1st Post First Attempt At Growing: Indoor LED Setup In Tent: Comments Welcome!

Mornin' @Herb Dean those plants sure look healthy! Watch backs of leaves for eggs/larvae, soil for same, def get the yellow strips, maybe some preemptive pest treatment? I don't know what that would be but we'll get some smart folks up in here soon to expound on a solution. I saw a little black gnat around my girls a while ago but I think it was just a coincidence, nothing came of it. (knocks on wood) A interwebs good vibes chant helps also...NO BUGS NO BUGS NO BUGS!! GL mate, Cheers!:yahoo:

Haha NO BUGS!! That’s the mantra :D

Checked on the girls this morning and couldn’t see anything under the leaves or anywhere else for that matter so hopefully it was just a small random bug in the room and not related to the plants. Fingers crossed!

Gave them their daily feed and they’re looking very happy.

Messed around with LST but felt like it was pulling too hard on her so abandoned the mission for now.
I’ll have to go to my hardware store this week and find a solution to do it gently.

Cheers guys have a sweet day! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Haha NO BUGS!! That’s the mantra :D

Messed around with LST but felt like it was pulling too hard on her so abandoned the mission for now.
I’ll have to go to my hardware store this week and find a solution to do it gently.

Cheers guys have a sweet day! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Rubber coated floral wire works great and will be reusable for many grows to come.

Not much to report on today.

Things seem to be going well. Checked for signs of bugs and haven’t been able to find any so think we’re safe. Will still be looking at getting some preventative measures as suggested from the 420 family.

Been keeping an eye out for pistils and every time I think I find some it’s just the aux buds haha

Here’s a pic of the girls cozying up in their tent

Another solid day of growing in the books over my way guys.

No bugs have dared set foot back in my vicinity. I think they knew I meant business.

Tiny little bit of tip burn on the brand new growth for the Acapulco so will be working out the feed more accurately tomorrow.

My ph and ppm meters both arrived today. The budget ones since I’ve got to scrape a bit together to get something decent but needed a more accurate reading than green=good :D

Both showing solid growth daily now.

Will be going tomorrow to look for the foam flower wire and some bug strips.

Have a sweet day crew!

Hey crew!

Hope everyone’s been having a sweet week.

Just a little follow up to keep you posted on my (hopefully) girls.

Switched my nutes this week. Decided to change to coco canna a and b and use them alongside my coco calmag I’m currently using.

Checked my ph levels and they’re right around the 6 mark so I’m happy with that.

Did notice some tip burn on some new growth for the mainlined acapulco but honestly could probably put it down to not enough runoff the previous 2 days. Since then I’ve given it larger waters to try and push any salts out.

Looks good so far.

I played around a little bit more with LST on the auto but I’m still a bit uncomfortable about it haha.

Funny cos I had no issue with topping or defoliating lol.

The lower leaves of the blueberry auto are touching the ground... even though I defoliated the lower ones that originally touched coco.. I guess as the leaves get bigger and heavier it’s the way it goes. Should I cut the ones that touch the ground? I thought they might absorb salts..

thanks crew much love!

Little update on the grow..

Been having some nutrient issues with both girls but the Acapulco seemed sadder with her lower leaves drooping and yellowing and the tips higher up burning.

I gave both plants a flush with ph water and reduced the amount of feed, also cutting the calmag for now to be safe.

Plants seem happy a few days later but I decided to defoliate a lot of the sad leaves and undergrowth on the Acapulco to direct energy to new growth.

No sex showing on Acapulco nearly 2 months in.. I’m thinking I’ll give her a week to recover and then flip the lights to 12/12. Any advice on this I’ll be happy to take.

I’ve attached pictures along with a shot of the blueberry showing sex. Is it too soon to tell? This is the first sign I’ve seen. Do the pistils come from this pod or am I looking at a male pollen sack? It’s a fem seed so assuming the former.

Cheers guys much love and happy growing!

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can help me out with a little advice.

I noticed some green algae on the top of the coco in one of my pots.
I’ve been watering once a day and humidity is usually around 50% but evidently I should have been letting the coco dry out a little more.

Is this something to worry about? Do I scrape it off or spray it with anything?
If you would like any photos to help confirm anything let me know.

Thanks team appreciate any help you can offer :thumb:

So below is a photo of the algae. It’s only on the Acapulco from what I can find.

No feed today and maybe not even tomorrow. I’m thinking I might actually let the plants start to wilt slightly to show me how long they’re comfortable without as I’ve never done that.

I read that algae works like any plant and needs light, water and nutrients so I’m drying it out. Also covered the top of the pot with duct tape. I know this isn’t probably ideal as I need air flow down there but I’m trying to starve it of light.

Again, please comment any advice, I could really use the help.

Cheers guys!

Been a while since I last posted as I was moving house and crazy with work so it’s been tough.

Managed to get the girls back to a state I’m happy with. I’ve been feeding as per the Canna nute schedule so their roots are obviously loving the love :cheesygrinsmiley:

The BBB pistils showed themselves a few days back but STILL nothing from Acapulco!

Fingers crossed it’s a she haha!

Hey guys, happy easter!

Just a quick photo update of my girls. All going great currently, no issues to speak of.

Flipped lights to flower on Good Friday :yummy:

Humidity is a little high at 70-80% so I’m going to be getting a dehumidifier to stop any issues from arising.

Have got pistils on both the Blueberry and the Acapulco and I’m so stoked! Really didn’t get too attached to the Acapulco as it was never a feminised seed and didn’t want to get my hopes up so it feels like a bonus now that the little white hairs have started to show :D

Stretch time coming up I guess!

Cheers guys much love always!

Just a quick update as I’m excited with the progress.

Some good pistils showing on Acapulco now and I’m super relieved haha!

Blueberry Bliss has some pretty exciting stuff going on right now also!

Such a treat to poke my head in and see them in there happy after work.

Actually, when I fed yesterday I didn’t get much runoff from Acapulco and she seems to be showing signs of nitrogen toxicity so I think next feed I’ll dial the nutes back a little and aim for 20% runoff to try and reset her a little :meditate:

Hey Herb Dean, great that Acapulco signaled it's a girl and that you've got it's nutes/watering sorted out. I'm enjoying watching the grow!
How have you found the pH meter you bought? In my recent grow (still in the drying stage) I experienced what seems was a nute lockup about 1/2 way thru flowering so I am looking to get a meter of some type too and interested in any feedback on use/accuracy/reliability

Hey Herb Dean, great that Acapulco signaled it's a girl and that you've got it's nutes/watering sorted out. I'm enjoying watching the grow!
How have you found the pH meter you bought? In my recent grow (still in the drying stage) I experienced what seems was a nute lockup about 1/2 way thru flowering so I am looking to get a meter of some type too and interested in any feedback on use/accuracy/reliability
Thanks for checking it out, glad you’re enjoying it so far :welcome:

To be honest with you I’ve been moving house and had a lot going on and haven’t had a chance to get myself distilled water and calibrate it yet so I’m still currently going off the ph drip test and gauging the colour chart haha.

Did you change your nute ratios or anything midway through flower?
What made you think it was nute lockout?
I hope you still ended up with bud you’re happy with!

Thanks for checking it out, glad you’re enjoying it so far :welcome:

To be honest with you I’ve been moving house and had a lot going on and haven’t had a chance to get myself distilled water and calibrate it yet so I’m still currently going off the ph drip test and gauging the colour chart haha.

Did you change your nute ratios or anything midway through flower?
What made you think it was nute lockout?
I hope you still ended up with bud you’re happy with!

Change to nutes; No not really I was growing in super soil so aside from some phosphate guano top dressing just regular watering. It started half way thru flowering, suddenly appeared to go from healthy green to progressive yellowing/lightening. Nute lockup is just a likely theory at present. My harvest is currently still drying but the trichomes looked pretty good in the end. I would have perhaps preferred a little more amber but one plant flowered for 11 weeks and the other 13 weeks so they weren't underdone!

Anyway, good luck. I'll be interested how you find your pH pen.

Back
Top Bottom