1st RDWC having nutrient problems?

lendee

This is my 1st RDWC, all my other grows have been aeroponics,I have 2ea 600watt lights, 2 ea 28 gallon containers each with a 10" net pod in them with 2 plants in each net pod. This is controlled by a 13 gallon res tank and a 4000ltr/1025 gph pump which is running 24/7. I have a 571 GPH air pump feeding 2 3" air stones in each 28 gal container and a 3" stone in my res tank this also runs 24/7. I do plan to add another 571 gph air pump doubling the air to all 3 containers. The total capacity of the system is 47 gal/ 178 liters.I use only RO water. I start my plants in coco filed Dixie cups and transfer to 2 plants ea in 10" net pods in bubble buckets for about 2 to 3 weeks. I run the bubble buckets at 500 ppm's 250 ppm's cal/mag & 250 ppm's nutrient. I use general hydroponics 3 part nutrient mostly in veg then when I leave the bubble buckets at about week 6 and go to RDWC I use Flora Nova Bloom 1 part nutrient but I still keep PPM's at 500 never over 700 all depends on how fast nutrient is up taken by the plants.
At the start of this grow about week 2 while changing the solution in the bubble buckets i noticed brown slime on the outermost roots in both buckets "I think I did not have enough air from the small pump I was using" I used H2O2 "Hydrogen Peroxide" 29% (not your household chemical) at 1ml/gal 1st week then 2ml/gal for the next few weeks untill at week 6 I transferred from buckets to the RDWC system I also changed air pump to 571gph pump. After the 1st 2 weeks of this treatment the slime was gone. But I'm still having a yellowing problem with the older dew leaves 'see pictures' Remember each net pod has 2 plants I have 3 sour diesel and one CAT plants.
Upon moving from bubble bucket to RDWC the roots were in excellent shape nice and white no signs of slime at all so I figured that the H2O2 wasn't agreeing with the sour diesel plants the CAT has totally clear of any yellowing and 2 of the sour diesel plants in one planter were almost totally clear of any yellowing while I was still seeing a lot on the one sour diesel 'see pictures'.
I am now at the beginning of week 8 "2weeks in RDWC" plants look good yellowing has diminished I did start with the beginning of RDWC Botanicare Aqua shield @ 5ml/gal and started general hydroponic pure blend tea @ 5ml/gal and dropped the H2O2 "H2O2 will destroy your bennies I understand". The plants look good considering nice lime green new growth but are barley consuming anything but water 55 ppms in a week??? I usually use this much in a day??
DSC017717.JPG
DSC017777.JPG
DSC017854.JPG
DSC017843.JPG
DSC017806.JPG

Thanks to new member I look at the chart and found it very useful I thank you for the info. What I found out was I was again fighting low oxygen in the water called (DO dispersed oxygen) and because I had a bout with brown slime during veg I added Quuashield by Botanicare (for bennie support) but most of all I added another 571 gph air pump to my RDWC system. I now have 1 571 gal per hour air pump to each 28 gal container. Even though I had a 40001/1025gph pump on the system and was actually over circulating there just wasn't enough DO in the water and my plants were drowning after adding the 2nd air pump and the aquashield for backup all is normal have lots of fast growing new vegetation on all the sour diesels and the CAT plant never was affected "who knows it probably liked the low 02" it seems to like more 02 also. Here are my girls just fliped starting bloom cycle.
DSC018062.JPG

Back
Top Bottom