1st Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Northern Light Blue - All CFL - Hydro in Coco

re: 1st Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Northern Light Blue - All CFL - Hydro in Coco

Cheers invi, i took a few boxs to my local hydro shop to show him and he said they should be fine and asked for some of them to so i gave him some 150w and 250w globes, i do need to look them up on the net and find out as much info as i can on them first but we powered one of the 250w globes up in the shop and he thinks will be fine.
I must admit though i have heard mixed advise when it comes to street light HPS, but the thing that stands out to me is ive been told that a HPS globe is a HPS globe they all have the orange looking colour to them. We shal see and find out in this journal i guess.
I am worried about the heat though in my small tent, if it gets too hot to manage i have a 150w head as well.

re: 1st Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Northern Light Blue - All CFL - Hydro in Coco

a HPS globe is a HPS globe they all have the orange looking colour to them.

Yes, all HPS lights will produce orange color to the human eye, but that's because of the tech used. Photosynthesis uses blue and red rather than orange wavelengths. Hope yours will work fine - if not you will probably notice some more streching than normal, thus loosing some bud sites to penetration later. But you will have enough time to see and swap it if needed.

HPS will give you less heat then CFLs for the same lumen (if you can place the ballast outside of the tent).
A friend has a similar space as you with a 250w, ambient temps usually 70-80F, and he manages with a small inside vent and by keeping the tent half open usually. Increasing ventillation can do wonders, if you need to keep the place closed you can still exhange the air frequently, and increase air circulation inside the tent too.

great grow man! I'll be following as much as I can. +reps to you for the lst.

Cheers mate, i try to update when i can

Cheers dj i do like that vid, especialy the part about letting it dry out and then feeding her a couple of time during flower, makes a lot of sence

Here are some specks i found on the two streetlight HPS globes i found. I will take them down to the hydro shop tomorrow and show my mate to see what he thinks and what he can find out about the spectrum

image2318.jpg
image2317.jpg

Good Weed Hoddog!

My philipps has 2000K and the GE bulb 2100K - yours is just between. does not mean too much for the spectra, but a good sign still.

i believe the High Pressure Sodium light bulb i had previously had a 2100 kelvin temperature, my plants grew just fine with it. i believe you could make those lights work for you in your grow room.

Not long now till the flip hopefully one more week should do it.
I have tried these pics using the ipad because it is so much easier to upload strait from the ipad, i will see how they go and what the quality looks like, so let me know.

As you will be abel to see there are now quite a few tops on the NLB and are starting to develop nicely and the SLH is looking healthy, i have now tied the main stem down with the help of a bit of super cropping. That main top now has about 6 tops all in the one clump so hopfully they start growing their own way.

image2382.jpg

NLB
image2383.jpg

SLH
image2384.jpg

Not long now till the flip hopefully one more week should do it.
I have tried these pics using the ipad because it is so much easier to upload strait from the ipad, i will see how they go and what the quality looks like, so let me know.

As you will be abel to see there are now quite a few tops on the NLB and are starting to develop nicely and the SLH is looking healthy, i have now tied the main stem down with the help of a bit of super cropping. That main top now has about 6 tops all in the one clump so hopfully they start growing their own way.

image2382.jpg

NLB
image2383.jpg

SLH
image2384.jpg

Wassup doggy, one thing that I would do is to position the co2 outlets a couple of inches above the tallest point on the plant, directly over the center of the plant as co2 gas is heavier than air and will fall straight down....just a suggestion! Good lookin plants...+reps!

Nice, they soon fill their space up!

One more thing about co2 - it needs some air circulation, so that it doesn't just 'flow' to the bottom, but mixes up with air.

Cheers for the advise guys, i use to have the bottles and air line supported above for that reason but due to some changes i had to do it the way it is for now, i do get the fan going which not only to circulate the air but also to move the co2 around as well. Hopefully i will have it set up a bit better soon.

Ive got a qustion for every one, my mate and i trimmed some of his plants and all the stems are hollow and very britel, the buds are very leafy and not much swelling but with a lot of crystel.
The lights he is using are 2 x 130w duel spectrum cfl lights which i think might be the problem for flower.
Any advise would be good

Yesterday i took the plunge and wired in the 250w HPS street light and installed in the tent, i just need to keep an eye on it at the moment to make sure the heat doesn't get to much as i want to turn them tomorrow and i will be going away for 5 days.
It looks to be all ok the light penetration looks amazing compared to the cfls

Hope you will like it!
CFLs won't get near that (well at least not in 3-400W :) )!

Could you put the ballast out of the tent?

And i think you might be correct regarding your friends grow - if the plant is healthy looking otherwise, and it has proper genetics not a random strain & hemp cross, it is most likely a light issue. Sounds likely anyway, not sure what is the real output of those CFLs, but i think you need about 6-8k lumens / square foot to get dense buds.

Back
Top Bottom