1st Time Grow - 5 x Moxie Viper City OG Xlll In Soil

Re: 1st time grow, is this where I start a journal?

Welcome to :420:! You are in the correct place to share your grow and setup. There are a ton of great people here to lend a hand and as you gain experience, you will be able to repay the favor.

:thumb:

So with that being said, let's hear what you have going on!

Re: 1st time grow, 5 - moxie viper city OGXlll in soil

Alllllrighty then. Let me get started by saying thank you to 420magazine for providing such an amazing source of information to the public. Like I said previously. This is my first grow, however; I have done tons of research into starting my first grow. I believe that I have taken the necessary steps to produce some quality smoke. I'm a veteran with PTSD, and I'm growing my own medication along with a friend that is also a patient. I will be including him in this thread when he gets signed up. Our goal? Not to spend money on medicine... That's all. Cannabis is necessary for me to combat social anxiety, anger, amongst other things. But I would much rather spend my money on my family. Via vaporizing, and pressing rosin, I go through an ounce a week personally $$$$ ouch.

So here is some information on our setup.

Veg Tent:

2' x 4' x 5' tall lined with mylar
Hydro farm 8" reflector hood with Eye Hortilux Blue Daylight bulb
600 watt digital ballast
clone dome (off to one side for babies)
8 inch fan
Building can be kept below 80f when 109f outside (already tested unfortunately)

Flower Room:

6'6 x 7'6 x 9' tall grow space lined entirely in white poly film
8 inch 770cfm inline fan with carbon filter(vented out of flower room directly through Veg tent)
3 8 inch fans
7 gallon Royal Pots fabric pots
XXL Reflector with 8" cool tube, Eye Hortilux 1000w super hps bulb
1000 watt hydrofarm magnetic ballast (outside of room)
18" ac unit with de-humidifier
Digital thermometer/Humidity monitor

Dark Room:

34" x 34" x 73" tall drying tent
Double lined to keep out light
breathable mesh for air flow
4 inch inline fan with carbon filter
Gro1 8 slot drying rack
digital thermometer/humidity monitor
24/ 32 oz mason jars
Building can be kept below 80f when 109f outside

Please tell me what everybody thinks. It is very exciting to finally be posting my first grow. I'll be uploading some pics of the room, and the grow that is already underway next. They were planted in soil on 5/22/16. 5 Moxie Viper City OG Xlll in Veg

5 Moxie Viper City OGXlll. Seeds were germinated in a paper towel with some Mykos sprinkled in with them. All seeds popped in 36 hrs. Seeds were planted on 5/22/16 in 7 gallon fabric pots using Fox Farm Ocean's Forest soil, with some Mykos sprinkled in with the seeds. I had to do a factory reset on my iphone, and lost all of my early pics of the grow. These were sent to me by my grow partner. Quality of the pics will improve in the future. As well as keeping track of the dates the pics are taken on so that folks are well informed.

IMG_014746.JPG
IMG_014652.JPG
IMG_014544.JPG
IMG_014446.JPG
IMG_014346.JPG

The 1st pic is the only plant to seem to be having any issues. It isn't growing as well as the others, and always stresses out every time I water, whether it was RO water ph'd at 5.5 - 6.0 at early stages in life, or ph'd at 6.5 - 7 as it has been for the past week. Plants were all topped on 6/8/16 above the 3rd node. Up to that point, only the Mykos used when planting the seed, and RO water had been given to the plants. On 6/11/16 all plants were given Rock nutrients Grow, Supercharge, and Absorbalight foliar spray all at 1/4 strength of recommended feeding chart. I will be feeding again on 6/18 and I plan on bumping up the nutrient levels to 1/2 strength. Also, two of the plants started with 3 fan leaves, I do not know what this means, other than they look odd. One of them is the largest and healthiest out of all the plants. Anyone have any info?

IMG_015044.JPG
IMG_015350.JPG
IMG_015558.JPG
IMG_015749.JPG
IMG_015951.JPG
IMG_016143.JPG
IMG_014954.JPG

Happy Friday everybody. Please feel free to subscribe to my thread. A lot of work goes into completing a solid grow journal. If anything, I see it as a way to pay close attention to my girls by taking quality pics, and updating what is going on. Completed journals will hopefully be a useful tool that I can go back to reference in the future...

Got up early this morning and topped the girls and initiated some LST training. Used some soft elastic and safety pinned some of the branches away from the center of the plant, allowing for more light to the entire plant, forcing more tops. I used elastic due to the technology in place by"LST tops" brand that is used for plastic pots. The resistance training of the plant pushing against the elastic seems to make sense to me. However, Using safety pins and individually cut pieces of elastic, I believe that it increases mobility to train your plant in the desired direction. I saw a video on Youtube, and a guy using LST tops had to wait for some branches to grow a little longer in order to train them. I just made the idea work for me. I hope... I will be uploading some pictures later this afternoon of the topping and training conducted this morning.

These pics were taken on 6/19, plants are 31 days from being planted as seeds. Been two days since topping and LST training. The plant in the first pic did not receive any LST due to it being rather finicky. I am gently bending branches using elastic and safety pinning to fabric pots, ensuring the center of the plant, and all tops are receiving adequate light. The plants do not look as pretty as they did prior to LST, but I'm hoping that it will pay off in the long run. On the 18th, the plants were given Rock nutrients Fusion Grow, Supercharge, and Absorbalight foliar spray. For the Fusion I used 3.5ml, 5 ml was recommended according to feeding chart. On the Supercharge I used 2.5ml of recommended 4ml. I stated in an early post that my first feeding was at 1/4 strength, when it was probably closer to 1/3 strength. The girls seemed to love the first dose, so I bumped it up. Tomorrow the girls will receive the same Veg nutes at 3/4 strength. Maybe I am doing something wrong as far as this journal goes, but I don't having anyone interested in following my grow lol, oh well. Like I stated before, this journal is a good way to keep track of your grow, preventing me from repeating the same mistakes.-:tokin:

IMG_019247.JPG
IMG_019148.JPG
IMG_019050.JPG
IMG_018949.JPG
IMG_018847.JPG
IMG_018747.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom