1st Time DWC Seedling Help

Do you have scale type pictures we can see of your plants ? I would like see how your doing with it and what makes you promote it so much.

Not that I think your a shill I am curious to your growth results.

z7 is the best if you can get it.

Last I heard you could only get it in the US.

I Quoted Duke0 Post on it.

Your plants will kick in gear soon mine took two weeks to set roots and were not looking that spectacular at first either and didn't start looking healthy till the roots hit the water.

Don't force feed them po things look to wet as well let them dry out between watering big time they need to search for nutes.

I also suggest to raise the water level to *at least* the bottom 1/2 inch the pot. Personally after doing research and testing for soaked Rapid rooters set the pots to 2.5 inches deep at first and moved to a inch deep after the plants were about 2 1/2 ft tall. At a inch everything is going real well.

Ok, so here's the deal:

- Emptied Rez, cleaned, soaked in bleach for an hour, emptied, rinsed a bunch, dried.

- Soaked airstones and air lines in bleach for an hour. Rinsed a bunch in clean water. Let run for 10 minutes in clean water.

- Refilled Rez with water. Set pH to 5.7, then added Hydroguard....Then set pH to 5.6 because I don't follow instructions well when I'm rushed and don't get paid, hah!

- Lights go off when I sleep, come on when I wake. If I have time in the morning I will check on them, otherwise I'll check after work.

Updates to follow when there is progress.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Also, I had the pots in the water before, that is what caused to drowning issue. The bottom of the pots are dripping even when 3inch above the water. I have 2 pumps and 4 airstones. Lots of bubbles.

UPDATE:

Seedlings are doing much better. The one that looked almost dead is still getting bigger. The spots on the leaves aren't in the new growth area. Pics soon

The seedling is doing better. It looks horrible but it is doing better. I top feed 2-3 times a day and most once. I have added a 6in fan and heat. The environment is now around 80°F

I would guess that the RW cube is staying too wet... When i used rw to do clones, at transplant i always pulled off as much rw as i could, with as little damage to the roots as possible..... It's lousy shit to start seeds in..... It takes too long to learn how to use rw without having problems of some sort...
When using seeds with a waterfarm, i usually put the sprouted seed directly into the hydroton.. A little chanel made with aluminum foil under a drip hole gets it started... Even then i direct the water a 1/2 in. from the root itself... You can't drown roots in water with a high dissolved o2 content..... You can drown them, or stunt them in a wr cube if you keep it too wet..... If the seed has a limited amount of water in the cube, they'll grow out of the cube into the hydroton seeking more...... DWC is easy, the part that's a little harder is getting the roots to the water itself...

TLDR; Damn seedlings are touch, they are recovering. Doing stuff and things with heat. See below for details:.

I currently have roots starting to make their way into the reservoir. I had to turn off my 6in fan as the leaves started to cup. Did a top feed of water twice, removed the heat and fan, and the cupping disappeared within a few hours.

I have added the heat back now as the light is off. The temp in the cabinet is about 73°F.

I'll remove the her in the morning when the lights come back on.

I'm going to be adding a non-luminous infrared device into the cabinet. I'll be monitoring it closely to make sure it doesn't get too hot. Eventually I'll get a regulator for it so when it hits 81°F it will turn off.

LED runs too cool to provide enough heat for growth. Under the LED without an exhaust fan running is barely 70°F

Use destilled water. It's properly pH balanced already. Just add your nutes and CalMag. Done.

You can't really overwater in s hydrosetup unless you have some medium that is retaining the water too long, so either you are too waterig too often and the cube is too wet, or your medium is holding the water too long. When top watering for DWC you literally use like a small turkey baster or dropper and add a few ml. That's it. If you're pouring a cup on it. Don't.

If you have slime issues it's because of temps, or something foreign in the system. I would clean everything. Start with destilled water and with your temps at 65° you will never have root rot issues from heat. Unless you have issues with temperature controlling your water temps, Hydroguard is a waste in my opinion.

After reading over all of your notes and responses again ... All I will say is STOP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING! Haha
No nutes for a bit, or use 1/8tsp of each per gallon until you see a difference in growth response and some healing.

Can you show a pic under the white lid? I have a feeling light is getting into your reservoir. I'd bet on it in fact.

Light is definitely getting inside your res somehow. Do you have it completely sealed so no light can leak inside res? Light makes algea and slime roots and unhealthy roots equal horrible plants

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

I had the same problem with light for a bit was destroyimg my root system. Some dark duct tape and it cleared right up, does algae lower the ph?

to each their own and mine to smoke

420-magazine-mobile1748191752.jpg

Heres one of mine clones that had ph, light issues. But now its taken off flowering

to each their own and mine to smoke

1. Cover each of those lids with either two layers black duct tape, or two layers of tin foil and tape.

2. Use destilled water. It's already ph balanced just add your nutes and supps.

3. Once you have roots touching the water stop top watering.

If you do that you'll be fine and never have root rot issues. Provided your reservoir temps stay where you say they are.

Back
Top Bottom