are similar, but harder to earn REPS/ green bags, under your name, i'm just kidding, this will be a fun yard :peace:

Cheers my mate!:cheesygrinsmiley:Just trying to do the very best indoor I can. I won't claim I am better than the next guy at any point because I'm too busy trying to grow the best flower humanly possible and who gives a shit about a dick measuring contest :) Glad to have you come by and see what I got going on bro. The MP on the microscope is a mere 2. I feel limp after looking at those 14 fuckers yowzers brother! What kind of Scope you got?

On the LED's are there some journals you can link me? I'd love to check em out bro. I'm looking to buy in the next month or so more than likely. Let's collab for sure :) :cheer:

my best pics come from a full body style Olympus 14 meg digital camera, with super macro function (buddy gave me the sweet cam), it takes a steady hand to get a good trich shot, I bought the usb 40 dollar microscope, it does the trick for inspecting trich color (reminds me of a video I must post) usb cam does video , too.

here's one of my clearest trich close ups.
trich0904.png

2 headed trich?
2headedTrich.png

That's mean(New Zealand slang for awesome) as bro:bravo:

Mine is the PLugable 2.0 50x Optical Mag and 200x Digital Mag 2MP. It takes some tinkering with but I have somewhat of a science background so tinkering with lenses and focus is not a biggie. Those photos though. That's a beautiful sight. Once I get tests on this journal I'll lay it all out. I'm really interested to see the level considering the stress the AC/DC. Diablo OG and Harlequin went through. I should probably share in detail what happened in terms of the stress factors on these plants.

9 months ago I started out with a concept to grow in a "Hanging Gardens of Babylon" type environment. I've always known that if I was to grow indoor that for me it would have to be some type of RDWC. I've always grown organically and as sustainable based as possible. So for me it was a no debate that I would transfer that over with me indoors. So at first they started off in soil. All from seed besides the clones already listed.

The larger plants are the AC/DC, Harlequin, Diablo OG, and a now and long gone deceased Blue Dynamite. The smaller are all the MK seeds out of a 10 pack I had bought.
20140130_204814.jpg

I had a family emergency that made me leave my garden for a few days before they had been transplanted into the flower room. My friend was meant to purchase and install the a/c before transplanting but with no prior growing knowledge he thought to himself the heat was a good thing and fed General Organic nutrient directly into a reservoir running at temps upwards of 91f and room temps bordering 98-103 for 3 weeks. You can imagine what happened to my root mass. Thick dark brown/dark green slime. That was radiating heat itself. The Blue Dynamite was dead on arrival.. well mine back into the country at least. I didn't take photos of this pre-surgery but I did take photo's of the roots post-surgery and you'll see that there is still some of that gunk still present.

10492351_10152478463928762_7477855336004252131_n.jpg
1909729_10152478464113762_3553933181934763877_n.jpg

So after I performed emergency surgery and some temp changes. Making the res nothing but water and some CalMag. Surprisingly my Dr Greenthumb pulled a miracle out of its arse. Needless to say they froze and pretty much stopped developing at all. Through the surgery I performed a lot of root mass was lost unfortunately. So for the last 5 weeks I've been playing Dr and catch up. So next round should be bad arse :)

Back
Top Bottom