1st Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Northern Light Blue - All CFL - Hydro in Coco

re: 1st Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Northern Light Blue - All CFL - Hydro in Coco

Love your little co2 set up think I will do something similar as I have most the most ready at hand

re: 1st Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Northern Light Blue - All CFL - Hydro in Coco

Love your little co2 set up think I will do something similar as I have most the most ready at hand

Cheers mate as others stated before its better to have them suspended above the plants so the co2 can fall down over them

Do you have any way of measuring the co2 amounts in ur room? Would be interested to no the levels that kind of set up can produce.
Also what kind of regular maintenance does ur setup need?

Do you have any way of measuring the co2 amounts in ur room? Would be interested to no the levels that kind of set up can produce.
Also what kind of regular maintenance does ur setup need?

I've done this and it works, a noticeable difference. I had to recharge mine every four or five days.

Thanks I am a bit cautios of the co2 introduction onto my grow/next grow as this ones almost done.
Just because of not noting if the amount it would produce could have a harmfully effect to ppl sleeping in the room that my cupboard is in.
No doubt it's super benificial to the plants. I'd buy a tank with regulator but I don't want to get into that type of money.
This system would suit my great if I new it to be safe

Thanks I am a bit cautios of the co2 introduction onto my grow/next grow as this ones almost done.
Just because of not noting if the amount it would produce could have a harmfully effect to ppl sleeping in the room that my cupboard is in.
No doubt it's super benificial to the plants. I'd buy a tank with regulator but I don't want to get into that type of money.
This system would suit my great if I new it to be safe

I slept with mine, 2- 1 litres, but I was off a little to begin with!

Off as in feeling unwell? That's we're my worry comes in I can't vent outside so its strate into the room. I do have a co2 alarm downstairs I guess I could sleep that in the room too be a warning device. I think it alarms at 1500 ppm. I may be way off and imagining that but it seems to ring a bell when I think back to reading the instructions

With co2 you need additional conditions fullfilled:
- higher temps (30-35 degrees, no less no more, higher ppm should come with higher temps)
- intense light - anything below 7500 lumen/sq foot will not do (check out my lemon :) )
- stable ppm between 1000-1500 (2000 and up are harmful for the plant, 1500 is the target)
- more nutes & water
- sealed grow room with timed exhaust venting to release heat that will build up in the sealed room
- heavy ventillation inside the tent

Without these you will probably not get too good results (not worth the money/smell/work).
Also using bottled co2 means you do not generate any more co2, just use the already existing gas.
CO2 has to stop in last 2 weeks of flowering, so ripening wont speed up too much!

The way i see this - either you do it proper, spending some cash or it's not necessarily worth the hassle. For me it cost about 250-300 pounds for initial costs and for the gas for this grow, and i think it can bring back the price in 1-3 grows - but i have a feeling that i can get much more from it with proper temps and less mistakes. If you can get a co2 meter cheaper, that cannot switch the co2 valve, you can still set it up nice using a timer and a little experimenting.

I had some yeast, but with the meter being there breathing is probably more effective than yeast. Of course my 8 m3 grow space might be too much for the yeast method. It might work if you have a much smaller sealed space, but then co2 OD might happen too, which you want to avoid. And you cant put a solenoid on the yeast bottle...
Also ppms above 2500 causes ill effects on human body - drowsyness, and possibly actual damage if this ppm persist for a long time (days).

With co2 you need additional conditions fullfilled:
- higher temps (30-35 degrees, no less no more, higher ppm should come with higher temps)
- intense light - anything below 7500 lumen/sq foot will not do (check out my lemon :) )
- stable ppm between 1000-1500 (2000 and up are harmful for the plant, 1500 is the target)
- more nutes & water
- sealed grow room with timed exhaust venting to release heat that will build up in the sealed room
- heavy ventillation inside the tent

Without these you will probably not get too good results (not worth the money/smell/work).
Also using bottled co2 means you do not generate any more co2, just use the already existing gas.
CO2 has to stop in last 2 weeks of flowering, so ripening wont speed up too much!

The way i see this - either you do it proper, spending some cash or it's not necessarily worth the hassle. For me it cost about 250-300 pounds for initial costs and for the gas for this grow, and i think it can bring back the price in 1-3 grows - but i have a feeling that i can get much more from it with proper temps and less mistakes. If you can get a co2 meter cheaper, that cannot switch the co2 valve, you can still set it up nice using a timer and a little experimenting.

I had some yeast, but with the meter being there breathing is probably more effective than yeast. Of course my 8 m3 grow space might be too much for the yeast method. It might work if you have a much smaller sealed space, but then co2 OD might happen too, which you want to avoid. And you cant put a solenoid on the yeast bottle...
Also ppms above 2500 causes ill effects on human body - drowsyness, and possibly actual damage if this ppm persist for a long time (days).

ANY enrichment would be beneficial, I was challenged to try it and it works..........no problems breathing or anything like that at all! My plants are in my room so they get the benefit of our breathing too!

ANY enrichment would be beneficial, I was challenged to try it and it works..........no problems breathing or anything like that at all! My plants are in my room so they get the benefit of our breathing too!

Breathing is surprisingly effective! I checked it on the meter several times... Maybe i could measure some yeast with a fixed recepie so there is some data about that? Not sure anyone would be interested that much, probably it is heavily temp dependant.

Breathing is surprisingly effective! I checked it on the meter several times... Maybe i could measure some yeast with a fixed recepie so there is some data about that? Not sure anyone would be interested that much, probably it is heavily temp dependant.

It's cheap, and mcloadie promises it works!

Hi guys sorry ive been MIA for so long, long story, but the street light is working a treat and the girls look awsome, as with other SLH grows mine is about 2-3 weeks behind the NLB which is a bit of a pain but all good.
The CO2 i use is just a mix of 1 tsp of dry yeast and aprox 16 tsp of raw sugar and luke warm water it only releases very small rate of CO2, i have no complaints with it the only problem is its been so cold that it wouldnt be making a big diffrence a much better option to use in summer.
I gave the NLB a big trim abot 3 days ago and i think she is thankfull for it.
I will try to get some good pics up later today, ive been using my phone but the come out shit with the hps so i will go out with the digital camera later today and upload.
Now its time to catch up on everyone elses journals.

Well i have finally got some updated pics the first lot are from the 6th of August i had allready given the NLB a trim and now just given the SLH a trim

I will know for next time to probably do the SLH on its own because of the extra weeks in flower, it makes it hard to stick to a sceduald feeding system when using the recirculating method. Its all trial and error.

Before
IMG_94772.JPG

After
IMG_94891.JPG

IMG_94871.JPG

IMG_9475.JPG

Sorry about the sideways pics
These pics are taken today, i have had to tie a few buds down as they just keep growing and are starting to get to close to the street light im using.

Im loving the growth of the NLB and cant beleive how the buds keep getting biger and bigger every day, yum,yum,yum.
The SLH is starting to take off in bud development now which is great but is about 2 weeks behind the NLB

IMG_9492.JPG

NLB
IMG_94932.JPG

SLH
IMG_94941.JPG

IMG_94952.JPG

IMG_94972.JPG

IMG_9500.JPG

Well another week on now and loving the development. The pics were taken yesterday but laptop playing up again
Used the canna PK13-14 so hopefully some swelling. The SLH has defenatly swelled but its also about 2 weeks behind the NLB. Not alot of frost on both but proberbly the same amount on both.
Thinking of having a crack at reveging both when finnished and then keeping the best of the two and doing a single scrog like grow with mass LSTing

NLB on the right and SLH on the left
IMG_95442.JPG

NLB
IMG_95352.JPG
IMG_9538.JPG
IMG_95453.JPG

SLH
IMG_95412.JPG
IMG_95401.JPG

Back
Top Bottom