1st Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Northern Light Blue - All CFL - Hydro in Coco

Hoddog

Well here goes the first Journal, I have learnt so much here that itg only makes sence to put it out there for every one to see.
Sorry about spelling and gramah mistakes but thats the way it is, anyway lets get into some info.....
My seeds were orderd from herbies seeds as found here and i was very happy with them.
first seed
Green House Super Lemon Haze Feminised Seeds Specs

Super Lemon Haze

Genetics:

Lemon Skunk x Super Silver Haze

Effect:

It's a very powerful high,

Flowering indoor:

9-10 weeks with a production
up to 700 gr/sqm

Flowering outdoor:

finishes end October in northern hemisphere,
production up to 1000 gr/plant.

THC:

22.9%

Related Strains: View all Haze Cannabis Seeds, all Lemon Haze Cannabis Seeds, all Super Lemon Haze Cannabis Seeds.
Green House Super Lemon Haze Feminised Cannabis Seeds Info

Awards: 1st prize HTCC 2008

The Super Lemon Haze has won the 2008 High Times Cannabis Cup with a landslide of votes. Between the many reasons: its incredibly intense lemony flavour, with a strong haze background. It's a sharp and intense taste, which reminds of lemon, lime and pink grapefruit, followed by a very earthy and musky haze aftertaste, with traces of incense and black pepper.
The effect is very balanced; it starts with a quick indica-hit feeling that softly moves to a very strong high, with a social and creative side.
The Super Lemon Haze is a very smooth compromise between the great qualities of its parents. It has 9-10 weeks flowering time, and a very typical Christmas tree shape.
Plants tend to grow quite tall, but the internodes are not too far apart, and allow easy topping.
The leaves are very sativa-like, while bud formation comes dense and has a high calyx-to-leaf ratio.
The Super Lemon Haze is very effective both indoors and outdoors, and responds very well to high-EC hydro systems as well as organic soil setups.
When cultivated in soil, the spectrum of terpens is more developed and gives an extra lemony flavour.
The THC is high at over 22%, ensuring a very psychedelic experience to even the most experienced smokers.

Delicious Northern Light Blue Feminised Seeds Specs

Genotype:

100% indica.

THC:

20%

Production indoor:

500 gr/m²

Production outdoor:

450gr/plant

Harvest indoors:

50-55 days ,

Harvest outdoors.:

middle of September

Delicious Northern Light Blue Feminised Seeds Info

An Indica with enhanced medicinal properties that is ideal for relieving chronic pain and other illnesses. Without exaggerating its organoleptic qualities, this strain has a subtle aroma of forest fruits (such as blueberries, strawberries and raspberries...) and produces a pleasurable sensation of wellbeing that is also sedative. Ideal for long meditation sessions or just chilling out!

An Indica with enhanced medicinal properties that is ideal for relieving chronic pain and other illnesses. Without exaggerating its organoleptic qualities, this strain has a subtle aroma of forest fruits (such as blueberries, strawberries and raspberries...) and produces a pleasurable sensation of wellbeing that is also sedative.

Ideal for long meditation sessions or just chilling out!

Sounds good.
Germination of seeds was over night in cups of warm water, the tap roots were poking out of the seeds in aprox 30hrs.
they were then put into coco starter cubes and had sprouted out of the cubes another 24hrs later.

Current lights ar 2x 42w CFL on the outside ( as in photos) and 2x 28w CFL on the inside.
They will be kept under this light for aprox 3-4 weeks untill my other two in flower are finnished (tent room)

current ferts are Rhizotonic at 4ml/lt and very mild grow fert.
Will give a detailied list of fert program once they start having a full weekly program.

feel free to join in and offer any advise or critisism (?????) as i have said befor that the amont of knowledge here is amasing

Cheers:420:

07/04/13 3days since putting seeds in water......SLH is on the left and NLB is on right
IMG_91231.JPG

IMG_91241.JPG

09/04/13
IMG_91411.JPG

IMG_9142.JPG

13/04/13 added a clone from flowering plant dont care if works or not
IMG_9150.JPG

IMG_9153.JPG

15/04/13
IMG_91541.JPG

20/04/13 added a clone off capsicon plant ( kids snapped it of )
IMG_91691.JPG

23/04/13
IMG_9189.JPG

re: 1st Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Northern Light Blue - All CFL - Hydro in Coco

Ya really good the nthn light blue had to be topped and supercroped to try and slow her down but she wants to just keep going. The SLH is coming along nicely now except for some deformed leaves at the top and a bit of discolouration in other leaves.
They are both receiving the same nutes and conditions but i have read somewhere that the SLH is a bit harder to grow then other strains and does take a bit longer.
Hopefuly have pics up tonight or tomorrow.

re: 1st Journal - Super Lemon Haze & Northern Light Blue - All CFL - Hydro in Coco

The slow growth and slight discolouration of the slh could be a shade to strong nutes. Its sativa dominent and doesn't like to much from what iv read.
Could be just a slow grower though. My super lemmon haze have never received full strength nutes yet. During veg most they got was half strength and now 4 weeks in flower were upto 3/4 strength flowering feed.

Looking forward to ur piks man

Hahh i got the very same 2 strains in my current grow :)

Good luck with them!

And take extra care for the lemon, it is really sensitive to too much nutes - i would give half of what the NL gets and then see if it's still hungry. If you use canna schedule, hold back on it by all means and watch out for N toxicity (very dark green leaves, curling downwards). It depends on pheno of course, but i just feed it PK now, and no flowering nutes for more than 2 weeks (in soil).

Be very careful with her feeding!

This is N overdose on lemon - the lighter green areas are signs of recovery after the flush it got. Those dark leaves will not heal over time, so only new growth will look fine, even if she is getting better.

Do you have more pics? :)

I spent a while trying to load pics but my laptop is giving me the shits will try again later today.
I have come to the conclusion that i dont think mine is SLH as the leaves are fat in comparison to other peoples pics.
But hopefully i can get the pics up today and get everyones opinion. I will say though that it does really only want half strength nutes and after fimming the top all the under growth is starting to grow nicely and looking healthy.
Alex yours are looking great and invi i will head over and have a look at yours im loving the northen light blue, i think would be great for both SOG or SCROG

Finally got the laptop going
Some pics, the Northern light blue has been topped once and supercroped about 6 places and then a bit of LST work
The SLH has been fimed and is taking along time for the new tops to take off although the lower growth is coming along nicely

25/5
20130525_172326.jpg

27/5
20130527_154407.jpg

29/5 before
20130529_152806.jpg

29/5 after
20130529_153713.jpg

02/06
20130602_163005.jpg

04/06
20130604_164130.jpg

04/06 SLH
20130604_164140.jpg

Looking good man.. Best of luck with the SLH.. I am growing it too . One thing you have to watch out for is the stretch in the first few weeks of flower. Mine almost tripled in size !
I agree with Alex , don't give SLH too much. i've been giving it 25-50% of recommended dosage since veg till week 5 in flower now and its doing great. however i might increase the dosage just about now.

Done a bit of a trim to open the girls up to some light. Im happy with the SLH she looks really healthy now but still growing very slow compared to the NLB which is showing a few signs of wanting stronger nutes but is still coming along nicely.
I will look at flipping them in about a week or two what do you all think pics to follow shortly.
When i turn them im going to try out a 250w HPS street light head in the tent with the 6 x 24w cfl. Got it from work so see how it goes

Nice Hoddog!

Lemon likes scrog too, don't let her do the xmas tree :) LST plan sounds nice.
About the street HPS - be careful, some of those have incorrect spectra, and are not really applicable for plants (strech only, not much bud & leaf development). Check the spectra, but i would get a bulb designed for plant growth.

I love lemon and NL Blue too so far hope they make you happy as well :)

Back
Top Bottom