will this light be enough?

• will it work

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • does any one use this light

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spetznaz18

Hi all
I bought a 14w LED grow panel for a square foot stealth grow box here are the specs on this light:

Power - 13.8 w
LED qty - 225 pcs (165 red, 60 blue
Color - R+B blue 450~460 nm red 635 ~ 650:

Also using chocolate kush a mostly indica strain

Will this light be enough for a single plant for veg and flowering ??

Hi all
I bought a 14w LED grow panel for a square foot stealth grow box here are the specs on this light:

Power - 13.8 w
LED qty - 225 pcs (165 red, 60 blue
Color - R+B blue 450~460 nm red 635 ~ 650:

Also using chocolate kush a mostly indica strain

Will this light be enough for a single plant for veg and flowering ??

Are you sure it is 14w? it seems too low. each led chip is 0.06w, I don't think it is possible; if it is, it shouldn't be enough to grow a normal-sized plant.
I grow with a 136w led panel and it seems to me to be the very minimum wattage to have a decent harvest (having enough weed for my needs).

I'd suggest you to increase the number of lights. BTW the light spectrum seems correct.

Please post some pics of your setup and the growth of your plant, I'm really curious to see her development.

cheers

i used this grow board was not useful after the first 3 days from sprout then little to no growth at all until I changed the light to a more powerful 800w LED MARSHYDRO

Not enough light at all. Not even in the ballpark, sorry man.

For LED lights, you want 30-50 watts per square foot, but can grow with as little as 20w /sqft.

EDIT: I HAVE seen the light you're talking about. Cannabis uses more colors than that to grow, so it doesn't provide the correct spectrum range. Wattage is too low as previously mentioned. I saw these lights priced in the $30 USD range. For like $60-$70 you can buy a working LED from Mars Hydro.

I'm growing in a 26"x40" space, and am using two, 150 watt lights.

Like has been said before, not enough light.

For a really small stealth grow box, you are better off using a 50-100W CFL light. They can stay much closer to the plant than an LED without causing burns. If you will be growing in an area bigger than about 4 cubic feet, then you might consider a higher watt LED

EDIT** Just saw that you will be growing in a square foot box. Look into PC grows, the set ups should be similar and it might actually be a better idea for your grow. To me, the cost to yield ratio doesn't seem anywhere near worth it, as most of the grows I have seen produce less than 1/4 ounce.

Lowryder 2 PC Grow - Organic - Stealth

Well letting you guys know that everything is ok seedling looks straight and strong no growth deficiencies yet all good

Week 3 update I think the lights fine

20150603_171522.jpg
20150603_171512.jpg

Lookin good,keep up the good work.transplant soon,get it into flower asap.you dont have enuff light for a bigger plant:thumb:

Plant looks great :D
I don't know about flowering but if you want a small plant, you can veg using an LED light like yours :)
I grow my seedlings under one 6w led light, just untill they're big enough to use all the light they receive, that's when I put 'em in my bucket, it has 4x35W Cfl's :D
I really doubt you'll be able to flower and get good bud under that little light, Probably you could buy a better led like everyone suggests or use Cfl's or perhaps buy like 2 more of those Led lights and I think you'll be good :)

But if all in all you flower using your 14W led, please post some pictures and weigh the bud plus smoke it and tell me how it was xP
I'm following your grow :)

Thanks
I have a 6w led light aswell that i have as a spare but its small might ad it into my box when i want to flower and i have a 250w cfl 2700k but things huge and overkill for a square foot stealth grow
Will keep you all updated with photos

The 250W 2700K would definitely help but I'm sure it would get damn hot plus it must be too big
Definitely add the 6W during flowering
Please do keep us updated on your progress, It'll help me a lot on my next experiment

I used the same boards on my first grow did ok for seedling and into veg but after a couple weeks it didnt have the power to sustain the grow. I built a 400w set of lights and seem to be doing great now.

Back
Top Bottom