1st Medical Grow, 3 Strains in 2x4 Hydrohut

FUKING AWSOME!!!!!!
:adore:

Thank's Deerhunter!! I am quite amazed myself...I can't wait till there fully harvested and cured and tasty as ever....(I just hope I get the curing right, makes me really nervous)

There just right around the corner Ice babies are looking very healthy an dense as F**k lol tons of trich's an those blues Ugh we have to hook up in SD bro

I am so happy how they are turning out Crower, all the care and reading I did for my 1st grow seems to have worked well, way more than I ever expected or pictured at first. I really just hope I get the curing right, the 1st chemband buds I tried really didn't smell too good (had that green/grassy smell to them) so I think they dried out too much before putting them in the jar's. I have been letting the blue dragon buds I pulled about a week ago dry out in my closet and just jarred them today. So far they still have a very strong blueberry arroma but I am just hoping that it gets better thru curing. I want to get it right before I harvest, so I don't end up messing up these beautiful ladies... yeah it would be cool to head to SD, never been there and heard it's really fun, do u fish? Id be fun to try each others herbs and hit the water... I heard SD has great fishing too...

It's almost time for sure. I cant wait to smoke my first stuff that I grew!!!!!

Surfin, your doing an excellent job on your ladies!! I plucked a few nugs early just to practice drying and curing and even oven dried a few to try them out...I guess there temptation got me...lol... Your new equip you bought looks really nice too...can't wait to see it on grow 2!!

Thanks everyone for the luv and encouragement!!! Much appreciated!!!

That's some killer colas. Just got my screen made hopefully they turn out decent. Been trying out a lot of different methods to see which suits my environment, and produce good colas (like yours). Thanks for the inspiration man. How many more weeks until harvest? 2-3?

That's some killer colas. Just got my screen made hopefully they turn out decent. Been trying out a lot of different methods to see which suits my environment, and produce good colas (like yours). Thanks for the inspiration man. How many more weeks until harvest? 2-3?

Thanks Twelve12 !!! I can't wait till these baby's are finished but still not sure how much longer they will take. My blue dragons are supposed to be 7 week finish, but they are just starting week 7 and I am only seeing very few amber trichomes so I am guessing that they still have another 2 to maybe 3 weeks till harvest. I am really impressed what some good research, environment, clones and some time can produce, along with the support of 420 Mag!..

The fishing out here SD all depends what areas you go an yea if your pier fishing Ocean Beach is always fun tons of mac an what not I love fishing lol I'm stoked about your first grow an love how were a day apart my next journal isn't going to happen for about a month or so were moving into that new house etc...

Your grow is looking really good Crower, just curious but why are you pulling so soon, and what are you using to judge your crop readyness? Can't wait to see the setup in the new crib on your next grow...I'll def chime in!!

curing is every thing!!! dont rush cure / weed will be not right!!

Sorry everyone for being a little behind on my updates...been busy catching up from the holiday weekend..

So on the 6th of July, Day 43 of flowering I decided to give the ladies a very clean watering, not much nutrients but more soil additives and amendments to give the girls a chance to start using up some of the soil nutrients as well as give them a little break from the heavy feedings... Mixed up in 5 gallons of distilled water, 40ml of humic acid, 10ml of EJ microblast, 20ml of EJ catalyst and 30 ml of hygrowzyme.. I aerated the soil with my el cheepo soil tester, just pushed it into the soil about 3x per pot in different areas, and then watered the ladies until the drain pans were full.

Around July 3rd, I changed out the 400wMH light and put back in the 400w HPS with the 600w HPS. I decided to keep switching the 400 every other week to give extra red one week, and extra UV-b the other week with the MH to get best of both worlds. The plants under the dual HPS are really showing a ton of thickening and really starting to "popcorn" out...

My blue dragons are getting very close to harvest, I have been checking the trichomes with a 30x lupe and most are still very clear to slighly cloudy with only about 1-5% of them amber. The fragerence's have really been quite pungent this last week so I know the plant is building all those essential oils!!! Today I tried the dried out blue dragon nug from about a week and a half ago. It didn't have much for smell, I think it definitely needed to cure longer, but when squeezed, smelled very sweet fruity and blueberryish. Upon smoking it, almost a very sweet bluedream type taste, very smooth and supprisingly the ash burnt almost all gray...not bad for premature and no flush...Good old organics!! The high was quite good as well, kept me going for quite a while, very spacy and head high, not much for couch lock..

The chemband and the university og are also very stinky at this time and really swelling up. There are still many white hairs so I figure these are at least 2 weeks behind the blue dragons so will probably be another 4-5 week until harvest. I was told they were 9 to 10 week plants. The chemband is really developing very perfect pinecone shaped tight cola's, I am very impressed.

Well I will shoot some more photo's today as well. I am almost temped to cut off one of the blue dragon cola's *smaller one of course, to practice drying and curing again and see if this time I can nail it down better to get that yumm yumm taste!!!

Thanks Twelve12 !!! I can't wait till these baby's are finished but still not sure how much longer they will take. My blue dragons are supposed to be 7 week finish, but they are just starting week 7 and I am only seeing very few amber trichomes so I am guessing that they still have another 2 to maybe 3 weeks till harvest. I am really impressed what some good research, environment, clones and some time can produce, along with the support of 420 Mag!..

I think your Blue Dragons is extending its flowering time due to the Hygrozyme. The girls should get very little to none during the last few weeks of flowering. Later use of Hygrozyme in flowering cycles makes residual nitrogen available and can extend flowering times so be cautious. Cut back all nutes and flush the last week it should ripen up, amber will appear and you're ready to harvest.

Today July 8th, Day 45 of flowering. My blue dragons seem to be arriving right on schedule... I checked the trichomes today and more amber. I would say about 1/4 of the trichomes are now amber so the time is coming soon to cut these ladies down. I am happy that I already have been lessening the nutrients for these ladies, next feeding will be stricktly water, molassas, my fruit juices and catalyst.

I am really nervous about getting the drying/curing right, so I sacrificed another nug of the blue dragon, this time a fat cola. I really want to make sure that I am drying and curing right so I felt it was a worthy sacrifice. Total 11.1g is the wet weight of the pulled cola, so I am thinking when dry it should weigh in around 5 grams or so...not too bad when i have about 30 of these growing!!!

My chembands and UVH OG are also really fattening up, but still most of the pistil's are white and not showing maturity yet so I think these will at least be another 3 weeks or so... I may try to cut only the top cola's on the blue dragon when harvesting and let the bottoms go another few days to help fatten them up. We will see though...

I can't wait till these ladies are done...they are smelling sooo potent now I cant wait to give them a taste!!

i ordered a led grow panel to ad in big closet / cant wait!!

Here are the photo's for July 8th, Day 45 of flowering...

Here are two photo's of the Blue Dragon Cola I cut today, weighed in at 11.1g wet....
DSC022071.JPG
DSC022083.JPG

Full Tent overview
DSC022091.JPG

My super trichome covered University Hill's OG's
DSC022102.JPG

My very dense frosty Chemband's there are tons of tops hidden in the foliage
DSC02211.JPG

My beautiful Blue Dragon's
DSC022121.JPG

A nice comparison of my Blue Dragon cola's
DSC022131.JPG

Another shot of the blue dragon cola
DSC022142.JPG

The ever so sexy looking Chemband top
DSC022153.JPG

My supercropped University Hill's OG
DSC022161.JPG

Another blue dragon close up
DSC022182.JPG

Full tent shot
DSC022191.JPG

Blue dragon twin tower comparison
DSC022201.JPG

very/very/ clean and fukn sweet!!!!:adore:

I think your Blue Dragons is extending its flowering time due to the Hygrozyme. The girls should get very little to none during the last few weeks of flowering. Later use of Hygrozyme in flowering cycles makes residual nitrogen available and can extend flowering times so be cautious. Cut back all nutes and flush the last week it should ripen up, amber will appear and you're ready to harvest.

Thanks for the advice Twelve12, so your saying that I should flush now, and when 1/2 to 3/4 amber pull the ladies....or start flushing when I see 1/2 amber...? I am confused because I have heard both ways...

also just an idea, but since with organics the soil is feeding the plant and it heavily relies on the micro herds for this, what if I was to flush with tap/city water with cholomines in it? would this kill my microherds, therefore cutting off the supply of nutrients? just a thought?

Also, what is everyone watering with for flush, strait water, water with molassus, fruit juices....any tricks for upping the THC production the last few weeks...I can't do the darkness trick because of the multi strains growing in my tent.... I read harvesting in the morning is highest THC content...any other tricks?

i ordered a led grow panel to ad in big closet / cant wait!!

Nice purchase with the LED....I really would like to set up a veg tent with LED to save on power and cooling fans, but still a little out of price range for me...

Can't wait to see it in action!!

couple pics

couple pics

Got any tips for drying, curing you could share? How much does it smell while drying..? I was thinking about just using my walk in closet to dry, but didn't know if odor control will be necessary while drying....how stinky is it compared to just the budding plants..more less or equal?

Nice yield by the way...what was your total dry weight...

If anyone can share some details on curing and drying I would really appreciate it..not posted links but what actually works for you.... I have an arrangement to provide some of my nugs to a local dispensary, but I want them to be as quality as possible...

So far what I have found is this...

1. cut buds and main fans and either hang dry or rack dry with 40-60% RH until the stems snap with bending...(1-3 weeks)

2. Trim off all sugar leafs and manicure for curing...

3. place loosely into brown paper bags for 3-4 days until buds are almost completely dry

4. after bag dried, and no signs of wetness or mold, place buds into canning jars with RH digital meter... keep RH between 50 to 60% and burp the jars when humidity starts climbing out of that range...

5. Keep in jars and keep burping till buds are completely dry... (1-4 weeks or more)

Does this sound about right to everyone???

So the total drying curing process for Medical top shelf quality nugs is at least 1 month??? how long does it usually take...

I am in southern california, RH usually around 40% and temps inside usually between 70-85 degrees..

On my 1st test dry, it took at least 1 week for the bud to be just half dry...I am guessing about 2 weeks for the bigger cola's and up... curing for 1 week started to bring the good smell out and bad greeny smell away, but bud was still moist and not at top potential, what is average time for jar curing...

Also, do you get a better product rack drying or hang drying...I was thinking about gutting an old filing cabinet, taking the bottoms out of the drawers and replacing them with screen, installing a top extraction fan, and having some vent holes on the bottom...for a mild air circulation with no direct wind.... would I benifit or would it just be as good to hang with a circualtion fan?

all kinds of ways . , the longer it cures , the beter the weed is!

we all learn each harvest; u will come up with ur own way!

Hey Icemud, flushing 1 week prior to harvesting helps take away the unused hygrozyme lingering in the pot, which could trigger additional growth and prolong finishing. Also, the plants will think it is starving it uses its available energy (fan leaves) to produce more trichomes in hope to catch more pollen to pass on its genetics before it dies. It's a good stress the plant is finishing strong. You can try half crop flushing 1 week prior to harvesting, while the other just feeding it till the end and see it for yourself. I've done both, and flushing does help a lot even in organic mixture.

For watering add 10ml/gal of molasses and flush.

Back
Top Bottom