1st Time Grow Jack Diesel Sativa Indoor CCOB w LST Hydro

I was on my way to work so popped them in, it'll be fine tuned over the next few days :) I also smoked a bong of it and despite being a bit harsh etc it's really nice. Awesome high. Very happy!

I'm saying even to dry. I used to hang some of my plants and still do just for convenience, but they dry just as nice on a rack and you gotta cut of off at one point or another anyway

I'm saying even to dry. I used to hang some of my plants and still do just for convenience, but they dry just as nice on a rack and you gotta cut of off at one point or another anyway
Yes I think I will make a drying rack from apple crates. This time round we did it this way for time but next time more attention will be put into the trim. I plan to make a lot of cannaoil so the badly trimmed bits will go to that, the leave to hash and the best bits for smoke. How did you make your rack? :D

harsh cause it isn't cured yet
Happy Freeweed day Cherry :thumb:

Totally, and even though it is 5 days into drying and no curing it's better than some weed I have had in the past. I am v excited about the cure and am getting lots of smaller jars, in each will be different citrus peel and whole spices as a taste experiment. There is enough to go around! The main bulk will be cured with lemon peel to enhance the lemon taste of this strain. I will post taste reviews here over the next 6 weeks. The high was mild, uplifting and happy. I was able to power through decorating a cake I was working on with a floaty happy smile. I love sativas for that reason, but need to grow my warm sleepy bubba kush next. The strain after that will be for osteoparosis and pain for my MIL. :D

Just weighed the ladies in dry before the cure, 7 days of drying. Total 306g dry. Really happy! Need to trim a lot better next time, you can see where we were getting tired and quality control went out the window, but hey, that's what edibles and bubble hash are for :D. I have 500g of good trim inc some fatish buds that got chucked in, in the name of coconut cannaoil. I am going to make a small batch of cannaoil now and cure the rest for an epic cannaoil. This is making up for having a fever for the last 2 days! :high-five:

a piece of cardboard LOL

Hi Cherry! That's an awesome harvest- congratulations!:bravo:
Adding citrus and spices to flavour the herb as it cures- wow cool idea!
You're inspiring me to try curing with a few spices too- cant wait to hear your smoke reports!
Have a great week!

Cure going so well! I am moving this to completed journals today but will still smoke report later. It's already excellent The cinnamon and star anise smell insane as do all the citrus and of course the plain weed lol. Just put seeds into paper bubba k:circle-of-love:ush is on its way. Reading up on fluxing and mainlining etc this time it's going to be a scientific grow. Xxx

A week into the cure and this weed gets better every day, I've taken it upon myself to be a tester and am treating the role very seriously, tough job but I guess someone has to do it. I've been making sure that my 1st of the day is a bong of our very own Jack Diesel, this way I can judge the effect as clearly as possible. It's funny, the aroma of the weed in the jar is quite Diesely, it has a definite citrus tinge that stays on your fingers if you handle it too much. However, the smoke is where the Herer genes really show themselves, when you burn it that very distinctive Jack Herer smell comes out and is the lingering smell afterwards, this translates in the taste as you hit the bong.

The effect is fantastic and as I said is getting better and more pronounced with every day, being a sativa dominant strain it is definitely a day-time/early evening smoke that genuinely uplifts me and gets me in the mood for most things. It's a very chatty, smile-inducing stone with a decent sized bong lasting for a good few hours, I freaking love it, made all the sweeter knowing that we grew it ourselves. We've had to go and buy some indica from a friend so we've got something for later in the evening, otherwise I don't think I'd be getting too much sleep.

I'll report back with more once we've had another week or 2 of curing, I can see this is going to get better and better :)

Hi Cherryhaze and Rusky.

Thanks for sharing your first grow with us.
Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Quick update on the cure, sad to say lost around 20g to mould, the dry and cure is by far the hardest part. After the cure and removal of mouldy weed the weight was about 250g. Still v happy, considering we lost a lot to mould it was still a good crop weight wise. Plus Sativas are tricky. Next time will trim all stalks off and try the card board box dry technique. Over and out green friends and happy growing.

Just seen you are now a moderator, cool beans! Congratulations :D

Hi Cherryhaze and Rusky.

Thanks for sharing your first grow with us.
Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom